THE BROWNS BOARD

Analytics/Self Analysis

Bob806

I believe we've had a topic or two about this here, but I'd like to revisit it & add my thoughts. FWIW, I'm not like some guys on here who break everything down pretty darn well, just a fan who played as a kid.

So we obviously know there's the Browns analytic team- do they re evaluate after every game or season? Month-by-month? I'm confused because the Browns are clearly WORSE than they were in 2020.

How many times will they leave points on the field? Kick the FG on the road....did they analyze that the Browns were averaging over 33 PPG vs Cincy in the last 5 meetings? Did they analyze we would have beaten the Chargers & Ratbirds if we KICKED the damn FG when the opportunity was presented? Or was it because Cade York was struggling, along with FG/XP protection?

Have they truly analyzed that the offensive line is struggling a ton right now? My guess is yes, but are they blaming injuries or lack of system execution? 

Have they analyzed that our DBs totally suck in zone coverage? Yesterday there was one WR who could beat them, and they allowed it...Chase 15 targets vs an "umbrella defense." Hideous.

My goodness, it's the same thing over & over now for 2 seasons. It HAS to change, doesn't it? If these guys are so smart, and say Haslam wants to keep them around, they HAVE to try a different approach heading into 2023. 

The Browns aren't any different from the other 31 teams, they've all got salary cap concerns, injuries, maybe malcontents in the locker room. So are they going to blow it up & start again? 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I believe we've had a topic or two about this here, but I'd like to revisit it & add my thoughts. FWIW, I'm not like some guys on here who break everything down pretty darn well, just a fan who played as a kid.

So we obviously know there's the Browns analytic team- do they re evaluate after every game or season? Month-by-month? I'm confused because the Browns are clearly WORSE than they were in 2020.

How many times will they leave points on the field? Kick the FG on the road....did they analyze that the Browns were averaging over 33 PPG vs Cincy in the last 5 meetings? Did they analyze we would have beaten the Chargers & Ratbirds if we KICKED the damn FG when the opportunity was presented? Or was it because Cade York was struggling, along with FG/XP protection?

Have they truly analyzed that the offensive line is struggling a ton right now? My guess is yes, but are they blaming injuries or lack of system execution? 

Have they analyzed that our DBs totally suck in zone coverage? Yesterday there was one WR who could beat them, and they allowed it...Chase 15 targets vs an "umbrella defense." Hideous.

My goodness, it's the same thing over & over now for 2 seasons. It HAS to change, doesn't it? If these guys are so smart, and say Haslam wants to keep them around, they HAVE to try a different approach heading into 2023. 

The Browns aren't any different from the other 31 teams, they've all got salary cap concerns, injuries, maybe malcontents in the locker room. So are they going to blow it up & start again? 

We don’t know how to play zone and we certainly don’t communicate well enough to play it.  You could point out the personnel issues and beat the dead horse that is…no push from the interior defensive line…but it is more than that and has been more than that… how many plays have our LBs and safeties made on passes in the middle of the field. 

• Upvote 2