THE BROWNS BOARD

~ ❤️ JIm Donovan Battling Leukemia, Again ~

Dutch Oven

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

Ditto.. I knew it was him because he was in town for a book signing.  Dave Thomas, yeah that Dave Thomas who founded Wendy's.  Limo? Hell no, regular car that he was driving himself.  😉

• Upvote 1

I lost my mother in March of 2012 to Leukemia 🙏  during her 2nd battle 💔

It's been like some weird mothers after gift ? 🎁 Saving the heart-n-soul of my Browns Brother returning today ? 🧡

I surely didn't miss Jim's radio to TV merge today !

Deserving  🏈 !

Continue Good Health, Browns-brother Jim Donovan !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:43 PM, Dutch Oven said:

About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

That is so true !  We have been absolutely spoiled by some of the  best  in the business ......  both radio and TV,  INDIANS, BROWNS  and CAVALIERS ! 

We are so glad Jim D.  is back where he belongs ..... behind the mic.

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

That's sad!  I always thought he did a good job; and I always got the impression he was well respected.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

That's sad!  I always thought he did a good job; and I always got the impression he was well respected.

Damn he looked young for being in his 70's RIP

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

I saw that, looked like he has aged some,  RIP Chris long time ESPN person.