THE BROWNS BOARD

First Energy stadium back to Cleveland Browns Stadium

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Good.   Now can they get rid of that little football fairy on the field ?    :lol:

FWIW, I like the Elf.... 

Ironic that the Browns are dropping First Energy, but the ever cheapskate Bengals sold the naming rights of Paul Brown to Paycor.  :D 

3 hours ago, dusty said:

I like they are going back but probably short lived. Can we say "Flying J" stadium?

I think they should call it “Head & Shoulders Stadium”.

God knows how many times I’ve left there scratching my head.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, I like the Elf.... 

Ironic that the Browns are dropping First Energy, but the ever cheapskate Bengals sold the naming rights of Paul Brown to Paycor.  :D 

Just saw that the lease for that stadium expires after the 2026 season and SHOCKING there's talk of massive renovations or a new stadium for the Bengals.

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Good.   Now can they get rid of that little football fairy on the field ?    :lol:

The elf seems to be a love it, hate it thing.

The problem with the elf is that it has lost it's status as a symbol of a proud winning franchise. It disappeared in the 70's and 80's when we should have kept it around.

Had this franchise maintained a tradition deserving of respect while maintaining the Elfs presence, no one would have an issue with it.

Similar to that Notre Dame leprechaun.

To bring back that imp while not yet shedding our reputation as the NFL's laughingstock doesn't feel right.

44 minutes ago, FY56 said:

The problem with the elf is that it has lost it's status as a symbol of a proud winning franchise. It disappeared in the 70's and 80's when we should have kept it around.

Had this franchise maintained a tradition deserving of respect while maintaining the Elfs presence, no one would have an issue with it.

To bring back that imp while not yet shedding our reputation as the NFL's laughingstock doesn't feel right.

Bringing back the Leprechaun might trigger the woke... He's too white....

33 minutes ago, nickers said:

This guy lives with his mother, who he obviously has feelings for.

His political views that he loves to crowbar into every thread are probably awesome. 

3 hours ago, nickers said:

What I was implying is that unlike the Brownie Elf, the leprechaun never went away, .

It continues to be the Notre Dame mascot. 

Had the Brownie Elf never went away we wouldn't be facing this "controversy".

...but then again, I don't recall the leprechaun occupying the 50 yard line.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, syd said:

Really gorka ? i think that is all in your head but then again you always seem to make something out of nothing 

Yes really.

Some like the Elf, some don't.  Each have their reasons.  If that is not a controversy, then what would a dimwit like you call it?

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

Yes how ironic the Irish beloved little dude carrying a fighting shillelaugh club  is so much more liked than the cartoonish Cleveland  character.    It's been that way since when the Cleveland football players didn't want to wear it back in the 1940s.

it just doesn't seem to fit with 'Merican smash mouth tackle football  !    

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes how ironic the Irish beloved little dude is so much more liked than the cartoonish Cleveland  character.    It's been that way since when the Cleveland football players didn't want to wear it back in the 1940s.

it just doesn't seem to fit with 'Merican smash mouth tackle football  !    

It just occurred to me the Notre Dame has never used the leprechaun as a midfield logo. So why the fuck do we?

I'd have to agree with you that it doesn't belong on the 50 yd. line.

I'm not saying players should wear it either. Hell no..

What I'm trying to say is that Notre Dame kept the Leprechaun around in some capacity, conversely, we abandoned the elf eons ago making it's return harder for younger fans to buy into.

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

Yes really.

Some like the Elf, some don't.  Each have their reasons.  If that is not a controversy, then what would a dimwit like you call it?

no you dumbass it is a matter of opinion not a controversy 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, syd said:

no you dumbass it is a matter of opinion not a controversy 

The one thing you never fail at is exhibiting your ignorance, and that goes for Duchboy who appears to be your biggest fan. LOL

Of course it's a matter of opinion you moron.

Controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of conflicting OPINION or point of view.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:19 PM, nickers said:

I like the lil fucker but gotta agree w/mjp... Its just passive no matter how you look at it,,,

Somehow I can't believe many of us here would be afraid of getting into a bar fight with the likes of this little dweeb, same with the little brownie fairy.  I do know that I'm 72 ½ and probably past my bar fighting prime and smart enough not to try it out now going on 1 am.  

Oh even though I'm 72 ½ and a full 10 years older than that little ND punk.   And 4 years younger than the Brownie fairy ....... now just how crazy is this reply.   :lol:.      Oh well, and FYI, anyone afraid of this cartoon character  ?

Leprechaun
Mascot  (see below)   <-- do any of you guys think the ND mascot look more like  Nickers or Dutch ?  He sure as hell doesn't look like me.  especially at  23   and.   5' 10"   about  185 lbs and some. 49 years ago.  [ picture  #2 ].   Eh ?    [ # 2 HAS BEEN DELETED .... finally, lol. ]

Description

The Notre Dame Leprechaun is the mascot of the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics department. He appears at athletic events, most notably at football games. He was designed by sports artist Theodore W. Drake in 1964 for US$50. The Leprechaun was featured in the cover of TIME magazine in November 1964. Wikipedia
Nickname: The Leprechaun und.com
First seen: 1960

images (9).jpeg

On 4/14/2023 at 5:51 PM, Orion said:

CLEVELAND  BROWNS  STADIUM  at least for today.

Yep

Sorry folks.  There is too much money being left on the table.  That money is going to replaced at some point.  Sherwin Williams?  Eaton ?  Both are worldwide, Cleveland based companies.

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

The one thing you never fail at is exhibiting your ignorance, and that goes for Duchboy who appears to be your biggest fan. LOL

Of course it's a matter of opinion you moron.

Controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of conflicting OPINION or point of view.

Would it be controversial to say you are a pussy who I embarrassed into changing your name on this message board?

Would it, Gorka? 🤣

• Haha 1