THE BROWNS BOARD

💕 ▪︎ GUARDIANS 2023 ★ FIRST HALF ★ 4/1/23 to 7/13/23 ♥︎ ■ NOW unlocked .... to look back.

mjp28

6 hours ago, Brownsfan92 said:

I'll gladly take a 5-5 record over the next three series.  Boston could be a 2-1 series as long as they don't try to slug with them 😁   I'll take a 6-4.    :D

Game 56 - Game  1 - 7:40. CLE in MIN - Pitchers -  Bibee versus López  ■  CLE 6   MIN 3   top 8,  keep it going. 

Game 57 - Game  2 - 8:10 on Apple TV - Pitchers - Civale versus Ober ..... Civale pitched a tough game through  -6- innings   but it's still  0-0.   A radio game for me, hard one to stay awake  (no Hammy,  day off).  And it continues on  -->

MIN 1  CLE 0, to top 8.  Guardians must score now with 2ABs left. 

MIN  1  6  0    CLE  0  8  0     W - Stewart    L -  Sandin     S -  Duran, and his 104 mph fastballs.    :o 

~  See you Saturday at  7:15  pm  on  FOX.    Have a good evening  everyone.   1-0  geeezzz.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎      :mellow:     ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

I know the AL Central is weak, but the Guardians should really consider the long-term and see what they can get for Shane Bieber. He's a free agent after this season, and the Gs need a power bat in the worst way, preferably at RF or 1B. 

The future of the Gs rotation is McKenzie, Quantrill, Bibee, Allen and Gavin Williams, who is at AAA. Thats not even mentioning Daniel Espino, the team's top prospect, because the kid can't stay healthy. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know the AL Central is weak, but the Guardians should really consider the long-term and see what they can get for Shane Bieber. He's a free agent after this season, and the Gs need a power bat in the worst way, preferably at RF or 1B. 

The future of the Gs rotation is McKenzie, Quantrill, Bibee, Allen and Gavin Williams, who is at AAA. Thats not even mentioning Daniel Espino, the team's top prospect, because the kid can't stay healthy. 

I think that they are thinking about that now,  remember Cy Young winners Kluber,  Lee, Sabathia who got dealt away for some good players  ?  The Indians have been great deal makers over the past years. 

.........  edit add,  I think Beiber has Cy Young potential in him, even if he gets the 4+ run support. 

~  Lost Games  1 and  2,  7-6 and 1-0  winnable games they are getting into. "must win" territory now.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>       <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎.    They need to get BACK INTO scoring mode.    -- PLAY BALL -->

Game 58 - Game  3 -7:15 on FOX - Pitchers - Allen versus Gray

Game 59 - Game  4 - 2:10  - Bally Sports TV --> ? Now McKenzie  vs  Ryan 

▪︎ --------------------- ▪︎     🌭🌭    ▪︎--------------------▪︎

CLE 4   MIN 2   bottom 9,  2 outs. Clase in.  Hey they broke up the 1 run spell, HR in the 9th.

CLE  4 12 0  ▪︎  HR 2  LOB 11     MIN  2 8 0  ▪︎  HR 1  LOB 6   ■  W Allen 3-2  L  Gray  4-1  S  Clase  18

~  See you tomorrow afternoon   at 2:10.   ~  And have a good Saturday evening.    :D

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think that they are thinking about that now,  remember Cy Young winners Kluber,  Lee, Sabathia who got dealt away for some good players  ?  The Indians have been great deal makers over the past years. 

.........  edit add,  I think Beiber has Cy Young potential in him, even if he gets the 4+ run support. 

He already won one Cy Young (abbreviated 2020 season).

Another thing to consider is the absolute glut of middle-infielders the Guardians have at AAA and the MLB level now. Amed Rosario will be gone after the season at the latest (could be traded soon) as he's a free agent after the season, and he's not in the team's future plans. Andres Gimenez is a mainstay with the team, after signing a $105 mill extension. Does he stay at second, or go back to his natural position at short? You also have Gabriel Arias, Brayan Rocchio and Tyler Freeman, all with the Guardians right now. You could try and package one of them with Bieber to get a top prospect in return.

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He already won one Cy Young (abbreviated 2020 season).

Another thing to consider is the absolute glut of middle-infielders the Guardians have at AAA and the MLB level now. Amed Rosario will be gone after the season at the latest (could be traded soon) as he's a free agent after the season, and he's not in the team's future plans. Andres Gimenez is a mainstay with the team, after signing a $105 mill extension. Does he stay at second, or go back to his natural position at short? You also have Gabriel Arias, Brayan Rocchio and Tyler Freeman, all with the Guardians right now. You could try and package one of them with Bieber to get a top prospect in return.

I honestly wasn't thinking of the 2020 season when he went 8-1.

......  edit add  ......   Oh yeah,   former Cleveland INDIANS pitcher then Cincinnati Reds Trevor Bauer *who  only went  5-4 and still    won the NL Cy Young crown .....  how about that.   Cleveland the former and current pitchers haven. And how about that too .....

Game 59 - Game  4 - 2:10  - Bally Sports TV --> ? Now McKenzie  vs  Ryan -  Need a "W" to go 2-2.

0h-0h  top 5,  pitchers on top now.    And top 6, both  0 1 0  one hitters,  how about that.     :o

Bottom 6, McKenzie out probably pitch count .... Karinchak in hit on 1st pitch, SB, 

★ CLE 1   MIN 0  top 7.  Naylor high off the wall. Gray out. High off wall 3B  CLE 2-0, woo-hoo !

★ CLE 2   MIN 1 final.  CLE 2 3 0   MIN  1 5 0  W Karinchak 2-4  3.86   L Gray 7-3   2.76  SV  Clase 19 

Attn: 26,329   *SO NICE * to win 2,  won away  q ~  OFF DAY TOMORROW  ~ BACK HOME TUES 

ALL (3) vs BOS    at 7:10 pm.    Enjoy  ♥︎   your SUNDAY  afternoon  and  MONDAY OFF.       :D

On 6/1/2023 at 3:23 PM, Brownsfan92 said:

I'll gladly take a 5-5 record over the next three series.  Boston could be a 2-1 series as long as they don't try to slug with them 😁

Oh yeah,  need a  "W"  for 2-2,  sigh, sigh.   :mellow:        (Had a real shot at 4-0,  even 3-1, two 1 run losses.)

On 6/3/2023 at 5:13 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Agreed.

It would align with how the Guardians operate.  I can see Ahmed being traded (hopefully his numbers improve to help with the haul) similar to how we traded Eddie Rosario a few years back.

Bieber should still command a good trade value.  His stats are down especially his K rate (to be fair its been going down each year) and his WHIP is the worst since he was a rookie.  With that said he would be a good addition for another club as he's still only 28.

58 minutes ago, Brownsfan92 said:

Agreed.

It would align with how the Guardians operate.  I can see Ahmed being traded (hopefully his numbers improve to help with the haul) similar to how we traded Eddie Rosario a few years back.

Bieber should still command a good trade value.  His stats are down especially his K rate (to be fair its been going down each year) and his WHIP is the worst since he was a rookie.  With that said he would be a good addition for another club as he's still only 28.

I think trading Rosario kind of needs to happen, they need to figure out who rolls with Gimenez in the middle of the infield, and who gets traded away. They realistically can't keep all these middle infielders who are currently on the Gs roster. 

I don't know if Bieber is going to command a monster haul, but they should be able to nab some legit talent for him, hopefuly someone with power.

~  AND on tonight's card !

GAME 60  Game 1  5th Place BOS (30-30)  at  2nd Place CLE (27-32).  Pitchers - Beiber  (the BBC line)  vs Paxton .

CLE 2   BOS 0.  The scoring machine is on !   End 1st. Beiber went 5.2 innings.  Innings 2 through 7 BOS 1 run.  Then 4, now 5-2. 

And then it shut OFF !   CLE 2-1 but bases loaded -0- outs. Top 8th,  Now 2-2  loaded,  still -0- outs., need a K, DP, ....  now. 

BOS  5     CLE 2,  top 8, still ..... .... Finally mid 8.  Bottom 8, at least it's not a 1 run game,  lol. HEY,  5-4  2 OUTS.

BOS 5   CLE 4,  top 9.  Play ball,  again.  Now bottom 9,  still BOS 5-4.  win or lose now

GAME 61  Game 2   BOS  versus  CLE      Good game.

CLE 5   BOS 2,  top 9.  Clase in. Now  2 outs.  BALLGAME !

CLE  5 10 2  BOS  2 5 3 ..W  Bibee  2-1  3.05 ERA.. L Crawford  1-3  3.44  ERA S CLASE  20  3.00 ERA

~ See you tomorrow at   7:10  pm.   Win this series !   Enjoy your Wednesday evening.   :D

On 6/1/2023 at 3:23 PM, Brownsfan92 said:

I'll gladly take a 5-5 record over the next three series.  Boston could be a 2-1 series as long as they don't try to slug with them 😁

1. I mean, so far so good on this 🍻.     I'll say !  Even thogh our Guardians had  "opportunities " to win a few more games ..... good finish versus BOS.   :wub:

On 6/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, syd said:

elly just got brought up yesterday and they put him in clean up

today second day this

yo  you know he is just the second player in MLB history to hit for the cycle and steal a base in the first 3 game's playing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

yo  you know he is just the second player in MLB history to hit for the cycle and steal a base in the first 3 game's playing

GAME 62  and   Game 3 tonight  ..... "and shame on you for 6 weeks "  to quote who ?  Hint a Pittsburgh Penguins great announcer  ____________ .  Give up. the great Mike Lange.  Listened to many, many of his games through the #88 Mario Lemieux 17 year dynasty.   6' 4" 230 lb BEST hockey player ever ...... he could do it all. 

CLE 8  BOS 2 bottom 8.  "And Kluber got klobbered",  lol, so much for that trade, 8 consecutive hits.  And Jose Ramirez with 3 HRs, wow.

CLE 10  BOS 3.  Series attendance 21,474  19,444  21,471.  Ave. about 20,500  :huh:

~  See you Friday  with a better crowd versus  HOU.  Have a good Thursday evening   -and-   GO GUARDIANS  !     :D

On 6/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, mjp28 said:

~  The next  (4)  big games in MIN.  Then back  HOME  (3)  more big games verses  BOS  and   (3)  verses  HOU.   <---  AND COMING UP !  ★ ★ ★

Game 56 - Game  1 - 7:40. CLE in MIN - Pitchers -  Bibee versus López 

Game 57 - Game  2 - 8:10 on Apple TV - Pitchers - Civale versus Ober

Game 58 - Game  3 -7:15 on FOX - Pitchers - Allen versus Gray

Game 59 - Game  4 - 2:10  - Balley TV - Pitchers  - ? Now McKenzie  versus  Ryan 

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>          <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎     A very big series against MIN in the AL Central.  --       -- PLAY BALL -->  

◆ And then on the road for the usual  (3) and (3) with the next  -OFF DAYS- MON 6/5 and 6/12.  -Oh the MLB  life !   :huh:

6/8 -  And  TB 4   MIN 2  * FINAL *   :D

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jose Ramirez was kind of in a slump entering the game.

Three homers and one amazing Brooks Robinson-like defensive play later.... 

Jose, Jose  -and-  maybe the Guardians might have had a breakout, turnaround game and series ...... we'll see. 

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jose Ramirez was kind of in a slump entering the game.

Three homers and one amazing Brooks Robinson-like defensive play later.... 

Jose, Jose  -and-  maybe the Guardians might have had a breakout, turnaround game and series ...... we'll see. 

~  See you Friday  with a better crowd versus  HOU.  Have a good Thursday evening   -and-   GO GUARDIANS  !     :D     The second place  HOU  (36-27) .571  -5 GB versus  CLE (29-33)  .468  -1.5 GB

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

GAME 63  Game 1 -  HOU vs CLE  at 7:10 pm.  Starting pitchers - Allen versus  Javier

GAME  64  Game 2 - HOU vs  CLE  at 6:10 pm. Pitchers- McKenzie versus  France

GAME  65  Game  3 -  HOU vs  CLE  at 1:40 pm. Pitchers  Beiber  versus Beilac (the Bei-Beis)

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>            <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

GAME 63  Game 1 -  HOU vs CLE  at 7:10 pm.  Starting pitchers - Allen versus  Javier

HOU 3   CLE 0 .... Abreu a 3R HR  top 1st. now the bottom of the 1st.

HOU 4   CLE 0 ..... CLE pitcher under fire

HOU 6   CLE 5,  bottom 8,  ... UH-OH time.  To top 9.  Get ready.

6-6  bottom  11, 2 on 1 out ....  

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

HOU 3   CLE 0 .... Abreu a 3R HR  top 1st. now the bottom of the 1st.

HOU 4   CLE 0 ..... CLE pitcher under fire

HOU 6   CLE 5,  bottom 8,  ... UH-OH time.  To top 9.  Get ready.

Entertaining game!!!  We need Bo Naylor under today…catcher position is killing us 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Entertaining game!!!  We need Bo Naylor under today…catcher position is killing us 

A hit anywhere  .... AAAARRRGGGHHHH.    12th inning. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

This game has everything 

Including a 13th inning  .... tied up 7-7.    WHEW !

Screenshot_2023-06-09_225912.jpg