THE BROWNS BOARD

Reason for concern?

Westside Steve

I love the guy and don't worry about dedication. Just a little bit worried whenever off season training gets skipped because it seems like guys are getting hurt a lot more often these days. Don't know if there's a correlation or how strong.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/4/26/23698408/daily-dawg-chow-4-26-cleveland-browns-kevin-stefanski-deshaun-watson-myles-garrett-nick-chubb-njoku

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kvoethe is a troll. Facts don't matter to trolls. He's the type of guy that trolls the Browns game threads when they are losing, disappears from sight when they are winning. The guy used to do the same nonsense on the Tavern, too. 🤣 

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kvoethe is a troll. Facts don't matter to trolls. He's the type of guy that trolls the Browns game threads when they are losing, disappears from sight when they are winning. The guy used to do the same nonsense on the Tavern, too. 🤣 

Wins matter and you are a creepy internet stalker.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

We got a D draft grade!!  Wooooo!!  Bringin the pain!!

LOL. Yep - draft grades at this point, though, are nonsense. If teams draft great, and the players do great, it was a great draft. Trouble is, what often looks like an "A" can turn out to be a "D" or even an "F".

So many years, so many high hopes. So many picks that seemed like great picks, turn out to be crap picks. Basically, it's the big step up to the pros that divides the loser draftees who don't love the game, etc, from the guys drafted who love the game, have the work ethic to prove it by becoming the best they can be.

The Browns' problem - seems to me - has been they didn't take love for the game into consideration - they drafted on college ratings and physical profiles - like flips of a coin with their hits/misses. Look at the history:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/draft.htm

braylon edwards, for just one example. Should have been a star wr every year. but his head was screwed on wrong.

Time will tell the actual grade. I thought the Browns drafted a Tyreek Hill. But he was only a track star who didn't love football. Just wasn't a football player. etc etc.

So, outside of the fact that the Browns STUPIDLY don't have their first round pick AGAIN next year - and traded their second round pick away (the trade itself was a good one) - maybe, just maybe, the Browns had an "A" draft if they didn't get any duds. TIme will tell the grades.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Wins matter and you are a creepy internet stalker.

You literally are nowhere to be found when the Browns win, troll.

But hey, you got a like from another "Browns fan" who literally is rooting for them to lose in calfox. Good for you! 🙂 With some luck, nickers will too! 

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You literally are nowhere to be found when the Browns win, troll.

But hey, you got a like from another "Browns fan" who literally is rooting for them to lose in calfox. Good for you! 🙂 With some luck, nickers will too! 

Slowin down stalker...you are usually quicker with your witty stalker garbage

30 minutes...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Slowin down stalker...you are usually quicker with your witty stalker garbage

30 minutes...

He's the Forum Asshole , Hands down... Ass up!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I love the guy and don't worry about dedication. Just a little bit worried whenever off season training gets skipped because it seems like guys are getting hurt a lot more often these days. Don't know if there's a correlation or how strong.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/4/26/23698408/daily-dawg-chow-4-26-cleveland-browns-kevin-stefanski-deshaun-watson-myles-garrett-nick-chubb-njoku

the article is there and i would not worry about nick could be he just had something going on

3 minutes ago, syd said:

the article is there and i would not worry about nick could be he just had something going on

I'm not worried either...But becoming a pass heavy team cannot be encouraging to him...

51 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

4 minutes Nickers.  He clapped back...musta been between rub and tugs.  

Starting stalking timer...

Without doubt, the two most humorous things about trolls are:

1. How incredibly easy it is to troll a troll, and...

2. How incredibly pissed off trolls get when this happens. 😂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, syd said:

you still need a run game

As long as the run is successful I'm sure we will use it.  Becoming a better, more effective and more respected passing team would not hurt Nick's YPC.  

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

As long as the run is successful I'm sure we will use it.  Becoming a better, more effective and more respected passing team would not hurt Nick's YPC.  

I agree it will not and I am also looking forward to see what  Ford brings to the game

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, syd said:

I agree it will not and I am also looking forward to see what  Ford brings to the game

Yeah, it was a small sample size, but the kid looked good on kickoff returns at the end of the season.

And I think he could - possibly easily - be an upgrade over what Hunt brought the team, especially as the season wore on. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, it was a small sample size, but the kid looked good on kickoff returns at the end of the season.

And I think he could - possibly easily - be an upgrade over what Hunt brought the team, especially as the season wore on. 

ya it sucks about Hunt Damn he was just a angry back (i loved the guy) but there is just so much in the tank and his ran out it seams 

#34 I hope is the next man up

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think Nick has done the off season stuff in Cleveland for several years.  He goes back to his High School in Cedartown, Ga. and works out there with the HS team.  Sort of a give back deal.   

He gets his work in.  I know some vid made the rounds of him squatting 600 lbs last year or the year before.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:29 AM, Westside Steve said:

When I was a kid, my asshole parents forced me into accordion competitions. In all humility, if there was such a thing as a badass accordion player, it was me. While dickheads were presenting mundane Lawrence Welk shit, I was ripping off Flight of the Bumble Bee

One particular competition, held at a school found each kid in his own room, practicing the piece they were about to perform.

My teacher, a true Maestro, kept my accordion until 2 minutes before I went up on stage. That was my warm up, and in the room, he gave me a Mad Magazine to read.

Chubb doesn't need this off season bullshit. He is the best runner in the NFL. What he needs is a coach who know how to use him and punish opposing defenses from the very opening drive.

What he has now is an assfuck who puts the guy into obvious run situations over and oclver and over.

Chubb has practiced his entire life. He will.tune up when camp starts. Guys need a life. No amount of off season drills are going to make Stefanski a good head coach. 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

When I was a kid, my asshole parents forced me into accordion competitions. In all humility, if there was such a thing as a badass accordion player, it was me. While dickheads were presenting mundane Lawrence Welk shit, I was ripping off Flight of the Bumble Bee

One particular competition, held at a school found each kid in his own room, practicing the piece they were about to perform.

My teacher, a true Maestro, kept my accordion until 2 minutes before I went up on stage. That was my warm up, and in the room, he gave me a Mad Magazine to read.

Chubb doesn't need this off season bullshit. He is the best runner in the NFL. What he needs is a coach who know how to use him and punish opposing defenses from the very opening drive.

What he has now is an assfuck who puts the guy into obvious run situations over and oclver and over.

Chubb has practiced his entire life. He will.tune up when camp starts. Guys need a life. No amount of off season drills are going to make Stefanski a good head coach. 

Spot on , Ghoolie!

On 5/1/2023 at 12:51 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Agree Chubb doesn't need these off-season sessions. He's got plenty of time.

The only thing I question is the analogy. One is a mental thing the other is physical.

Given a 2-3 week time frame for both, I know that as an accomplished musician or even someone that plays chess, I wouldn't lose a thing if I took a break from playing.

However as someone who frequents the gym 5-7 days a week, not going to the gym after 2 or three weeks makes it rough it when I go back. It feels like I never worked out a day in my life. I alternate between cardio workouts and light weights. Light weights and high repetitions in order keep these massive 17-inch biceps in tune. 😊

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

Agree Chubb doesn't need these off-season sessions. He's got plenty of time.

The only thing I question is the analogy. One is a mental thing the other is physical.

Given a 2-3 week time frame for both, I know that as an accomplished musician or even someone that plays chess, I wouldn't lose a thing if I took a break from playing.

However as someone who frequents the gym 5-7 days a week, not going to the gym after 2 or three weeks makes it rough it when I go back. It feels like I never worked out a day in my life. I alternate between cardio workouts and light weights. Light weights and high repetitions in order keep these massive 17-inch biceps in tune. 😊

I think it depends on what level we are playing. I could, for instance break from the guitar for several weeks and upon returning rip off I know a little, or Chet Atkins version of Mr Sandman and not miss a step. However if I was to play a more challenging classical piece I would probably notice a hitch or two. On the accordion I could leave for a year and come back and play any polka or tex mex/zydeco song that a person would ever want to hear. However, if I attempted the aforementioned Flight of the Bumblebee, my hand would not be in the shape that it needs to be to play at perfection

• Upvote 1