THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam believes this bullshit!

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Well said, and I agree 100%. At some point ShitMyPantski has to stand up and do things his way.

I don't believe he is running the team the way he wants to.

Well said, and I couldn’t agree more.

It kinda galvanizes the fact that no matter who’s the HC, we have the same FO pulling the strings.

That shit has to change.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

That is a version of failure, but I'd much rather be appearing in AFC Championship games and losing than be the current version of failure we find ourselves in.

No doubt.  I am not saying I long for the failures of Hue Jackson.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well said, and I couldn’t agree more.

It kinda galvanizes the fact that no matter who’s the HC, we have the same FO pulling the strings.

* Yes.   That shit has to change.   I agree somewhat   -but-   who and how ?

Yes I agree somewhat but who is in the position to tell the team owner   ....."hey Mr Browns Owner you're messing up more than helping run the Cleveland BROWNS  success year after year.".....   Might be a good idea but exactly  how  is this supposed to happen ?  

You would think the team owner would have the team success as his #1 priority and put together a committee or group or even a single person to oversee the upcoming NFL Draft, the FA pool and the overall plan to get the Cleveland BROWNS into and beyond with the ultimate goal of competing for and winning the Super Bowl Lombardi Trophy in the Cleveland BROWNS trophy case.  (It's rather empty now) 

SO you start with the basics of Management 101,  "POC" plan, organize and then control to put this all together to kick it off ......."are you listening Mr Cleveland BROWNS owner" ? ..... . That's where it all starts, if you can not handle putting together and running and doing the future team planning hire some qualified management and  football minds in the "new" FO to run this team.

The owner can oversee the running of the Cleveland BROWNS   -but-   for the good of the team step back the actual team planning,  organizing and controlling (including the feedback loop to correct plans and change the plans).   Are you listening    -or-   do you think you know everything and can do a better job of it.  A 7-10 record  with the talent you currently have had says an emphatic  "NO"  to that question. 

Are you listening ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

At some point ShitMyPantski has to stand up and do things his way

ok, so the tail should try to wag the dog.  That's a great career strategy.  

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I agree somewhat but who is in the position to tell the team owner   ....."hey Mr Browns Owner you're messing up more than helping run the Cleveland BROWNS  success year after year.".....   Might be a good idea but exactly  how  is this supposed to happen ?  

You would think the team owner would have the team success as his #1 priority and put together a committee or group or even a single person to oversee the upcoming NFL Draft, the FA pool and the overall plan to get the Cleveland BROWNS into and beyond with the ultimate goal of competing for and winning the Super Bowl Lombardi Trophy in the Cleveland BROWNS trophy case.  (It's rather empty now) 

SO you start with the basics of Management 101,  "POC" plan, organize and then control to put this all together to kick it off ......."are you listening Mr Cleveland BROWNS owner" ? ..... . That's where it all starts, if you can not handle putting together and running and doing the future team planning hire some qualified management and  football minds in the "new" FO to run this team.

The owner can oversee the running of the Cleveland BROWNS   -but-   for the good of the team step back the actual team planning,  organizing and controlling (including the feedback loop to correct plans and change the plans).   Are you listening    -or-   do you think you know everything and can do a better job of it.  A 7-10 record  with the talent you currently have had says an emphatic  "NO"  to that question. 

Are you listening ?

I think Haslam may have in the past been very active, but I don't think so for the past 2-3 years.  I am not sure what people are seeing the last several years that make them think that Jimmy is stirring the pot a whole lot.

Well, historically, the browns F.O. has fired one coach after another. It isn't the HC's fault the fo keeps hiring the wrong coaches.

This goes back to even Chudzinski - who never had a chance, with injuries and interference from the fo.

How many head coaches fired by the browns have gone on to other teams as head coaches?

(Bellichek was fired by the ravens actually, but still...). Just seems the browns want a head coach with will be fine

with them making most all the decisions.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reporter-asks-browns-owner-haslam-if-team-is-run-by-three-stooges/

OK ..... Now that our Cleveland BROWNS have checked out 7-10 another ho-hum season since the momentary 2020  11-5 and 12-6 touch of excitement with an actual playoff win. 

An identical record with the  1994 11-5 and 12-6 season.  Is it too much to expect that miniscule amount of success every 3 decades ?  

Actually that has happened 7 times since 1994 seasons with 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 wins.  Or the flop side with 17 seasons with 0 to 6  total wins.  Year after year of hoping for a .500 season.

That is not too much to ask from us forever loyal BROWNS fans and one big reason is piss-poor team ownership and FO performance    -and-   it is reflected by the tepid response on TBB since I've been around here in 2016.

Not too much to ask !   ( There I'm glad I got that off my chest, next one up.... )   mjp.

......  edit add,  kind of reminds you that the 1986 Bernie Kosar 12-4 regular season record or even the Jim Brown 1964 10-3-1 Championship season, even though I was 14 but it was  NICE !!          :D

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Are you listening ?

Mjp, here is my take, and my view of life in general.

True leaders do not respect hierarchy or their bosses over what is right. People that achieve great things in life raise hell. They get fired, they cause consternation.

Think about it, who in the world do you know that achieved greatness and did it passively?

Patton? Namath? Ali? Churchill? The Wright Brothers? Ditka? Lombardi? Paul Brown? Belchik? Parcells?

I always take heat for slamming our new hires, even calling for the firing of Hue and Crennell after 1 quarter of their first preseason game.

I despise men like ShitMyPantski for even emasculating himself, and agreeing to defer authority to Depodesta.

What kind of a **MASK** does that? I want the guy who in his interview tells Haslam he is a dumb fucker and that if he wants a winner he needs to put EVERYONE under the head coach.

Hire a **MASK**, you get a loser.

For the love of fuck men have become effeminate. Oh, we have to respect the billionaire, oh we have to respect the resumes of the prospective coaches, oh we can't behave in a way that the rules and convention tell us.

You ask, who is going to tell Haslam that? Interview me, interview a guy with balls, interview a guy who has his own vision and doesn't follow what someone else shoves up his ass.

Haslam disgusts me. Lerner disgusted me.

Maybe we need to start a website and go fund me page to publicly humiliate Haslam?

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

How many head coaches fired by the browns have gone on to other teams as head coaches?

Pat Shurmer comes to mind….but he had as much success with the Giants as he had with the Browns. 🤡

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Pat Shurmer comes to mind….but he had as much success with the Giants as he had with the Browns. 🤡

Lets not forget Rac with the Chiefs... I'll never forget about RAC bragging about having Babatunde Oshinowa on the team... I knew then he was a loser...

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 6:11 PM, Orion said:

I hear you.  I didn't like when he took 3 points off the board to go for it on 4th and 4.  But when I look around the league, They're all doing stupid shit on 4th down now!  And let's not forget Depodesta's vision, He's not interested in 4 yard runs.  He wants 13 yard passes.  As our new DC Schwartz said, Haslem is a hands on owner. (we, of course, knew that)  And Haslem agrees with Depo's analytical philosophy.  So, in THIS environment, in order to survive as the HC, you've gotta follow the company line....and still win.  

And with all of Stef's antics on 4th down, he's one of the most successful in the league at it.   

Now may I direct you to the KC Bungle game where Da Bungles went for it on 4th and long and only converted because Chase made a great catch downfield when Burrow threw him the ball into double coverage? A play that had a 10% chance (at best) of being successful?  

On 1/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, Orion said:

Tell that to Tour.  :(

And others... As I always say "I'm running out of wait till next years"... fast....   

• Upvote 1