THE BROWNS BOARD

Road Rage

Westside Steve

Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

WSS

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Yes. I think after all the lockdowns, people came out of it a bit edgy (understandable) and it does seem society is ruder in general. 

• Thanks 1

Actually, it does ! Just today we were driving around, some nut passed us, in the left lane, we were in the right lane, then cut in front of us, hit his brakes, and turned right with no signal. No reason, nobody was behind us.  We were driving around the Hocking HIlls area, checking our state parks for fishing and camping possibilities, and people were driving aggressively, anytime there was much traffic. And speeding, we were doing 75 in a 70, and here and there, got passed like we were doing 20 in a school zone. There's angry people out there, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit.

WSS

Some of us want to seriously break the law ;)

On 2/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, Bob806 said:

Yes. I think after all the lockdowns, people came out of it a bit edgy (understandable) and it does seem society is ruder in general. 

Nah, I think it's always been like that. You're just noticing it more. Which is why I've never been a people person. Probably never will be. 

On 2/15/2023 at 12:54 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Neo said:

Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Well that is an interesting take. For myself I've resisted any kind of quarantine over Covid panic so the Isolation factor hasn't been that much of a problem. But I think societal acceptance of isolation is becoming more and more prevalent and probably will keep growing as time goes by and more and more public venues and servicesstart to go to delivery et cetera.

But I'm not picking on you I have plenty of friends who were very close in high school and young adulthood that absolutely never associate with anyone anymore unless they have to. Different strokes I suppose.

But it still seems to me there's a lot more blowing of the horn and getting the engine overthangs that are completely normal driving situations.

If someone is going slower than I would like to go I don't become enraged, I just assume they are looking for something like I might have done it some other time,

WSS

On 2/15/2023 at 12:54 PM, Westside Steve said:

Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

WSS

You may have not been wearing a mask.lol

Next time check and see if the asshole driver was wearing a mask. lol

Seriously though, I don't feel there are any more or less a-hole drivers out there. Sometimes I run into one (not literally lol), most of the times I don't.

I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

On 2/15/2023 at 2:02 PM, calfoxwc said:

Actually, it does ! Just today we were driving around, some nut passed us, in the left lane, we were in the right lane, then cut in front of us, hit his brakes, and turned right with no signal. No reason, nobody was behind us.  We were driving around the Hocking HIlls area, checking our state parks for fishing and camping possibilities, and people were driving aggressively, anytime there was much traffic. And speeding, we were doing 75 in a 70, and here and there, got passed like we were doing 20 in a school zone. There's angry people out there, for whatever reason.

Great area... Went there last summer... Id say also make a trip to Letchworth St Park in West central NY.

9 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Also, stay in the fast lane with both hands on the wheel.  Go about 10 mph under the speed limit.

I don't do that.  The left lane is for passing.  If I am not passing anybody I have no need to drive the left lane.

8 hours ago, Neo said:

I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

Oil is too thick to work with a weak pump.  Use ink.  It will spray just fine.

But rather than up on your deck lid, mount it under the rear bumper. That way it looks like road spray of some sort.   I never did that of course.

I did help a buddy when in college rig up the same deal in to his glove box that dispensed Whiskey. Tasted like crap until we figured out what type of tubing to use.

19 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Oil is too thick to work with a weak pump.  Use ink.  It will spray just fine.

But rather than up on your deck lid, mount it under the rear bumper. That way it looks like road spray of some sort.   I never did that of course.

I did help a buddy when in college rig up the same deal in to his glove box that dispensed Whiskey. Tasted like crap until we figured out what type of tubing to use.

I'm not actually going to do it, I thought about it. I wouldn't use ink, I would use something clear that looks like water. Black Magic tire shine. I used to have a car with a vinyl top that I would use the Black Magic on. I learned the hard way, you get that shit on your windows, it WILL NOT COME OFF. Even if you clean the window, it will look clean, but it smears badly. It like permanently stains the window. I tried everything under the sun to get it off, Windex, rubbing alchohol, acetone, mineral spirits, you name it I tried it. And it never came off. That is, if the formula is still the same. It may have changed after all these years.