THE BROWNS BOARD

Alternate or throwback helmet this season

Korsou Dawg

1 hour ago, syd said:

that would be weird 

I think weird, or 'different' is what the NFL wants now.  Which is right up Haslem's alley, New & Improved.

I could actually live with that as an alternate helmet.  It still looks traditional and understated.   But that's because I always liked the elf.  There will be lots of people who hate the elf and will hate that design.  Basically it's because they're not secure in their own skin and the elf makes them feel insecure.  :)  

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The Cleveland Browns wear an orange helmet with a white stripe and black piping. It is practically our logo. Any other helmet simply isn't a Browns' helmet, and that's a hill I will comfortably die on. 

Black piping?

That's brown, sir. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Black piping?

That's brown, sir. 

It's got an Animal House vibe to it.  Those things will look pink if you're drinking the right stuff. Like a former Faber College history buff once said "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" 

• Haha 1

I love the all-white a lot minus the stupid elf in Dutchs pic.

The less brown and orange the better..all white makes the brown orange combo look good actually.

The experiment with trying to make that combination look good is over. 

d0a63d07-a701-4d1c-9a84-580bda8f7952_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.7ab237a926768ba7039e67f8d4de47bb.jpg

Having said that, why the fuck must our brown always be a dark poop brown?

For our home (or away) unis, how about a light brown? The shade in the bottom left for example. Embellishing the afore mentioned light brown with black stripes would look awesome... except that black is not part of the Browns color scheme, so use the darkest brown hue that exists.

The all-brown unis this team has worn makes us look like a bunch of turds running around the field.

1200px-Color_icon_brown_v2_svg.thumb.png.0e44977db125a2cdf119c611b6dd840d.png

I like the white helmet.

We did wear white helmets before we wore orange.

I'll bet that sometime in the mid 50's somebody  cussed the idea of an orange helmet.  Most people don't seem to know or remember we have been dicking around with the color brown used for a good while.  Seal Brown is the original color, but we haven't used that sine maybe when Leroy Kelly retired.

I bought a Jim Brown authentic jersey last year. Well, authentic except that Jim Brown never had his name on the jersey.  I bought it for the color as much as the #32.

I am not a big jersey guy.  I bought a Courtney brown jersey back in the day.  That didn't work out.  My son finally talked me in to getting another, and i ended up getting a Mayfield jersey.  LOL...that was a Gomez move.  Ladt year I went to the team shop with my son again.  I told him I was getting a Lou Groza 76, Gene Hickerson 66, or Jim Brown 32.  

The "32" was the only one in the size and color I desired.  No more screwing around.  $230 later it was mine.  Boom!!  I am done with jerseys.  Well, I will be going to a Preds hockey game in Nashville later in the month.  They have a pretty cool looking jersey.  I may get one, but it won't be the expensive model.

Big time in Nashville that weekend.  The Opry on Friday night, Preds on Saturday afternoon, then who knows what that night on Broadway?   Seriously, Nashville is a great visit if you have never been.  I don't care if you hate country music, you will like it that weekend.  There must be 15,000 great guitar pickers in that town who can never make it out of the honky tonk bars. Also, good looking women with cowboy hats, tight jeans and cowboy boots is an intoxicating look.  Just like there are actors in NYC and LA, there are string pickers in Nashville.  Music City indeed.  I mention this because I know we have several guitar players on the board.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

There must be 15,000 great guitar pickers in that town

Nope.  There's thirteen hundred and fifty two guitar pickers in Nashville.

And any one that unpacks 'is guitar could play Twice as better than I will :)  

NFL jerseys are a bad investment.  Ya can't even wash your car with 'em when the player washes out.  (I've got a fancy #32 also)

32 minutes ago, Orion said:

Nope.  There's thirteen hundred and fifty two guitar pickers in Nashville.

And any one that unpacks 'is guitar could play Twice as better than I will :)  

NFL jerseys are a bad investment.  Ya can't even wash your car with 'em when the player washes out.  (I've got a fancy #32 also)

You got me my friend.  I should have said that.    I was that northern kid who listened to country as Sebastian sang in the song.  A few years back my wife and I had tickets to see John Sebastian at a fairly small but great venue called Song Birds here in Chattanooga. Seated maybe 600 people.  It was nice.  You are a guitar player.   Look up songbirds.  I think you would like the vault tour.  At any rate, Covid hit, things got cancelled and that was that.  I had tickets to see sebastiand and Jr. Brown..you can look him up.  Great players played there.  Still do, but I was bummed when that was cancelled.

Got to do it here...great song, and maybe a bit true, though today it might be more than 1352  "cats" in Nashville.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ballpeen said:

You got me my friend. 

I used to like Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind.        - and now I'm off to rehearsal.  :)

Well, at rehearsal last night...all 1,352 Nashville guitar picker's mothers coulda' played twice as better as I did.  :)  A New York tourist asks a cabbie how to get to Carnegie Hall, and the cabbie said, Practice maaan, practice.

I'll get internet bullied by cyber thugs for this but here goes, I hope they change the entire uniform to something modern. 

#reversethecurse 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'll get internet bullied by cyber thugs for this but here goes, I hope they change the entire uniform to something modern. 

#reversethecurse 

The good news is most of the cyber thugs are hibernating like Bears since our recent tendency to win 1 playoff game every 25 years or so has reminded them they can sleep in.  That's all we need is a bunch of cocky Rip Van Winkles running around here if we ever shock the world and buck trend.

Your idea isn't awful.  I don't know if I can part with the orange helmets personally; but the white throwback helmet with the Brownie the Elf logo on the sides would bring us a blend of old and new I could live with. 

A lot of younger fans don't understand Brownie the Elf; but it was a very popular logo back in 1946 when this team started and made it to the Championship Title Game the 1st 10 years it existed.    When this team wins, the adopted tradition during the era gets embraced by our fans.  For example, the Dawg Pound.  We love that; but the frequency of last place finishes and horrible FOs since 1999 has chased a lot of it away.  New millennials look at fans barking or wearing clothing with an elf logo on it like there's a lot of Cleveland Browns fans on acid.  It's not much different than us looking at them like whatever happened to please, thank you or holding the door open for others?  It's whatever is prevalent with the era and/or winning.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

Oh yeah?!  Let's step outside.  :) 

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 8:07 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Black piping?

That's brown, sir. 

I stand corrected! Never seen a uniform up close unfortunately, and in pictures the piping always looks black to me. 

Always wondered why the Browns didn't have any brown on their uniform...

doh-homer-simpson.png

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 10:46 PM, D Bone said:

#reversethecurse 

OMG, you homos are never done with the uniforms.

Uniforms look fine. When we win more in them, they will look amazing.

Z

• Thanks 2