THE BROWNS BOARD

Clowney Throwing Shade

Canton Dawg

From Korsou's link.

Speaking to the media, defensive line coach Chris Kiffin confirmed parts of the story, specifically that Clowney refused to take the field on early downs against the Ravens. Kiffin stated Clowney told him it was due to a lingering injury, but it is clear that is far from the truth. Kiffin then went on to say he called Clowney out in front of the entire defensive line room and Clowney did not give an answer.

I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.

Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.

Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd or whatever his name is

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd

Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

I don't remember honestly... He's a name I remember and is someone who is thought to be creative... His name has surfaced recently rumored to wind up at several possible NFL destinations.. We'll see how it shakes out....

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't remember honestly... He's a name I remember and is someone who is thought to be creative... His name has surfaced recently rumored to wind up at several possible NFL destinations.. We'll see how it shakes out....

Turns out he's played for us... He's got interesting credentials...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Leonhard

• Like 1