THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Juneteenth. Celebrating the end of slavery in the United States

cccjwh

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Then when somebody shoots up a mall, a school, a bar, or a church, just accept it. It comes with the territory of being a free country that has a second amendment. 

Who said accept it? Everyone states time and again what the real problems are.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So this is the political board, huh?

..."It's so delusional to say there's a "two tier legal system" and then claim that trump, fucking white wealthy powerful Trump, is on the lower tier of that system "

Sounds racist to me. Why don't you start lashing out at white supremacy again?

I remember an old post from Nickers how he really feels about blacks, so most here that would recall already knows he's far from racist.

46 minutes ago, Jax said:

Who said accept it? Everyone states time and again what the real problems are.

Ok, then offer a solution. I have asked this question many times on this board and still have yet to get an answer. With your infinite wisdom, tell us, what do we do?

3 hours ago, Axe said:

It's not a gun problem. It's a mental illness problem..

That's just it. This isn't the Minority Report. We don't have precogs that can tell us who is going to wake up hating the world and decides to shoot up a Walmart. How do you convince someone who has decided in his heart that the only way to solve a problem is to mass murder people? Some guy will wake up tomorrow and decide spur of the moment that he's going to kill his colleagues, another may have been planning it for years. 

As I said before, there is no easy answer.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Neo said:

That's just it. This isn't the Minority Report. We don't have precogs that can tell us who is going to wake up hating the world and decides to shoot up a Walmart. How do you convince someone who has decided in his heart that the only way to solve a problem is to mass murder people? Some guy will wake up tomorrow and decide spur of the moment that he's going to kill his colleagues, another may have been planning it for years. 

As I said before, there is no easy answer.

Weird that the thread has been taken over by gun control. Anyway that's true and probably because in the Modern Age we've become accustomed to looking at issues in sound bite length. Easier to focus on a few random acts of violence then the overall problem. I don't think random activity can be prevented.

WSS

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And mental illness problems only exist in the US?

No...that's why countries are dumping off their mentally ill and emptying their prison population to our southern border.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Vambo said:

No...that's why countries are dumping off their mentally ill and emptying their prison population to our southern border.

We have become the toilet bowl for societies garbage and waste..

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Try to be serious for once. Red flag laws would be a great part of a solution - except they are politically left-winged when they allow anyone to report anyone without ANY kind of repercussions. Meaning, the left would be delighted to have jilted girlfriends/boyfriends to file fake allegations against those who use guns. Hostile sibling who is angry that you are the oldest and are in charge of the estate? Fake red flag and the left will be delighted that a completely innocent gun owner gets his life screwed up, his gun(s) taken away, etc etc etc.

Obamao had the idea, along with most of the left - to protect those students in school who display violent tendencies, break the law - by sugarcoating them over, protecting them from consequences.

Read:

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No, I recall the Chinese gentleman that murdered 34 school aged children.

His weapon of choice? A knife.

I would venture to guess that motherfucker was insane.

So, Woody, Look at history, just once. The left has made attacking a couple hundred million innocent gun owners their political enemies.

How does that stop anything? It keeps legitimate, Constitution/Bill of Rights compatible solutions from NOT being worked on.

ObaMao's directives? protect violent students from consequences?

backfired into more and more violence in schools, yes, sometimes involving guns.

Social media - some kids have been driven to suicide because of online harassment. How to solve that? Bullying in schools has caused some to act out in violent retaliation.

"Legalize Drugs" ??????????? made problem worse. Teaching cya in schools? makes problem worse.

The left does everything emotionally, and politically. That is why everything ? they do fails and ends up doing the exact opposite of what was -allegedly- said was their goal.

You need to stop dismissing the legit answers you get when you keep parroting your quesitons.

You will sit here and blame gun violence on literally anything but guns. You'll refuse to look at the data showing America failing in this regard. You'll blame video games and this and that. Literally anything but being productive and actually making a difference. 

You're ignorant and oblivious to any actual data or study on this topic. You'll pull right wing think tank garbage out of your ass like it is the end all be all. 

Gun culture is crazy and political culture is crazy. You're just hitting both notes. 

You're a derange, insane, old man and we can only hope your voting doesn't fuck things up for others. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Try to be serious for once. Red flag laws would be a great part of a solution - except they are politically left-winged when they allow anyone to report anyone without ANY kind of repercussions. ...

So like the vigilante abortion laws?

And you didn't answer the question. Do mental health issues only exist in the US?

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You will sit here and blame gun violence on literally anything but guns. You'll refuse to look at the data showing America failing in this regard. You'll blame video games and this and that. Literally anything but being productive and actually making a difference. 

You're ignorant and oblivious to any actual data or study on this topic. You'll pull right wing think tank garbage out of your ass like it is the end all be all. 

Gun culture is crazy and political culture is crazy. You're just hitting both notes. 

You're a derange, insane, old man and we can only hope your voting doesn't fuck things up for others. 

your slurs are unfounded, with no reasoning behind it. Just an emotional knee jerk feather-wetting episode again.

Nothing but slurs and lies comes out of your woodpecker beak.

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

As any rational person would. A gun just cant get up and start shooting people.

Not surprised by your comment at all. This mentality falls in line with the long held liberal belief that responsibility and accountability lie at the feet of everything but the offender or "disadvantaged".

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You mean you hope it doesn't fuck things up for you you selfish prick... Quit thinking about yourself all the time Jr.. Your act is "OLD" and tired... Do you even have a job?.. You spend time on the Forum like some bitch addicted to Soap Operas... Get a life! That's the problem with today's Libs.. They make everything about them and their twisted femmy emotions... Be a man you WIMP!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, nickers said:

You mean you hope it doesn't fuck things up for you you selfish prick... Quit thinking about yourself all the time Jr.. Your act is "OLD" and tired... Do you even have a job?.. You spend time on the Forum like some bitch addicted to Soap Operas... Get a life! That's the problem with today's Libs.. They make everything about them and their twisted femmy emotions... Be a man you WIMP!

Most of the issues I support won't directly affect me. With my pay now (and future) I am / could be raising my own taxes as well. I don't want "free shit", I don't need "free shit". You couldn't be further from the truth. 

What is infinitely sadder though is spending so much time on here in your retirement 

45 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Most of the issues I support won't directly affect me. With my pay now (and future) I am / could be raising my own taxes as well. I don't want "free shit", I don't need "free shit". You couldn't be further from the truth. 

What is infinitely sadder though is spending so much time on here in your retirement 

Can't really take your answer seriously Woody here's why. I think you'd like to pretend that you are selfless and only looking out for the best interest of people who underperform. Virtue signaling if you will. No the taxes really don't make much difference to you or me or pretty much anybody below giant Corporation level whom you seem to hate just because. And because some of your chosen people have read about a slight from centuries ago they should get paid back with more and more as we call it "free shit". Regardless of how important it makes you feel it doesn't make their lives any better. And when it Dawns on them the free shit didn't make them happy they will resent you even more. Like throwing out bags of food in your backyard does not make raccoons smarter or more industrious. And though you foolishly believe that they love you for it as soon as there's not as much raccoon food as there was the week before they will turn on you. Lowering people's societal obligations and standards for success because of something that happened to their great great grandparents is ridiculous even if it makes you feel like a big shot.

It goes hand in hand with the silly threats that candidate X or Canada Y is going to cut your social security or Medicare or whatever the fuck. Or that either of these candidates are able to or even care about making you better stronger smarter more well-adjusted etc etc.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2