THE BROWNS BOARD

Reason for concern?

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

Agree Chubb doesn't need these off-season sessions. He's got plenty of time.

The only thing I question is the analogy. One is a mental thing the other is physical.

Given a 2-3 week time frame for both, I know that as an accomplished musician or even someone that plays chess, I wouldn't lose a thing if I took a break from playing.

However as someone who frequents the gym 5-7 days a week, not going to the gym after 2 or three weeks makes it rough it when I go back. It feels like I never worked out a day in my life. I alternate between cardio workouts and light weights. Light weights and high repetitions in order keep these massive 17-inch biceps in tune. 😊

I don't have a video of me performing Bumble Bee but this version by Nick Arriondo, a true badass, is close to the kind of crap I played in competitions.

Nick's 2 hands on the bass section is akin to a Van Halen tapping explosion, and his chromatic in unison runs with the piano section are very difficult.

If I took 3 weeks off, I could still play this, but not with top precision.

https://youtu.be/FxTOwXEy2Mo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I don't have a video of me performing Bumble Bee but this version by Nick Arriondo, a true badass, is close to the kind of crap I played in competitions.

Nick's 2 hands on the bass section is akin to a Van Halen tapping explosion, and his chromatic in unison runs with the piano section are very difficult.

If I took 3 weeks off, I could still play this, but not with top precision.

https://youtu.be/FxTOwXEy2Mo

AWESOME!.. Very few musicians understand how to "breathe" with dynamics, technique and feel.. He does all 3 like 3 dimensional thought process but naturally.. He doesn't over exaggerate it..... He does basically what I taught myself to do.. Follow the notes.. Follow the path .. Follow your heart... And don't over think it.. Great post...

Now watch Yuja Wang... I love the silent conversation she has with the instrument during the performance. They talk to each other...... Her point/Counter point skills are OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

AWESOME!.. Very few musicians understand how to "breathe" with dynamics, technique and feel.. He does all 3 like 3 dimensional thought process but naturally.. He doesn't over exaggerate it..... He does basically what I taught myself to do.. Follow the notes.. Follow the path .. Follow your heart... And don't over think it.. Great post...

Now watch Yuja Wang... I love the silent conversation she has with the instrument during the performance. They talk to each other...... Her point/Counter point skills are OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS!!!

Pffft....

11 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Pffft....

All technique... 0 soul... Anyone can learn their ABC's