THE BROWNS BOARD

Compensatory Picks

ballpeen

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Whooptie -Poo!!!... Maybe they'll get another Anthony Schwartz!

Speaking of draft picks...

Texans lose a draft pick & some loot $.. https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-texans-lose-fifth-round-nfl-draft-pick-fined-salary-cap-violation-deshaun-watson

but who's to worry about the Texans paying off 30 women?

One of the 30 women already had filed a civil suit against the Texans in June, accusing the team of "enabling Watson's behavior." Buzbee said that case is among those being settled.

Texans,  

"We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021," Texans owners Janice McNair, Hannah and Cal McNair said in a statement Friday. "Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson's alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct.

"We hope that today's resolution will provide some form of closure to the parties involved, our fans and the Houston community at large. As an organization, we will now turn our focus to the future and doing what we can to ensure respect for all."

nothing shady was going on here ;)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Whooptie -Poo!!!... Maybe they'll get another Anthony Schwartz!

Then again, maybe not?  I suppose having some chance to select a decent player is better than having no chance to select a player.

14 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Then again, maybe not?  I suppose having some chance to select a decent player is better than having no chance to select a player.

I have 0 faith in Berry.. He's a DUD!

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have 0 faith in Berry.. He's a DUD!

I disagree, but that doesn't mean you are wrong.  Well, maybe it does...lol.  

Seriously, who knows.  I'd still rather have the pick.

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Speaking of draft picks...

Texans lose a draft pick & some loot $.. https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-texans-lose-fifth-round-nfl-draft-pick-fined-salary-cap-violation-deshaun-watson

but who's to worry about the Texans paying off 30 women?

One of the 30 women already had filed a civil suit against the Texans in June, accusing the team of "enabling Watson's behavior." Buzbee said that case is among those being settled.

Texans,  

"We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021," Texans owners Janice McNair, Hannah and Cal McNair said in a statement Friday. "Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson's alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct.

"We hope that today's resolution will provide some form of closure to the parties involved, our fans and the Houston community at large. As an organization, we will now turn our focus to the future and doing what we can to ensure respect for all."

nothing shady was going on here ;)

Yep, selective "enforcement" by Roger as usual. I'm still pissed about this.

Its not that the Browns should get these 3 #1s back, but if I'm the commissioner, they disappear from Houston as well. 

$175000 & a FIFTH ROUNDER. WTF, the NFL hates CLE.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yep, selective "enforcement" by Roger as usual. I'm still pissed about this.

Its not that the Browns should get these 3 #1s back, but if I'm the commissioner, they disappear from Houston as well. 

$175000 & a FIFTH ROUNDER. WTF, the NFL hates CLE.

Do you know what Roger does when he's trying to promote/sell the NFL to viewing audiences in other countries (to strengthen the shared revenue from the NFL Ticket Packages that are widening their customer base)?   He keeps the Cleveland Browns as far away from playing in other countries as he can unless he could send them to North Korea or Russia.  That's what he thinks of the Cleveland Browns Bob...  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Do you know what Roger does when he's trying to promote/sell the NFL to viewing audiences in other countries (to strengthen the shared revenue from the NFL Ticket Packages that are widening their customer base)?   He keeps the Cleveland Browns as far away from playing in other countries as he can unless he could send them to North Korea or Russia.  That's what he thinks of the Cleveland Browns Bob...  

No argument there from me.

I swear there's an edict against CLE in the offices of the NFL. 

"We gave em their team back, that's all they will ever get"

• Upvote 1