THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslams committing to renovate Browns Stadium

Canton Dawg

This is kind of a surprise.

When their report came back recently describing First Energy as a poorly-designed, poorly-built stadium that wasn't worth the money it would take to renovate it, I figured the new dome stadium fight was just beginning. 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is kind of a surprise.

When their report came back recently describing First Energy as a poorly-designed, poorly-built stadium that wasn't worth the money it would take to renovate it, I figured the new dome stadium fight was just beginning. 

the waterfront look's to me like prime real estate (or am i missing something ?) that you could surround the stadium shopping condos marijuana dispensaries (or is weed still a no no in Ohio)

40 minutes ago, syd said:

the waterfront look's to me like prime real estate (or am i missing something ?) that you could surround the stadium shopping condos marijuana dispensaries (or is weed still a no no in Ohio)

I know of a weed dispensary south of Canton that is being built right now. 

I kind of figured the Haslams would sell the valuable real estate that the stadium sits on to help pay for a new stadium somewhere else, but apparently not.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

They're talking about moving a highway.  Then doing the waterfront.  Then the stadium.

It would be nice if they FINALLY built a thriving lakefront scene. 

We'll see. I won't be shocked if this isn't how it ends up, because I still don't get the impression the Haslams particularily like First Energy.

39 minutes ago, Orion said:

They're talking about moving a highway.  Then doing the waterfront.  Then the stadium.

They should develop and renovate that area by MLK and the old Army barracks and build a whole Sports and entertainment complex... Theres land there sitting there doing nothing... But then I remember Dem-Asses run the city of Cleveland...

EDIT: They should get someone like Terry Coyne involved.. He gets shit done!

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watson is probably the type of deviant that would brag about his mother's tits to a group of strangers on a message board 

We can only hope that he's not a social media guy.   (or is he?  I don't know the answer)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watson is probably the type of deviant that would brag about his mother's tits to a group of strangers on a message board 

Now I'll have to go find a pic of his mother.

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:06 AM, Kvoethe said:

Adding more massage tables?

nah, I think they will add one special massage room just for watson -  with the haslams as the massotherapists...if the Browns win.

just...still disgusted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors are that sometime this week the Browns and the city will reveal that they plan on tearing down Cleveland Browns Stadium completely, rebuiding a new stadium on the site, and the Browns will play their home games elsewhere during.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/new_reported_stadium_plans_could_have_browns_playing_elsewhere_for_multiple_seasons/s1_16697_38708724?fbclid=IwAR1pmd5P9KMjos0fwQFrJnBAYC6N2RQ2uo9rz394ZencPxc9SHXdMzU3dcQ

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

They're all over the place on this aren't they?   It's the Haslem way.  Whomever had their ear last....

I never really believed that the Haslams had any interest in renovating the existing stadium the second their report came out describing CBS as a hastily built stadium that was built on the cheap.

That's owner speak for: "You homeys better cough up some serious money because this dump ain't gonna cut it, yo."

• Like 1

Did anyone else constantly check in on that stadium cam when the stadium was being built?  I sure did.  It was my 'fix' to hold me over during 'no Browns'.   I didn't even watch much football during that time.  I didn't have a dog in the race.  

I hope they build a new stadium with a retractable roof.  With a special sealed off section where, during winter weather games the roof can be closed but that 'special section' can have cold sideways rain / snow pumped in for the lumberjacks that enjoy that weather.  :)     

...and let there be Brownie Elf statues constructed here and there throughout the grounds.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vambo said:

I'm not happy about a Columbus idea. I'd cancel my season tickets for sure.

3 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm not happy about a Columbus idea. I'd cancel my season tickets for sure.

Where would you suggest that they play while a new complex is being built?

49 minutes ago, Orion said:

Triple the price and bring back the throwback unis in Canton. Won't have to get rid of the dog masks either, just the f'n Elf.😉

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Akron or Canton. 

Two hours to Columbus, sorry it's just not appealing.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Triple the price and bring back the throwback unis in Canton. Won't have to get rid of the dog masks either, just the f'n Elf.😉

Fawcett stadium in Canton where the HOF is would make absolute sense...