THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm calling out the Cleveland Browns

Neo

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

It's certainly due.  

But seriously, we've had the roster for a couple of years now. I think it's safe to say our roster is better this year than a couple years ago. We need to do something like the Cavs did in in 2016 when they won the NBA Championship. 

Cavs Fans, Time To Look Within; Are You Still "ALL IN"?

Something like #ThisOnesForJim

Or '23 for #32 and let it spread. This should be our year!

If anyone knows someone in the Browns organization, send this to them. Let's make this a thing.

• Thanks 1

LeRoy Kelly returning a punt is what made me a fan... From our 20 to the other 20.. He was stumbling and bouncing the ball in the air and running very low to the ground but somehow secured the ball to give us great field position.. I haven't seen anything like it since...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nickers said:

LeRoy Kelly returning a punt is what made me a fan... From our 20 to the other 20.. He was stumbling and bouncing the ball in the air and running very low to the ground but somehow secured the ball to give us great field position.. I haven't seen anything like it since...

you mean like Metcalf or Cribbs

1 hour ago, syd said:

you mean like Metcalf or Cribbs

It was on par with that but even more amazing

Somebody else is calling out the browns, but as the author reporting it concludes: "Then again, he might be just another Browns doubter, and might be underestimating a team that begs underestimation after 30 years of futility. Let’s put a pin in this and re-evaluate after the season."

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/article/espn-bill-barnwell-andrew-berry-cleveland-browns-off-season-210745059/

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Somebody else is calling out the browns, but as the author reporting it concludes: "Then again, he might be just another Browns doubter, and might be underestimating a team that begs underestimation after 30 years of futility. Let’s put a pin in this and re-evaluate after the season."

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/article/espn-bill-barnwell-andrew-berry-cleveland-browns-off-season-210745059/

I still maintain the Browns will be 7-10 due to lack of leadership.. And a failed washed up QB.. I hope I'm wrong...

12 hours ago, nickers said:

I still maintain the Browns will be 7-10 due to lack of leadership.. And a failed washed up QB.. I hope I'm wrong...

Gonna be a difficult start to the season for sure. Could either blow this team apart or make 'em a contender.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nickers said:

You absolutely do not wish you are wrong.

No one on this board enjoys being miserable like you do. 

• Haha 1

I’m watching these Instagram highlights of Watson zinging the ball around…he looks good.  I like hearing that he’s got his face in the playbook all the time.

I think we could be sneaky good.  I felt good before 2021- but I felt like the expectations were much higher a few years ago the national spotlight is nowhere near us.

key injuries of course could derail things but I think we have rebound year coming. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m watching these Instagram highlights of Watson zinging the ball around…he looks good.  I like hearing that he’s got his face in the playbook all the time.

I think we could be sneaky good.  I felt good before 2021- but I felt like the expectations were much higher a few years ago the national spotlight is nowhere near us.

key injuries of course could derail things but I think we have rebound year coming. 

On paper, there's a lot of things the Browns did this offseason that point to a turnaround from last season's disappointing finish. 

But man, if I had a gun to my head I'd probably still have them at 7-10 or 8-9, even though an improvement in all three phases looks very likely. Such is the life of being a jaded Browns fan, I guess. I just do not see Stefanski being the head coach come this time next year. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

On paper, there's a lot of things the Browns did this offseason that point to a turnaround from last season's disappointing finish. 

But man, if I had a gun to my head I'd probably still have them at 7-10 or 8-9, even though an improvement in all three phases looks very likely. Such is the life of being a jaded Browns fan, I guess. I just do not see Stefanski being the head coach come this time next year. 

It's obviously real real easy to be skeptical with the Browns.

While some of their offseason moves didn't "wow" the critics (see article above), I think the Schwartz hiring and the addition of Elijah Moore will be great for them. There's a little bit of the "unexpected" which CAN work in the Browns' favor especially in the early part of the season....they could surprise teams with a different defensive look/schemes, and if thyese analytical nerds put their heads together, the offense could be explosive.

Yeah, I'm more optimistic than pessimistic. When they finally win an opener vs Cincy, well then this board and the entire fan base will be all giddy😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns have the roster to win NOW. Some of our stars are starting to age so if not now, WHEN? If winning and being a part of winning a championship for the best player to ever take the field isn't modivation enough, this team is truely fucked. If they come out and lay a goose egg this season, this team will never be a winner and the cultrure hasn't changed.

Like I said elsewhere.  This team needs to come out blowing snot.

A slow start could end it early.  I don't want guys getting hurt in camp, but I would rather that over setting out to game one dilly farting around.  We have to win home games, especially home division games.

We need a 7-2 home record to have a chance, with a home sweep of the division rivals.  Otherwise we will get screwed by the tie breakers.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For once we agree on something... I was never a proponent of Stefanski from the start.. While I think he's an admirable person and I respect his commitment to God... I just don't think he is the Alpha leader Depodesta envisions him to be.. I say this having been raised by my Father and a Stepfather who were both Alpha personalities.. Strong willed , etc... I think Kevvy is a "nice" guy.. But I agree w/Ghoolie when he says Shitmypantsky is not calling the shots.. Or better to say he's only calling shots on a limited basis.. If that makes any sense... I thought he managed Mayfield poorly and I'm not excusing Mayfield either... Mayfield should've kept his trap shut..... While that ship has sailed.. There are other instances I saw that he mishandled and that was the locker room in general... My gut feeling is Jim Schwartz might become the next HC... I just think he's a more sturdy guide and doesn't put up with BS... Almost Belichic like.. But in his own business like style.

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

For once we agree on something... I was never a proponent of Stefanski from the start.. While I think he's an admirable person and I respect his commitment to God... I just don't think he is the Alpha leader Depodesta envisions him to be.. I say this having been raised by my Father and a Stepfather who were both Alpha personalities.. Strong willed , etc... I think Kevvy is a "nice" guy.. But I agree w/Ghoolie when he says Shitmypantsky is not calling the shots.. Or better to say he's only calling shots on a limited basis.. If that makes any sense... I thought he managed Mayfield poorly and I'm not excusing Mayfield either... Mayfield should've kept his trap shut..... While that ship has sailed.. There are other instances I saw that he mishandled and that was the locker room in general... My gut feeling is Jim Schwartz might become the next HC... I just think he's a more sturdy guide and doesn't put up with BS... Almost Belichic like.. But in his own business like style.

Oh wow, I'm off ignore?

Please put me back on.

• Haha 1

🖕 Dutch... Just once can you even act humane?... Naw... It's not in your hill jack DNA... You're too arrogant and are a selfish prick...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neo said:

The Browns have the roster to win NOW. Some of our stars are starting to age so if not now, WHEN? If winning and being a part of winning a championship for the best player to ever take the field isn't modivation enough, this team is truely fucked. If they come out and lay a goose egg this season, this team will never be a winner and the cultrure hasn't changed.

Are saying the name of the new stadium should be Charlie Brown Stadium rather than Jim Brown Stadium?🤗

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Are saying the name of the new stadium should be Charlie Brown Stadium rather than Jim Brown Stadium?🤗

They have all the talent and they have a reason to go deep into the postseason.  If they have a losing season this year, you might as well make Charlie Brown the mascot with peppermint Patty pulling the ball away.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stefanski is squarely on the hot seat.  If it doesn’t go well or goes same as usual- he’s gone and then you have 2024 where Berry and Watson will be on that spot.

We had a ton of brain fart type games…Jets, Falcons, Chargers, Saints…we had no business losing those games…give us two there and we are 9-8…three and we are a 10 win team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We had a ton of brain fart type games…Jets, Falcons, Chargers, Saints…we had no business losing those games…give us two there and we are 9-8…three and we are a 10 win team. 

Jets & Saints games were squarely on the players IMHO. 

• Thanks 1

NFL Head Coaching Rankings: Which Team’s Coach Reigns Supreme?    

Browns-logo-e1676995731596.png #23. Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland Browns

Seasons With Team: 3 | Head Coaching Record: *26-24

Analysis: This feels like a big year for Stefanski after he won a playoff game and had the Cleveland Browns on the precipice of an AFC Championship game in Year 1. They’ve gone in the wrong direction the last two years. With Deshaun Watson eligible to play the whole year, Stefanski better make sure Browns owner Jimmy Haslam starts to get a return on that absurd investment, or Haslam will try to find someone else who can.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/rankings/nfl-head-coaching-rankings-which-teams-coach-reigns-supreme/ debatable list

Will mention Stef has not had the best of roster luck since year 1 neither..

Malek McDowell flips out..Garrett flips his car to Pro toe Bowl..Watson suspended 10* games.. Defensive players disconnect from Joe Woods.. LB'er position down 3 key players to IR.. Pro Bowl returner Jakeem Grant blows a knee untouched at training camp..  🫣

Let's hope these kinda un-lucky roster train wrecks are in Stef's past too.. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

NFL Head Coaching Rankings: Which Team’s Coach Reigns Supreme?    

Browns-logo-e1676995731596.png #23. Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland Browns

Seasons With Team: 3 | Head Coaching Record: *26-24

Analysis: This feels like a big year for Stefanski after he won a playoff game and had the Cleveland Browns on the precipice of an AFC Championship game in Year 1. They’ve gone in the wrong direction the last two years. With Deshaun Watson eligible to play the whole year, Stefanski better make sure Browns owner Jimmy Haslam starts to get a return on that absurd investment, or Haslam will try to find someone else who can.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/rankings/nfl-head-coaching-rankings-which-teams-coach-reigns-supreme/ debatable list

Will mention Stef has not had the best of roster luck since year 1 neither..

Malek McDowell flips out..Garrett flips his car..Watson suspended 10* games.. Defensive players disconnect from Joe Woods.. LB'er position down 3 key players to IR.. Pro Bowl returner Jakeem Grant blows a knee untouched at training camp..  🫣

Let's hope these kinda un-lucky roster train wrecks our in Stef's past too.. 

2020 the stars all aligned for Stefanski 

2021 was a poor coaching job.

2022 was the doomed from the start and then what could go wrong went wrong complemented by his poor playing calling. 

i really like the Schwartz move and I think it will save his job.  Stefanksi is going to continue to poke his head in play calling he needs a “general” on the other side of the ball with HC experience to boot to throw in some 02 cents when it comes to in game stuff. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bob806 said:

agreed !

but what may have gotten the interest of Jimmy Haslam to re-construct his stadium was that Saints game ?

Go back to a holiday game in Green Bay on a non frozen tundra.. that game the Browns competed their butts off... cold/snow but not a frozen field

💡These Browns, have no edge playing on Cleveland's frozen turf. Next to a frozen Lake w/high winds. Haslam might have this idea in his new reconstruction plans?

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/14/sports/football/tenderizing-the-packers-tundra-with-light-and-heat.html

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bob806 said:

For me it was a collective failure...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, nickers said:

For me it was a collective failure...

Agree. Culmination of trying to throw too much, and many dropped passes. I think the players mailed that one in, for me it was worse than the Jets game.

• Upvote 1