THE BROWNS BOARD

Polamalu hurts hair folicles in his knee, may be out 3-6 weeks

calfoxwc

Polamalu hurts knee, may miss 3-6 weeks

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer

10 hours, 18 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu(notes) sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee late in the first half of their 13-10 overtime victory against Tennessee on Thursday night. Coach Mike Tomlin said the injury usually sidelines a player from 3 to 6 weeks.

Polamalu was injured when a Titans player fell on him as Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith(notes) blocked a 31-yard field goal attempt by Rod Bironas with about three minutes left in the half. Polamalu was attempting to pick up the ball.

Before getting hurt, Polamalu made a one-handed interception and led both teams in tackles with six.

Tomlin said there is a chance the injury could be worse once further tests are run.

“I’m sure there’s a possibility of it, but I don’t have any concrete evident that there is anything more than that,” Tomlin said.

A two-time All-Pro safety, Polamalu was chosen for the past five Pro Bowls. He is considered one of the NFL’s premier defensive players.

“We definitely were aware of him not being in there,” said Titans quarterback Kerry Collins(notes), who led a touchdown drive immediately after Polamalu was hurt. “You calls the plays based on coverage, and sure we’d like to say, ‘Hey, he’s out of the game’ and do a couple of different things.”

Though Polamalu potentially could be sidelined much of the first half of the season, the injury could have been much worse—an anterior collateral ligament injury might have put him out the rest of the season.

Rod Woodson, the Hall of Fame cornerback, tore up his knee in the Steelers’ 1995 season opener, needed major surgery and didn’t return until the Super Bowl. He was the first player to return from such an injury and play in the same season.

The Steelers players are off until Monday, when the team is scheduled to practice again.

Although the shameless Polamalu pumping was non stop from the announcers booth last night., Watching him making plays is wow..the guy is a player and clone of exactly who you want playing safety.

Madden '10 curse in effect!

He is an incredible player.

But his character sucks, and his cheapshot attitude has been with him since college.

He is the perfect safety and pukesburgh is going to get reamed while he is out they should have lost last night but fisher and his coordinators suck and watching collins slow arse float balls with insidious airspace makes one realize just how good both our QBs are talking about a team that could use DA to get somewhere the tits would be it though its doubtful DA could overcome the foolishness that fisher forces that team to do under adverse conditions...

It makes me realize just how good the browns are going to be over time with mangini in charge i havent been this syked over a regime since the marty shottenslimer days and i actually like mangini more...

collinsworth is an idiot. wines hard lowered his head into a CB on the backside, nowhere close to the play, and he said it was a great block. he frickin pegged the guy with the crown of his helmet.....gonna be another long season of stupidity from that douchebag.

Polamalu is an overrated player. Oh, he will make the occasional spectacular play, which looks more spectacular because he has that ugly mane of hair flowing. I am not saying he is terrible, he is good, but overrated.

And FYI, the Steelers defense will not miss him that much. If Polamalu is considered great it is because he plays a very important role in the defensive schemes laid out by Dick LeBeau. That is why I say the Steelers D don't miss a beat. Did you see the Tits rolling right over the Steeler's D without Polamalu in there in the second half? Hell no. That team still only scored 10 points. LeBeau will have someone filling in for him very nicely, thank you.

LeBeau could take the personell we have now on defense with the Browns and have them perform the way the Steeler's defense has performed. Sean Jones when he was here could have been what Polamalu is. Leon Williams could have been James Harrison. Yep. The Steeler's won't miss this guy that much.

Look, I've been a passionate Browns fan all of my life. My passion grows by the year as I now live in western PA. I despise EVERYTHING STEELER, primarily their uninformed loud-mouth fans......But Troy is not only the perfect safety, but as close to the perfect human being the NFL has ever seen. If he played for the Browns you would be naming your kids AND pets "Troy". I understand the "message board rivalry smack-talk", but if I had the opportunity I would personally ask Troy to consider leaving this one horse town and become a Brown. That's if the organization is smart enough to make a move like that.

BEN on the other hand is great, and just think... we gave up a 2nd.... to move up one spot..... to take Winslow....INSTEAD of Ben. Same sentiment-if Ben were a Brown you'd be crowning him King of the QB's too......but he IS a total Douche Bag and I live for seeing his broken face in defeat.

DUDE.....your clueless. SEAN JONES could never, in any system, be what Troy is.....never. Lebeau is clearly the MVP of that organization, and I agree that most of those Steeler defensemen benefit from that scheme and would be average elsewhere....but Troy is special.....Sean Jones and Leon Williams are average....at best. Dick lebeau could make them good....maybe

DUDE.....your clueless. SEAN JONES could never, in any system, be what Troy is.....never. Lebeau is clearly the MVP of that organization, and I agree that most of those Steeler defensemen benefit from that scheme and would be average elsewhere....but Troy is special.....Sean Jones and Leon Williams are average....at best. Dick lebeau could make them good....maybe

Oh, I think that it is entirely possible that Polamalu may be the best of that group of defenders, but I am not carrying a man crush for him as you seem to be.. You have seen a lot of supposed super duper players leave the Steelers and all of a sudden they are not all that good. Joey Porter left there, and he played OK, but he certainly isn't considered the biggest baddest ass of them all now that he is gone from LeBeau's tutelage. If Polamalu left for some reason I think he might still be a Pro Bowler....but that is it.

Actually, I hope you are right. I hope that with this guy out the Steelers defense falls completely apart, that other teams pass and score on them silly because they don't have to worry about TP being back there to defend.....but, I am not buying it. Who do the Steeler's play next week? Can we expect a scoring shootout? Doubtful.

Polamalu is an overrated player. Oh, he will make the occasional spectacular play, which looks more spectacular because he has that ugly mane of hair flowing. I am not saying he is terrible, he is good, but overrated.

And FYI, the Steelers defense will not miss him that much. If Polamalu is considered great it is because he plays a very important role in the defensive schemes laid out by Dick LeBeau. That is why I say the Steelers D don't miss a beat. Did you see the Tits rolling right over the Steeler's D without Polamalu in there in the second half? Hell no. That team still only scored 10 points. LeBeau will have someone filling in for him very nicely, thank you.

LeBeau could take the personell we have now on defense with the Browns and have them perform the way the Steeler's defense has performed. Sean Jones when he was here could have been what Polamalu is. Leon Williams could have been James Harrison. Yep. The Steeler's won't miss this guy that much.

they must have some good drugs in cleveland.

Look, I've been a passionate Browns fan all of my life. My passion grows by the year as I now live in western PA. I despise EVERYTHING STEELER, primarily their uninformed loud-mouth fans......But Troy is not only the perfect safety, but as close to the perfect human being the NFL has ever seen. If he played for the Browns you would be naming your kids AND pets "Troy". I understand the "message board rivalry smack-talk", but if I had the opportunity I would personally ask Troy to consider leaving this one horse town and become a Brown. That's if the organization is smart enough to make a move like that.

BEN on the other hand is great, and just think... we gave up a 2nd.... to move up one spot..... to take Winslow....INSTEAD of Ben. Same sentiment-if Ben were a Brown you'd be crowning him King of the QB's too......but he IS a total Douche Bag and I live for seeing his broken face in defeat.

it's the same with all the Steelers players.

Troy in black and gold................ an overrated cheapshot artist

Troy in brown and orange........... the best player to ever play the game.

Ben in black and gold..............for some reason hated by browns fans for being a "douche" (why you think that i don't know)

Ben in brown and orange.............the best think since sliced bread

Ward in black and gold................lol, where should i begin....dirty, overrated etc...

Ward in brown and orange...........you'd have retired his jersey before he retired from the game

Harrison in black and gold............a steroid user that is dirty as the day is long

Harrison in brown and orange........a "go getter" that plays with intensity.

we could keep going, but won't. that's the one thing i don't understand about brown's fans. they never seem to respect their rivals for what they do......they just tear them down. but i bet the browns and their fans would admit that they'd love to have them on their roster.

TP and Harrison are "special" because they play for LeBeau. Playing for Todd Grantham, TP and Harrison are likely to be the average ones and playing for LeBeau Sean Jones and Leon Williams may have been the "special" ones.

I see the article did not mention all the penalties Troy amassed that game. Was it 3? 4? I lost count.

Nafreleets, I think you are forgetting the point that we are not moronic enough to blindly cheer our players. We knew K2 was a prima donna "Soldier" before he was shipped off. We complain about Edwards's behavior all the time. We all supported Mangini when he shipped out loud-mouth Shawn Smith. The problem is that the Steelers DON'T cut these type of players. They seem to like having them around, in fact.

Ben in black and gold..............for some reason hated by browns fans for being a "douche" (why you think that i don't know)

Ward in black and gold................lol, where should i begin....dirty, overrated etc...

Ward in brown and orange...........you'd have retired his jersey before he retired from the game

Harrison in black and gold............a steroid user that is dirty as the day is long

we could keep going, but won't. that's the one thing i don't understand about brown's fans. they never seem to respect their rivals for what they do......they just tear them down. but i bet the browns and their fans would admit that they'd love to have them on their roster.

HELLO, MCFLY, IS ANYBODY HOME? You are the one that is totally missing the point. I am saying the exact opposite of what you think. I am saying that BECAUSE they play in the Steeler's quality run organization the guys you mention are what you claim they are: the best safety in the game, the best thing since sliced bread, a go getter, etc. These players under the Brown's regimes over the past 9 years would very likely have been average at best performers. The whole of that team is more than the sum of the parts. Dan Rooney and Dick Lebeau have a system in place that gets maximum output from their players. Indeed, these players may in fact be fungible. I am saying that if some of the Browns apparent mediocr players played for that team in that system, they would be the all world performers, and if they played here they would quite possibly be mediocre performers. You can keep your whole roster. Just give us the guys in charge and we would see how it turns out. Bum Phillips knew what he was talking about.

Hines Ward is a crybaby Dickhead. You can have him and his cheapshoting self-righteousness. Would love to have Troy. Ben is a STILL a douche, no matter what you say, but i would have him because the wins out weigh the lame Drama. You can have Harrison since its becoming a pattern of Steelers abusing women. (Harrison, Ben, Cedric Wilson....)

Hines Ward is a crybaby Dickhead. You can have him and his cheapshoting self-righteousness. Would love to have Troy. Ben is a STILL a douche, no matter what you say, but i would have him because the wins out weigh the lame Drama. You can have Harrison since its becoming a pattern of Steelers abusing women. (Harrison, Ben, Cedric Wilson....)

it's the 'roids.

man.........you guys are all priceless.

man.........you guys are all priceless.

But you certainly are not. If your loyalties are to those individual players you can be as starry eyed as you want to be about them. If they leave the Steelers you are free to shift your loyalties along with them. (Were you in love with Joey Porter when he was with Peetown? He was All World with the Steelers per the propaganda. After he left he was a decent, but not All Star, caliber player)

But you certainly are not. If your loyalties are to those individual players you can be as starry eyed as you want to be about them. If they leave the Steelers you are free to shift your loyalties along with them. (Were you in love with Joey Porter when he was with Peetown? He was All World with the Steelers per the propaganda. After he left he was a decent, but not All Star, caliber player)

but to kinda cast a shadow on Troy P. like he's more the product of a system and not, in actuality one of the best SS's to ever play the game, is just not based in reality.

roethlisbergerdalybig.jpg

ben-Rapelisberger-5.jpg

ZZ319BBFEC.jpg

injured_ben.jpg

yeah dude, cause you've never been in a position at a party where someone could have taken a picture of you making a drunken funny face.

cause you've never slept with a woman that didn't make Maxim's Top 100 Hot Women List

and cause if you were into motorcycles and actually had the money to buy a cherry one like that you wouldn't take a picture of yourself on it with "riding gear".........namely sunglasses to keep the wind out of your eyes and a leather jacket to limit road rash.

yeah, those are all such douche things to do that i would never think the average person would do the same exact thing. <_<

that's what i mean...........finding reasons to hate on rather than just a grudging respect.

why?

oh, and when the hell was that pic taken of ben drinking? Junior year of college?

yeah, those are all such douche things to do that i would never think the average person would do the same exact thing. <_<

He's not the average person, he's a QB for the Superbowl champions, grow up and act like it.

Oh it wasn't about the funny face, it's because he's on a man date with Carson Daly and AC Slater.

If it wasn't for Ohio football your Stoolers would be just that a big pile of stinking SHIT!

Chuck Knoll Ohio native and Cleveland Brown learned from the best coach in the game Paul Brown. Won 4 SB for the Stoolers.

Jack Lambert Ohio native Kent state grad and arguably the best linebacker to ever play for the Stoolers. Won 4 SB for the Stoolers.

James Harrison Ohio native Kent State grad. Won 2 SB for the Stoolers.

Big Gay Ben Ohio native Miami Ohio U grad and rapist. Won 2 SB for the Stoolers.

Santonio Holmes is not from Ohio but honed his skills at Ohio State University. Won a SB for the Stoolers.

Now tell me douchebag, where would your shitty team be without Ohio football? We dont envy you or your players we created them. You envy us and would be nothing without us!

Archived