THE BROWNS BOARD

Woody serious question

Westside Steve

I don't have any particular knowledge of science or engineering or any of that shit but I think one of the watershed moments in technology has been the development of LED lighting. I've worked with professional lighting systems, credit on stage not behind the board, for a long long time had remembered the days of 1000 watt park cans all across the front and back. We had to carry our own power split to run the 60 cans we took to the shows. Granted not everyone was a 1000 W but even the 5 hundreds produced enough heat to bake Panera Bread for a month. And the fuckers weighed a ton. Haha Now at LED system produces more vibrant colors brighter lights at a tiny fraction of the power consumption. Add no heed.A real game changer. I'm sure people are working on this but I wonder what other uses for electricity in the super efficient creation of heat and electric motors is on the horizon. How cool would it be if you could produce like 50 times more power with the same amount of electricity like you can ligh?

WSS

On 2/13/2023 at 7:40 PM, Westside Steve said:

I don't have any particular knowledge of science or engineering or any of that shit but I think one of the watershed moments in technology has been the development of LED lighting. I've worked with professional lighting systems, credit on stage not behind the board, for a long long time had remembered the days of 1000 watt park cans all across the front and back. We had to carry our own power split to run the 60 cans we took to the shows. Granted not everyone was a 1000 W but even the 5 hundreds produced enough heat to bake Panera Bread for a month. And the fuckers weighed a ton. Haha Now at LED system produces more vibrant colors brighter lights at a tiny fraction of the power consumption. Add no heed.A real game changer. I'm sure people are working on this but I wonder what other uses for electricity in the super efficient creation of heat and electric motors is on the horizon. How cool would it be if you could produce like 50 times more power with the same amount of electricity like you can ligh?

WSS

Hi Steve,

I did a lot of "old style" electrical stuff and not much LED stuff outside of flashlights and simple lighting.   I'm busy right now but will get back with you later if you want.

I can tell you that the LED technology is really fantastic and a great power saver especially in lighting.  Catch up with you later,  mjp.