THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Saints

Orion

image.png.c17785d9d88c9a5819f647aed646d4f6.png

The Saints come marchin' in for the 4th game of the 2022 preseason of the 2023 season.   (umm...we have a 1% chance of making the playoffs)

The Saints appear to throw the ball pretty well...although by the numbers we're equal to the task as a pass defense.  They don't run the ball particularly well but then neither of us defends the run well either.  The Saints are good against the pass and are pretty good at pressuring the QB.  

It comes down to whether our running game can be successful, which it's been tough sledding lately (perhaps we get our #2 center back for the game), and how well our defense does.  We seem to have days where we can make the worst running team look like world beaters.  

I'm again expecting mediocre play from our QB as that's the Saint's strength, but perhaps selling out to stop Chubb can make some space for the passing game.  We'll see.

• Thanks 1

Yeah if the weather forecast holds true both teams will alter game plans. 

So ultimately it could come down to which team tackles better or who makes the fatal mistake. 

Browns have a good history vs the Saints, let's hope that continues.

17 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah if the weather forecast holds true both teams will alter game plans. 

So ultimately it could come down to which team tackles better or who makes the fatal mistake. 

Browns have a good history vs the Saints, let's hope that continues.

Not a Kamara game and that’s good and bad. Ingram is out…that’s good 

I fully expect a heavy dose of Taysom Hill running into a stacked box and pushing piles.  Not exactly something we should look forward to given our front problems.

I don’t expect Andy Dalton to fire any bullets in the wind with his noodle arm either…he’s become a game manager check down QB in good conditions.

We need to sell out on Taysom Hill and tackle him.

• Upvote 1

12°

45%
SW 29 mph

Windy with on and off snow showers during the morning. High 12F. Winds SW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

download.jpg.d1d832bc3246468e8d05ee561a18a548.jpg  Denny's and Dummies !  hot takes.. 🥞

Find Cameron Jordan 👀...  than... Run a play away from Cameron Jordan... 🏃‍♂️  

DEFENSE
LDE 94 JORDAN, CAMERON 11/1 90 Kpassagnon, Tanoh U/KC            
LDT 93 ONYEMATA, DAVID 16/4 91 Street, Kentavius U/SF            
RDT 99 Tuttle, Shy CF19 97 Roach, Malcolm CF20            
RDE 92 Davenport, Marcus 18/1 96 Granderson, Carl CF19

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not a Kamara game and that’s good and bad. Ingram is out…that’s good 

I fully expect a heavy dose of Taysom Hill running into a stacked box and pushing piles.  Not exactly something we should look forward to given our front problems.

We need to sell out on Taysom Hill and tackle him.

Exactly what I was thinking. He plays angry for a QB.

Saints are in the same situation as the Browns...a tiny chance of making the playoffs. Might as well pull out all the stops Saturday 

On 12/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, Orion said:
12°

45%
SW 29 mph

Windy with on and off snow showers during the morning. High 12F. Winds SW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

hell ya 

On 12/20/2022 at 7:42 PM, gumby73 said:

download.jpg.d1d832bc3246468e8d05ee561a18a548.jpg  Denny's and Dummies !  hot takes.. 🥞

Find Cameron Jordan 👀...  than... Run a play away from Cameron Jordan... 🏃‍♂️  

DEFENSE
LDE 94 JORDAN, CAMERON 11/1 90 Kpassagnon, Tanoh U/KC            
LDT 93 ONYEMATA, DAVID 16/4 91 Street, Kentavius U/SF            
RDT 99 Tuttle, Shy CF19 97 Roach, Malcolm CF20            
RDE 92 Davenport, Marcus 18/1 96 Granderson, Carl CF19

ha they showed that on good morning football

1:00 PMEST   Browns

(6-8)
Saints
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Marcus Maye S Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Dwayne Washington RB Illness Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Jarvis Landry WR Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Ryan Ramczyk T   Full Participation in Practice  
Marshon Lattimore CB Abdomen Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Cesar Ruiz G   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Pete Werner LB Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Adam Trautman TE Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
P.J. Williams CB Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Chris Olave WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Andrus Peat G Illness Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Browns
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Jordan Kunaszyk LB   Full Participation in Practice  
John Johnson S Thigh Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Nick Chubb RB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jack Conklin T   Full Participation in Practice  
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR   Full Participation in Practice  
Jadeveon Clowney DE Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
David Njoku TE   Full Participation in Practice  
Joel Bitonio G   Full Participation in Practice  
A.J. Green CB   Full Participation in Practice  
Denzel Ward CB   Full Participation in Practice  
Amari Cooper WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Wyatt Teller G   Limited Participation in Practice  
Myles Garrett DE   Limited Participation in Practice  
David Bell WR   Full Participation in Practice

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Johnson's got a thigh injury.  Bruised thigh I believe.  Wouldn't it be nice if players wore thigh pads?   Just a thought.....

Oh god how old fashioned is that ?  Thigh pads, I had them in my first uniform in fifth grade.  Along with hip pads, knee pads and a single bar helmet. 

Old fashioned but they did serve a purpose  ..... even if a bunch of 5th and 6th graders pads kept falling out.  Oh and high top shoes, my first spikes were in high school with a  "Lou Groza style" square toed high top kicking shoe.  

Then true or not starting in high school,  college and for sure pros players thought that they could run slightly cut time off their 40 and 100 yard times.  Then came taping everything  like shoes, pads, similar reasons.

Now  would the pads actually work now ?   Yes or no ?    My guess is yes.  So will they ?

32 minutes ago, syd said:

color rush tommorow

I hate that....unless it's white....but we would never have scheduled ourselves to wear white for a December game.  We'll be solid brown no doubt.

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

I hate that....unless it's white....but we would never have scheduled ourselves to wear white for a December game.  We'll be solid brown no doubt.

i believe but not certain that we do have a winning record with the all brown

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Me too!  It's gonna be a who has the better fundamentals day with the blocking, tacking and ball security.  And since you live somewhere in the vicinity of the NE Patriots - you probably remember the day the Browns beat NE with heavy doses of Peyton Hillis.  Brian Baldinger did a great feature after the game called Smashing Pumpkins that turned out to be a clinic on how to run the ball down the esophagus of a defense (and not just any defense - a Bill Belichick Defense).  They were supposed to be good against the run too. All his replays showed a hat on a hat where everyone in the box got blocked in a great version of smash-mouth football.  The beneficiary of the victory over a Tom Brady led football team was... Colt McCoy.  

Let's confuse the Holiday here a little with a return to that Smashing Pumpkins mentality and break out the bright orange uniforms.  You want ugly folks?  We got it covered!  Adding meatball to spaghetti, if there is a blizzard - orange might be the easiest color to see out there. Stay tuned...

• Upvote 1

I'm as old school as anybody, but I actually prefer it when the Browns wear the brown tops. Yeah, I realize the Browns were dominant in white from 1946-64.

The main reason is to me they look better, & I hate seeing division rivals wear their home colors in our stadium.

This is a big game for CLE. Show us you still care, kick the Saints' a$$.