THE BROWNS BOARD

22$ at Mickey D's

Westside Steve

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/mcdonalds-president-who-made-dollar74-million-last-year-says-proposal-to-pay-fast-food-workers-dollar22-an-hour-is-costly-and-job-destroying/ar-AA16Mc7D?ocid=a2hs&li=BBnb7Kz

Well sure it is.  Partially because there are very few people that could do the job of the president of a corporation the size of McDonald's versus the number of people who could do a job at McDonald's (which is just about anybody with opposable thumbs.)

One step down the ladder from school teachers.

And who knows? Maybe those aren't all that necessary either.

WSS 

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/mcdonalds-president-who-made-dollar74-million-last-year-says-proposal-to-pay-fast-food-workers-dollar22-an-hour-is-costly-and-job-destroying/ar-AA16Mc7D?ocid=a2hs&li=BBnb7Kz

Well sure it is.  Partially because there are very few people that could do the job of the president of a corporation the size of McDonald's versus the number of people who could do a job at McDonald's (which is just about anybody with opposable thumbs.)

One step down the ladder from school teachers.

And who knows? Maybe those aren't all that necessary either.

WSS 

- Licking the boots of billionaires

- Being anti education

bark doggy, bark

don't worry, they'll invent another culture war issue to distract you

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

- Being anti education

bark doggy, bark

Not anti education at all. Anti useless education. Anti feeling superior about yourself because you've learned more useless shit  and now you're angry at somebody that makes more money than you do. Another example would be the reason we are all together here. Professional athletes can do something that very few other people can do. That's why they make more money. And many of them can't read or write.

Let's just say that I don't believe you'd be happy if you and a custodian made the same salary.

WSS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

- Being anti education

bark doggy, bark

Look who’s drunk posting again, are you and Larry bending elbows together?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not anti education at all. Anti useless education. Anti feeling superior about yourself because you've learned more useless shit  and now you're angry at somebody that makes more money than you do. Another example would be the reason we are all together here. Professional athletes can do something that very few other people can do. That's why they make more money. And many of them can't read or write.

Let's just say that I don't believe you'd be happy if you and a custodian made the same salary.

WSS

There were custodians at the Parma Chevy Plant who made close to 100g working over time.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

There were custodians at the Parma Chevy Plant who made close to 100g working over time.

The Custodians at Lincoln Electric make good dough too...

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Absolutely. When I was younger I worked at CF for a very short period of time as one of the janitor staff. Not Union we made minimum wage $2.65. There are 1 guy who was a Union guy made real Union money, really nice guy but the laziest motherfucker I ever met. Worse than me if you can believe it. 

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Absolutely. When I was younger I worked at CF for a very short period of time as one of the janitor staff. Not Union we made minimum wage $2.65. There are 1 guy who was a Union guy made real Union money, really nice guy but the laziest motherfucker I ever met. Worse than me if you can believe it. 

WSS

What year was that?

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What year was that?

😄😄😄

Early seventies. But relative to average pay the guys that worked on the dock and were Union members were making like 30 bucks an hour.

At the time I think  They got time and a half for Sunday and 3 times that for holidays.

Every Union duck worker was there Easter Sunday  And not a single truck came or went. Pretty funny

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

😄😄😄

Early seventies. But relative to average pay the guys that worked on the dock and were Union members were making like 30 bucks an hour.

At the time I think  They got time and a half for Sunday and 3 times that for holidays.

Every Union duck worker was there Easter Sunday  And not a single truck came or went. Pretty funny

WSS

Fyi, $2.65 in 1972, what you said was minimum wage, is equivalent to $19.14 today according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fyi, $2.65 in 1972, what you said was minimum wage, is equivalent to $19.14 today according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. 

I may have misspoken 265 was the min wage in 1978.

'71 -'72  Looks like it was 2 bucks.

And look at the spread between minimum wage and the Union dock workers.

WSS

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Don't get me started there Steve...  I put in a short stint at Republic Steel.. My Mom's cousin as a crane operator there was pulling down more dough than our Plant Manager next door at Reilly Chemical....   

14 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Look who’s drunk posting again, are you and Larry bending elbows together?

I'd expect nothing less from the right wing echo chamber that can't back off from insults and ad hominum attacks... It's what you guys do here...   Even when I try to be 1\2 civil.... 

Hey, Trump looks like he's traded in his spray on tan for A-1 sauce at his rallies lately, in case you haven't noticed.  :D   Yeah- I do keep track of Demented, or is it Delusional Don for kicks and giggles.  Still drinking his Kool-Aid?  :P 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:32 PM, hoorta said:

Well, when you have to pay your employees $15 bucks an hour welcome to $5 buck Big Macs.   It is what it is.... 

Oh well I'll wait, an  incompetent fucker is lazy and incompetent whether he or she is getting 5 10 15 or 50 bucks an hour. Same deal with the conscientious employee. 

Automation will take over.  Young people would rather sit on their ass anyway.

WSS

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh well I'll wait a incompetent fucker is lazy and a competent whether he or she is getting 5 10 15 or 50 bucks an hour. Same deal with the conscientious employee. 

WSS

Old man yells at cloud

Original 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Some perspective

The minimum wage you made earlier in your life is equivalent to a $15 minimum wage now....

I know your memory starts to go as you age but a little perspective around inflation (and hypocrisy) can't hurt 

So mid seventies instead of early seventies. Sorry. But  It probably underscores my point by mentioning that I got fired for sleeping on the job. 

But despite your petty insults, which seems to be all you have these days, I repeat, I don't think there should even be a minimum wage. Sooner or later we'll automate the jobs that monkeys can do.  And you're the guy that pretends that having education makes you a better human being I did point out that the dark workers were making 30 bucks an hour compared to that 2.65.. I doubt that a lot of of those guys could read.  And again I don't think we need a minimum wage at all, so there.  I guess people really can get used to living at a substitute level. I know quite a few that do.

Living in bubbles submitting to government control  Sitting around for days at a time in a dirty bathrobes while working from home, if working at all, not socializing with other human beings except when you go out rioting and looting… Cite  whatever dystopian science fiction you care to.

It honestly doesn't look to me like society is getting better. But you will get your wish soon enough I'd be surprised if I have more than 10 or so years to go.

WSS

On 1/31/2023 at 12:04 AM, Westside Steve said:

Oh well I'll wait a incompetent fucker is lazy and a competent whether he or she is getting 5 10 15 or 50 bucks an hour. Same deal with the conscientious employee. 

WSS

Steve, I think what Woody is referring to is the fact that, compared to your generation, Millennials and GenZ's money has much less purchasing power:

Comparing the costs of generations

Simply speaking, the Boomer generation grew up in a rare moment in history where their dollar's purchasing power was relatively high and the cost of goods was relatively low. It's not necessarily that Millennials/GenX are lazier than previous generations, it's that due to the dollar's diminished purchasing power and much more inflated prices for things such as housing, higher education, fuel, etc, we have to work twice as hard to get half as much. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Steve, I think what Woody is referring to is the fact that, compared to your generation, Millennials and GenZ's money has much less purchasing power:

Simply speaking, the Boomer generation grew up in a rare moment in history where their dollar's purchasing power was relatively high and the cost of goods was relatively low. It's not necessarily that Millennials/GenX are lazier than previous generations, it's that due to the dollar's diminished purchasing power and much more inflated prices for things such as housing, higher education, fuel, etc, we have to work twice as hard to get half as much. 

2022-06-17_173251.thumb.jpg.01168bb9c8825ca16dc494bdca13667a.jpg

On 2/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, jbluhm86 said:

Exactly. But they'll never actually admit it or even try to look into it. 

They pulled themselves up by their bootstraps! They're real American men! Everything today is bad and wrong and it's the fault of people that don't look like them or believe in the same things as them!

And we're left to pick up the pieces

I was hired by Winn Dixie (Grocery chain) in 1973 for $1.85 an hr. That apparently translates to $12.37 an hr today. https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1973?amount=1.85

I had no Social Security card when they hired me. They couldn't pay me without one..  I had to apply for one via snail mail as was the sign of the times. It took 6 weeks to acquire one. The management of the store I worked at couldn't believe that I kept coming back and working week after week without pay.....

After 6 weeks I got my SS card and I received 6 checks worth $35-$40 each.. All at once!! I thought I was Daddy Effin Warbucks.. 🤣 I worked for 6 weeks for nothing based upon a promise.  That was the work ethic installed in me growing up.. I don't see anything resembling that in today's youth. I haven't seen it in a long time and I say that as a man that owned multiple businesses over the last 30 yrs..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

I don't see anything resembling that in today's youth

maybe i got lucky I am not sure if i was a good parent or not but both of my boys in their early 20's have careers and are kicking ass , as most of their friends  so do not group them all together

35 minutes ago, syd said:

maybe i got lucky I am not sure if i was a good parent or not but both of my boys in their early 20's have careers and are kicking ass , as most of their friends  so do not group them all together

Quiet now. It is easier to just blame all the younger generation for everything that is wrong. 

No way the boomers will turn the mirror on themselves... that's for damn sure. 

• Haha 1