THE BROWNS BOARD

$$$ The Washington Commanders sale price $6 Billion. Sound right ? No stadium ?

mjp28

So what do you think about this,  $6 Billion sale price for the Washington Commanders bad issues and all.  And Jeff Bezos is not interested at all in thw bid. And bought for a big  $800 Million  in that time in 1999.     From the NYT and other sources everywhere  .......

Dan Snyder Agrees to Sell Washington Commanders for $6 Billion

The N.F.L. team is on track to be sold to a group led by Josh Harris for a record figure, as investigations into sexual harassment claims and the team’s finances continue.

April 13, 2023Updated 2:08 p.m. ET

Josh Harris, an owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils, agreed in principle to buy the Washington Commanders for a record $6 billion from Dan Snyder, the longtime owner of the team plagued by scandals that drew investigations from the N.F.L., Congress and other government agencies.

With the end of Snyder’s tenure the N.F.L. begins to distance itself from a painful chapter in league history and right the future of the popular franchise, which under Snyder had been tarnished by accusations of a toxic workplace and unable to secure a new stadium.

The sale, first reported by Sportico, was confirmed by multiple people with knowledge of the agreement who were not authorized to speak publicly about the terms.

The agreement comes as the N.F.L. continues its second investigation into allegations of widespread sexual harassment made against executives at the team, including Snyder, as well as potential financial improprieties. Those allegations,   coupled with  Snyder’s inability to build a new stadium and a backlash from the team’s fans, had pushed many of the owners of the league’s other teams to consider voting to force him to sell the team, which he bought in 1999 for $800 million.   --- CONTINUED  --->

Crazy price, crazy situation.

I didn't follow this story as close as I could have, but this may open a can of worms- a privately owned company with shady operations has to be sold? I suppose some of this has to do with "The Shield," but wow, imagine another company with similar problems, not in the sports business. 

We live in a crazy time. Nothing's "normal" anymore.

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I didn't follow this story as close as I could have, but this may open a can of worms- a privately owned company with shady operations has to be sold? I suppose some of this has to do with "The Shield," but wow, imagine another company with similar problems, not in the sports business. 

speaking of shady First Energy  no longer has the naming rights of CBS

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, syd said:

speaking of shady First Energy  no longer has the naming rights of CBS

The best idea I've heard is for Original Mattress Factory to buy the naming rights and then we could have:

Original Mattress Factory of Sadness Stadium

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The best idea I've heard is for Original Mattress Factory to buy the naming rights and then we could have:

Original Mattress Factory of Sadness Stadium

LOL no

CBS works for me as once again next years super bowl week it will add power to my fuck vince lombarbi it should be The Paul Brown Trophy as he has two stadiums named after him and that vince should have heeded his calling of being a motivational speaker

23 minutes ago, syd said:

LOL no

CBS works for me as once again next years super bowl week it will add power to my fuck vince lombarbi it should be The Paul Brown Trophy as he has two stadiums named after him and that vince should have heeded his calling of being a motivational speaker

Not this again 😂

7 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Oh yeah Bob like the now ..... "The deal should close after all sex charges,  baby/daddy issues, and any other miscellaneous other obscenity stuff is final" .....  we hope.    :huh:

Anybody miss the old time professional sports eras ?    

• Upvote 1

This may be a blessing in disguise for Washington fans... They deserve so much more than what Dan Snyder has given them.. And I agree with Syd... (for once) on the PB Trophy... While Lombardi was a great , outstanding coach... Paul Brown was the Les Paul of Pro Football.. My analogy is .. 80-90% of the equipment and techniques used in the recording industry was invented by Les Paul himself.. I think PB fits similarly in that category as far as impacting the game... The playbook is mostly his...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/14/2023 at 4:24 AM, nickers said:

This may be a blessing in disguise for Washington fans... They deserve so much more than what Dan Snyder has given them.. And I agree with Syd... (for once) on the PB Trophy... While Lombardi was a great , outstanding coach... Paul Brown was the Les Paul of Pro Football.. My analogy is .. 80-90% of the equipment and techniques used in the recording industry was invented by Les Paul himself.. I think PB fits similarly in that category as far as impacting the game... The playbook is mostly his...

So thats what the fuck syd was trying to say!?!? Thanks for the translation. lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Nickers?  How about this one? If you can't translate perhaps Dutchboy can. He and syd speak the same language.

Oh look, the Pussy Formerly Known As Gorka wants to play again. 

But he needs his boyfriend nickers to come along, apparently. Its so scary outside the Safe Place of the Poliboard. 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, syd said:

oh no did i forget  a comma ? or a explanation point ? my god how is gorka to read ? poor fella he take's the internet so seriously 

It absolutely makes no sense, so much so that even your #1 fan/boyfriend Dutch couldn't bring himself to give you a "like" as he usually does.

1 minute ago, FY56 said:

It absolutely makes no sense, so much so that even your #1 fan/boyfriend Dutch couldn't bring himself to give you a "like" as he usually does.

you o.k gorka ? seriously as i have said before I worry about you. I mean you are a Browns fan and all, But it is just your hatred that i do not understand 

1 minute ago, FY56 said:

This literally is all you have in your life, isn't it?

HIding behind your keyboard, buddied up with nickers - the guy who lives in his mom's basement and hasn't got laid since Clinton was president.

Jesus, I almost feel bad for you.

But hey, hijack another thread, knock yourself out.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

HIding behind your keyboard, buddied up with nickers - the guy who lives in his mom's basement and hasn't got laid since Clinton was president.

Pipe down Dutchboy. 

11 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Pipe down Dutchboy. 

She gets visibly excited when her name is mentioned... A total Pipalicious!

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

She gets visibly excited when her name is mentioned... A total Pipalicious!

You have me on ignore because your snowflake feelings get hurt so easily by me, but you type real tough hiding in your mommy's basement. 🤣

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Or what? 😁

What's the Keyboard Warrior going to do? Change your handle name again?

Or you might hurt yourself.

Why don't we just calm down and revert back to the Elf  " controversy".  (quotes in bold for a reason there Dutchboy,)

So are you an elf guy, or opposed to it? 

Talk to good ol Gorka.

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You have me on ignore 

So you went ahead and responded to him. Nice move dimwit. You certainly told him. He must be reeling. LOL

BTW... Your "mammas basement" dwellers quip, although clever and original, are far more prevalent amongst your species.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

you know what is really funny ? is when you say something anti whatever on the poli board he get's all worked up when his buddies pile on. he just loves that shit.bet his keyboard get's sticky

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

Or you might hurt yourself.

So you went ahead and responded to him. Nice move dimwit. You certainly told him. He must be reeling. LOL

BTW... Your "mammas basement" dwellers quip, although clever and original, are far more prevalent amongst your species.

You do realize that despite Momma's Boy Nickers having me on ignore, you constantly quote me, thus rendering his ignore (or in nickers-speak, his "iggy") useless, right genius? 🤣

I might hurt myself? You do realize that I'm the guy who embarrassed you so bad you had to change your name and you hid on the Poliboard for months after, right? God knows, nothing you could do could hurt me 😆 But keep firing away, Keyboard Warrior. If you do it enough, you might actually trick yourself into believing you aren't a limp-wristed pussy who hides behind his keyboard. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

you know what is really funny ? is when you say something anti whatever on the poli board he get's all worked up when his buddies pile on. he just loves that shit.bet his keyboard get's sticky

His "buddy" is nickers. 🤣

I mean, Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ, it's like getting in a bar room brawl and having Flounder from 'Animal House' as your right-hand man. 😆 

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

His "buddy" is nickers. 🤣

I mean, Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ, it's like getting in a bar room brawl and having Flounder from 'Animal House' as your right-hand man. 😆 Those two pussies would faint if they actually ran into me in person, because their asses couldn't cash the checks their mouths write to save their lives, and they know it. Oh, they know it. 😂

and now wait for it.gorka will come back with how yourself and myself  and somehow woody are all best friends and hate Jesus  and our country