THE BROWNS BOARD

Future problems

Kvoethe

Vertical zone runs can be done effectively from the gun, which also allows us to incorporate the split zone RPO's as well. 

Chubb didn't start coming alive his rookie season until we started running more inside zone from that same gun look in preseason. 

And the outside zone that plays to the bootlegs will eventually make life easier not only on Watson, but on the running game as well in slowing down edge pursuit.   It's something Deshaun will have to continue to get better at in time, likewise for Chubb. 

Your take is wildly simplified and cutdown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Vertical

Chubb didn't start coming alive his rookie season until* we started running more inside zone from that same gun look in preseason. 

*They traded Carlos Hyde lol

Remember, Hue started Tyrod over Baker, Hyde over Chubb, to " give  a veteran presence" to a 1-31/0-16 team😑

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

DW is a shotgun Qb...i think we all agree.

Nick Chubb is an I formation North South runner

I dont think those styles mix well.  Hence Nicks struggles the last 2 days.

That or Bill Callahan can only work so much magic when it comes to plugging in centers to replace injured ones, and being on their 3rd (or is it 4th) center is really causing issues. This kind of reminds me of 2014, when Alex Mack got injured and the running game - which had been doing very well under Shanahan - struggled mightily down the stretch.