THE BROWNS BOARD

American Drinkers

Axe

9 hours ago, FY56 said:

One thing for certain is that  Hoorta has been drinking the liberal Kool-Aid. Now the booze.

A really bad combination.

You swill a fair amount of t-Rump Kool-Aid, so STFU!!!  BTW, I get to consult on whether a $300 buck bottle of wine (& not on my nickel either) is worth putting up on my favorite restaurant's wine list... You aren't even worthy to comment on what I know about wine, or booze... Sorry Drumplican..  :D  :D  :D    

BTW, My crystal ball says 2023 is going to be a very bad year for Mango Mussolini.  :D 

PS- FY you pussy-  care to take my quiz on how little you know about Booze?  I can dream up about 5-10 questions off the top of my head I bet you can't answer without cheating to look up the answers.  :D  I'll start with this- what does MW mean, and how does one get one?    Up for it? :D   

Off topic? Hey WTF. Maybe in this one instance at least when we specify Vino I'd imagine Larry will be able to hold his own, quite possibly rain Supreme. Early '70s I drank a fair amount playing in the rock and roll band. Budweiser and Seagram's Seven. 

Taste in beer kind of grew and expanded as the years went on, always kind of liked the somewhat more exclusive Brews. In those days lowenbrau seemed like it was cool. Guinness extra Stout and Irish whiskey for the next step and the Guinness gave way to Guinness draft as more and more bars got it in kegs with nitrogen taps. Never really liked wine all that much except for an occasional bottle of Lambrusco with pasta in front of The Godfather. If I'm going to drink it now it would probably be Cabernet. If I'm not mistaken at Stan's wake Larry was drinking Cabernet sitting across from me. Then my taste turn to India Pale Ale. Shouldn't be called India Pale Ale because these days it's made with hops that weren't available when the British made it to send to their troops in India. Bitter IPAd liks Racer 5 and Torpedo gave way to the more floral Northwest hops. Lagunitas yellow snow enjoy by Maharaja moving on to Headhunter White Rajah and now the hazy ipas in the tradition of the original heady topper from Alchemist Brewing. Platform Haze Jude is one. I don't drink in the daytime at an evening of drinking is usually in the ballpark of three pints unless we start doing shots like Washington apples or green tea; you know easy shots. I'm trying to acquire a better knowledge of scotch and I like the really Smoky ones the favorite being lagavulin. But doublewood Highland Park and even the trusty Glenlivet have also got a spot in my bar. Outside of that I like to have an occasional Bombay Sapphire martini Three Olives extra dry straight up.

🍺🥃🍷

WSS 

Cal, Frostie is the best tasting root beer you can get but I've always had a soft spot for hires because my old Aunt Margaret used to sell it from a giant Barrel at the Carroll County Fair.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

You swill a fair amount of t-Rump Kool-Aid, so STFU!!!  BTW, I get to consult on whether a $300 buck bottle of wine (& not on my nickel either) is worth putting up on my favorite restaurant's wine list... You aren't even worthy to comment on what I know about wine, or booze... Sorry Drumplican..  :D  :D  :D    

BTW, My crystal ball says 2023 is going to be a very bad year for Mango Mussolini.  :D 

Did someone say something?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

PS- FY you pussy-  care to take my quiz on how little you know about Booze?  I can dream up about 5-10 questions off the top of my head I bet you can't answer without cheating to look up the answers.  :D  I'll start with this- what does MW mean, and how does one get one?    Up for it? :D   

There it is again!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bet you say that to all they guys...

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Cal, Frostie is the best tasting root beer you can get but I've always had a soft spot for hires because my old Aunt Margaret used to sell it from a giant Barrel at the Carroll County Fair.

Very cool !!!

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry to butt in - but MW means "Maddog 4040 Without ice". I remember that from college days before I left and joined the Air Force. Some friends at a party wanted me to taste it, and one of them LOL so hard she had to run to the bathroom. I was born a goofy comedian child, but that time, I wasn't being funny on purpose.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Sorry to butt in - but MW means "Maddog 4040 Without ice". I remember that from college days before I left and joined the Air Force. Some friends at a party wanted me to taste it, and one of them LOL so hard she had to run to the bathroom. I was born a goofy comedian child, but that time, I wasn't being funny on purpose.

Mad Dog is 20/20. Short for Mogen David 20/20. The 20 refers to the highest alcohol content you were allowed to sell wine at. Or fortified wine more specifically. Never heard of mw-4040.

WSS 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Mad Dog is 20/20. Short for Mogen David 20/20. The 20 refers to the highest alcohol content you were allowed to sell wine at. Or fortified wine more specifically. Never heard of mw-4040.

WSS 

well, it was a long time ago, lol....

Yes, it is 20 20.

Unless somebody adds WD-40 to it.......

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

Actually Steve, MW stands for Master of Wine...  And it is the equivalent of having a college Master's degree.  There's only 50 or so in the United States, and a few hundred more world wide. You have to be a super expert in the written subject(s) tests, and then pass a brutal tasting exam.  Better be up on those Serbian grape varieties no one outside of the country has ever heard of.  :)   

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:36 PM, hoorta said:

Actually Steve, MW stands for Master of Wine...  And it is the equivalent of having a college Master's degree.  There's only 50 or so in the United States, and a few hundred more world wide. You have to be a super expert in the written subject(s) tests, and then pass a brutal tasting exam.  Better be up on those Serbian grape varieties no one outside of the country has ever heard of.  :)   

Master of Wine sounds about as prestigious as a Ph.D in Sociology, imo.

I drank my lifetime limit and lived to tell the tale. I have been sober for almost 3 years now.

I will admit I might have a sip of something new my wife orders every few months and had a sip from the family still in Alabama a few months ago..just making sure they were maintaining the standards of making the best corn liquor anywhere..When you are killing a couple of 1.73 liter bottles of Jack a week, the limit has been reached. The liver finally started to balk.  At any rate, I didn't miss out,  nor miss it.

Lucky for me, non-alcoholic beers are gaining in popularity.  It's not just your O'Douls anymore.  Guinness 0 is excellent.  It tastes like the real deal.

Well.  I did "sleep" better when I drank. I guess that is why i am sitting here at 2:15am posting on a message board...lol

• Upvote 3

On 1/17/2023 at 2:10 AM, ballpeen said:

I drank my lifetime limit and lived to tell the tale. I have been sober for almost 3 years now.

I will admit I might have a sip of something new my wife orders every few months and had a sip from the family still in Alabama a few months ago..just making sure they were maintaining the standards of making the best corn liquor anywhere..When you are killing a couple of 1.73 liter bottles of Jack a week, the limit has been reached. The liver finally started to balk.  At any rate, I didn't miss out,  nor miss it.

Lucky for me, non-alcoholic beers are gaining in popularity.  It's not just your O'Douls anymore.  Guinness 0 is excellent.  It tastes like the real deal.

Well.  I did "sleep" better when I drank. I guess that is why i am sitting here at 2:15am posting on a message board...lol

There are a few brands of hopped carbonated water out there.  One is called hot wathe other is Hoplark  The water having much more variety all sorts of different hops and some hopped carbonated tea. All of which tasty had refreshing and nice for drinking in the daytime.

Athletic brewing company specializes in NA beers but they are not 0 calories, still they're pretty good.

WSS

• Like 1