THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie on the mend - Browns too?

On 3/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, calfoxwc said:

That will never change you betcha.

I know about the technology,  because it happened to my Wife. She played field hockey, basketball, softball back in the day (yeah, it's funny, I was never allowed to play sports) - and 5? years ago - she didn't feel right - took her to the local emergency, they stabilized her heart - and said I did a great job getting her there - but they were sending her to the main hospital in an ambulance. They said it was a mild heart attack - women tend to not feet pain like men do during an attack.

That was on a Friday night, and they determined she had a bad valve in her heart - born with it, but it only became a problem after we were retired. She had emergency surgery about 5 days later - on a Wed. They did a lot of testing, sat with us explaining it all, and assembled a top team that quickly - and that team had several emergency meetings to discuss the best approaches to the surgery, and coordinating everything about the surgery. . The surgeon was one of the top surgeons you could find anywhere. She has been in outstanding health all this time after. Thank God for every one of those folks.

It is amazing, indeed. Chain of miracles

On 3/20/2023 at 6:15 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Just out of curiosity how was it routine?? Did your MD hear something he thought might need a heart cath or was it an age thing or something? I had an MD who just wanted to get a good heart scan even though I'm a 6-7 times a week racquetball player. He did so just because I was 75 (turning 76 tomorrow). Results showed exactly what I expected. 45+ years of racquetball (15 mile daily bicycle rides recovering from MM tear in the knee) pays off with totally clear heart everything. Genes of 4 grandparents living from 86-98 years has even more to do with it though IMO.

For 6 years I experienced some shortness of breath. I attribited it to my weight and arterial fibrillation.

I would lose 20 pounds, gain stamina and then go back to eating. I had a really bad bout that stopped me from going on a cruise. walking out of the car to the shuttle made me have to sit down, 20 minutes to regain my.breath.Never had that.

Doc.did a chest X ray, put me on a diuretic, I felt better, but he sent me tonthe cardio guy for a 2D echo. Cardio guy added a ct scan and stress test.

Stress test showed some irregularity but nothing serious. Suggested a heart cath within the next year.

Since I was scheduled.for an ablation to fix the afib, we decided to keep the appointment and do a heart cath and look around.

Boom, 90%+ of my main aorta. No narrowing anywhere else. Dad had the same thing and he ate 95% garden vegetables and canned goods.

Once the heart cath guy saw the blockage, they scheduled me.for an immediate bypass.

I look like Frankenstien, but am feeling like a new man.

How I didn't have a heart attack truly, only God knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, syd said:

hey ghoul bet you didnt think that this going   this way

Fuck no, here I am planning on watching a lesbian zombie that night, and Boom, "Ghoolies fucked up", lmao.

I had no apprehension at all. Didn't worry me at all. O know God and his kid..If I died I would be with them, I not, I would be with my wife..Either way, I win.

Don't mistake my faith for hypocrisy. I think you are more likely to find God  in a whorehouse than in some fucktard husky whispering church, and I am the last guy to smash people with the Bible, I have too.much of my own shit. in the end, though, I know God, I know his son, and that's enough.

Fear not. I am happy.I got tested, because honestly, I think I am in good hands.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

For 6 years I experienced some shortness of breath. I attribited it to my weight and arterial fibrillation.

I would lose 20 pounds, gain stamina and then go back to eating. I had a really bad bout that stopped me from going on a cruise. walking out of the car to the shuttle made me have to sit down, 20 minutes to regain my.breath.Never had that.

Doc.did a chest X ray, put me on a diuretic, I felt better, but he sent me tonthe cardio guy for a 2D echo. Cardio guy added a ct scan and stress test.

Stress test showed some irregularity but nothing serious. Suggested a heart cath within the next year.

Since I was scheduled.for an ablation to fix the afib, we decided to keep the appointment and do a heart cath and look around.

Boom, 90%+ of my main aorta. No narrowing anywhere else. Dad had the same thing and he ate 95% garden vegetables and canned goods.

Once the heart cath guy saw the blockage, they scheduled me.for an immediate bypass.

Well thank God you paid attention to advice. You were a dead man walking which is why they wanted an immediate by-pass. I wish they had done the same for my Dad who needed a triple by-pass. They had him scheduled for a Thursday, called him early in the week to postpone it a week and he died of a major heart attack on the weekend in between. Like you however he is in good hands and now with my Mom who died of Alzheimer's some 12 years later.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

A musician friend of mine here in Cleveland is going through some unusual heart issues. You may even know him.

Unlike your situation, how he didn't have a heart attack can be explained.

Having occasional spells of weakness after physical exertion, he decided to get it checked out.  Turns out he had 100% blockage on the right side of the heart. An attempt to clear the blockage failed.

Unlike the left side, blockage on the right side is not critical, so believe it or not they let him go home. His left side was healthy. 

He is scheduled for consultation next week to discuss his options going forward. 

What i never knew is that the heart is capable of growing new arteries. Such was the case with him. His heart grew new arteries to compensate for the blocked one. Obviously, the new arteries are not as efficient as the original due the spells of fatigue he continued to experience.

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

A musician friend of mine here in Cleveland is going through some unusual heart issues. You may even know him.

hey ghoul I know this guy in cleveland that play's the drums and he went to the doctor's also, I bet you may know him 

2 hours ago, syd said:

hey ghoul I know this guy in cleveland that play's the drums and he went to the doctor's also, I bet you may know him 

2 hours ago, syd said:

you have a friend ? really ? a miserable pos like you? go figure 

2 hours ago, syd said:

Hey Ghoul you gotta keep an eye on this one (gorka) he is just using you as  he  is just trying  to make nickers jealous 

Your wit is devastating. You've rendered me speechless.

3 hours ago, syd said:

well you are a miserable pos is it any wonder that you and nickers are a thing ? 

Awww Jealous?... Let's have Menage E'trois!

On 3/24/2023 at 8:20 AM, FY56 said:

Unlike your situation, how he didn't have a heart attack can be explained.

Having occasional spells of weakness after physical exertion, he decided to get it checked out.  Turns out he had 100% blockage on the right side of the heart. An attempt to clear the blockage failed.

Unlike the left side, blockage on the right side is not critical, so believe it or not they let him go home. His left side was healthy. 

He is scheduled for consultation next week to discuss his options going forward. 

What i never knew is that the heart is capable of growing new arteries. Such was the case with him. His heart grew new arteries to compensate for the blocked one. Obviously, the new arteries are not as efficient as the original due the spells of fatigue he continued to experience.

My right side, and really all of my cardiac vasculature is healthy. I just had a big goober blocking my left side.

6 weeks behind me now. I am trying to decide between a Harley and a Benedetto archtop guitar. 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:27 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Well thank God you paid attention to advice. You were a dead man walking which is why they wanted an immediate by-pass. I wish they had done the same for my Dad who needed a triple by-pass. They had him scheduled for a Thursday, called him early in the week to postpone it a week and he died of a major heart attack on the weekend in between. Like you however he is in good hands and now with my Mom who died of Alzheimer's some 12 years later.

I am very sorry for your losses. It doesn't really matter how long ago we lost our parents. It leaves a hole in us.

Jesus, the times we remember, and this football team. It never ceases to amaze me at how similar our stories are.

God bless us all. Here is hoping we get to see a Browns SB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am very sorry for your losses. It doesn't really matter how long ago we lost our parents. It leaves a hole in us.

Jesus, the times we remember, and this football team. It never ceases to amaze me at how similar our stories are.

God bless us all. Here is hoping we get to see a Browns SB.

both my folks dead  fuck it