THE BROWNS BOARD

~ AND ~   🏉  • WEEK 18 non-Cleveland BROWNS Football.​​​​​​​  🏉  Sat  KC @ LV & TEN @ JAX & Sun. Others •

mjp28

AND ~  "The"  🏉  Official WEEK 18 non-Cleveland BROWNS Football thread.  🏉  Sat  KC @ LV & TEN @ JAX /

To start  KC @ LV (+9.5) at 4:30  then  TEN (+6.5) @ JAX  at 8:15 pm.   To kickoff your football weekend. 

Kansas City   vs   @Las Vegas -- -- 9.5 9.5 Sat 01/07 04:30 PM -
@Jacksonville   vs   Tennessee -- -- 6.5 6.5 Sat 01/07 08:15 PM -

it seems like we've been away from  full speed  NFL football for a long time ..... not just one week.   

And I'm going   LV (+9.5)  and  OVER 51.5  and   JAX (-6.5) and OVER 39.5    " just for the fun of it".      ;)    Yeah I'm a PRIMETIME over sucker.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

it seems like we've been away from  full speed  NFL football for a long time ..... not just one week.   

And I'm going   LV (+9.5)  and  OVER 51.5  and   JAX (-6.5) and OVER 39.5    " just for the fun of it".      ;)    Yeah I'm a PRIMETIME over sucker.

i was just talking to MRS Syd  about how i can't believe tommorow is the last game of the year:( oh and i bet kelce to score the first t.d and for mahomes to pass over 400 and stinham(sp?) to pass over 300 in a parley

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

how did you get those odd's ? im at LV +8.5 and the ou is at 52  WTF 

Bless your guys' hearts if you had any mind to take the Raiders at +whatever. 

This is team feeling out what Stidham might mean to them long term, Josh Jacobs demo'ing for other teams and the Chiefs playing for home field advantage.

That's a line for LV I wouldn't have touched. 

Edit: Chiefs defense rounding into form with the early season shakes and the late season progression. Their aggressiveness really does match their offense. 

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Edit: Chiefs defense rounding into form with the early season shakes and the late season progression. Their aggressiveness really does match their offense. 

The Chiefs are honestly the only AFC team I can get behind in the playoffs. Mahomes is just amazing, and I dislike all the other teams completely. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm a sucker for all things Ohio, so I'll roll with Joey Buckets in Cincy. 

Lol...too much divisional rival hate for me to jump on board. Plus, Bob Trumpy & Boomer Esiason's bias cemented the BenGals as enemy 1c forever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, syd said:

how did you get those odd's ? im at LV +8.5 and the ou is at 52  WTF 

Yes different places, in the original post are copy & paste from our pickem,  there are different betting lines all over ...... different but close.  I always start with my old vegasinsider.com  and go from there.

58 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes different places, in the original post are copy & paste from our pickem,  there are different betting lines all over ...... different but close.  I always start with my old vegasinsider.com  and go from there.

i will never take your betting advice again 

9 minutes ago, syd said:

i will never take your betting advice again 

Yeah nice to get snookered 0-2 right out of the box. 

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

JAX (-6.5) and OVER 39.5    " just for the fun of it".      ;)    Yeah I'm a PRIMETIME over sucker.

You're a mad man.   I'm usually a primetime over as well, but not when the Jags are going against a Vrabel defense and the Titans are on a backup QB.   

Play to the room, my dude.

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah nice to get snookered 0-2 right out of the box. 

love ya man But i will never take your betting on a game ,,,,well till next time ,,,(lol),,,,,,,,,,happy New Year ,,,,,,,,,,,and hope you have alot more of em

8 minutes ago, syd said:

love ya man But i will never take your betting on a game ,,,,well till next time ,,,(lol),,,,,,,,,,happy New Year ,,,,,,,,,,,and hope you have alot more of em

I did pretty good as usual in college and even had a good start in the NFL  ..... have to get whatever MOJO back !   Not much time left.

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

TEN 10 - 7.   2nd quarter,    hmmmm.

I had some really good advice on KC but ignored it ..... mistake.   :o   

..... edit add,   DAL, PHI and SF all B-I-G.    :D

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

TEN 10 - 7.   2nd quarter,    hmmmm.

TEN 16 - 13, with 9 minutes left .... I've been surfing this game.

JAX 20 -16 with 2+ minutes left.

Edited by mjp28

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

TEN 16 - 13, with 9 minutes left .... I've been surfing this game.

JAX 20 -16 with 2+ minutes left.

JAX 20. TEN 16 final.   How about that  .....

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I had some really good advice on KC but ignored it ..... mistake.   :o   

..... edit add,   DAL, PHI and SF all B-I-G.    :D

Now those 3 I feel good about Sunday.   Well see what happens. 

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Bringing Pressure.  See there it works

In your opinion?

a) Was it a fumble?

or

b) It's Josh Dobbs.. and his arm was making a forward motion ?

Titans twitter has blown=up..

(the 2nd, was a fumble that Dobbs caught..clearly) 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

In your opinion?

a) Was it a fumble?

or

b) It's Josh Dobbs.. and his arm was making a forward motion ?

Titans twitter has blown=up..

(the 2nd, was a fumble that Dobbs caught..clearly) 

I didn't think it was a fumble. If that's Brady, Rodgers, the new darling Herbert, it's reversed. 

I feel bad for Vrabel. I wonder if changes are coming to Tennessee, in light of the GM firing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I didn't think it was a fumble. If that's Brady, Rodgers, the new darling Herbert, it's reversed. 

I feel bad for Vrabel. I wonder if changes are coming to Tennessee, in light of the GM firing.

agree.. the game review call took under a minute..

I would have offered the Titans a 6th round pick, after our Jets game..

1.) This defense needs a player leadership type, such as we saw in Washington's Chase Young on field/sidelines

2. The 6th rounder to Titans  was for Jim Schwartz back to Cleveland as DC :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

agree.. the game review call took under a minute..

I would have offered the Titans a 6th round pick, after our Jets game..

1.) This defense needs a player leadership type, such as we saw in Washington's Chase Young on field/sidelines

2. The 6th rounder to Titans  was for Jim Schwartz back to Cleveland as DC :) 

Good points here.

Kind of a tangent with me here, but a guy like Clowney could have been that kind of leader, but he chose a different path. In his defense, the dynamic duo dream of he & Garrett never materialized. 

Why? -Scheme? Coaching? Attitude? Low budget interior D line? 

As fans we just scratch our heads. 23 seasons since the return and really only 3 have been good. A few "near .500" seasons recently. It's almost impossible to be this bad in a league that's parity driven through drafts & free agency.

Damn I'm frustrated. Can't give up on 'em, but holy hell this is horrible.

34 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Good points here. SAME

As fans we just scratch our heads. 23 seasons since the return and really only 3 have been good. A few "near .500" seasons recently.

1) It's almost impossible to be this bad in a league that's parity driven through drafts & free agency.

2.) Damn I'm frustrated. Can't give up on 'em, but holy hell this is horrible.

Your on to something that Andrew Berry won't directly answer...

IMHO..

the league drug out D. Watson getting 11 games 

Berry was left, trusting on his youth player development hopes.. Over meaningful player additions into camp..

Once our season record/ met / the trade deadline? ?  was too late(our record)... and cost him a good roster year & maybe meaningful FA's additions

• Upvote 1