THE BROWNS BOARD

Untrustworthy media

On 6/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Westside Steve said:

I'll just say this about the news coverage on the Titan-ic Steve... How many millions did the US Coast Guard and Canada waste looking for five people taking a joy ride to see the real Titanic? I've heard it opined... Should we add five more deaths to the Titanic death toll? I'd be all for it... BTW, my A#1 and expert bike mechanic Roger said years ago... When you ride a carbon fiber bike, if it fails- it's going to fail catastrophically.  Hmmm.... The Titan had a lot of carbon fiber in the hull... 

And regarding media coverage... how many died with that boat sinking in Greece? Near crickets by comparison.    Peace, OUT.   

I'm still riding my Trek Y frame I bought in the 90s, but now that you just jinxed it I may have to sell it.

A sub with billionaires searching for the titanic is a better story line than migrants in another failed attempt to invade some country.

If you were in charge of the media and it's profits, what are you going to air more of? I know Obama told you guys what to think on the subject so it's understandable. Never take your eyes off the race baiting, that's what made Obama so good, he could redirect the herd to focus on division.

The point of what Steve posted was about media distraction from other events like the Biden corruption.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll just say this about the news coverage on the Titan-ic Steve... How many millions did the US Coast Guard and Canada waste looking for five people taking a joy ride to see the real Titanic? I've heard it opined... Should we add five more deaths to the Titanic death toll? I'd be all for it... BTW, my A#1 and expert bike mechanic Roger said years ago... When you ride a carbon fiber bike, if it fails- it's going to fail catastrophically.  Hmmm.... The Titan had a lot of carbon fiber in the hull... 

And regarding media coverage... how many died with that boat sinking in Greece? Near crickets by comparison.    Peace, OUT.   

The Titanic lies more than 2 1/2 miles under the surface, what did they think was going to happen with that pop can of a hull? The thing that gets me is the guy that built this sub has been down to Titanic before so he should know what kind of craft that is needed to reach those depths. Although the Titanic wreck site is in international waters, they need to somehow outlaw visiting the site.  If they don't, the grave will continue to get bigger and bigger. This is what happens at pressures of just a 100 or so PSI 👇  The Titanic lies at thousands of PSI. 

45 minutes ago, Jax said:

That was cool.

I don't even think they could barely see out of the thing, I just don't get it.

I took a sub ride in Aruba but it was only 100' and the water is very clear, that was a cool ride with plenty of windows.

We took a mini sub in Hawaii - to 100' a few decades ago. Apparently, this new design was to have room for more passengers who would pay huge money to go on the tour. Greed plays a huge part in the tragedy - on the part of the big shots who funded it.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Big-Island-of-Hawaii/Atlantis-Kona-Submarine-Adventure/d669-3524KSUB

Atlantis Kona Submarine Adventure

3 hours ago, Jax said:

I'm still riding my Trek Y frame I bought in the 90s, but now that you just jinxed it I may have to sell it.

A sub with billionaires searching for the titanic is a better story line than migrants in another failed attempt to invade some country.

If you were in charge of the media and it's profits, what are you going to air more of? I know Obama told you guys what to think on the subject so it's understandable. Never take your eyes off the race baiting, that's what made Obama so good, he could redirect the herd to focus on division.

The point of what Steve posted was about media distraction from other events like the Biden corruption.

Hehe, compared to Donnie, Biden is a saint. DJT apparently likes to peruse top secret classified documents when he's sitting on his crapper.  :D 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

The Titanic lies more than 2 1/2 miles under the surface, what did they think was going to happen with that pop can of a hull? The thing that gets me is the guy that built this sub has been down to Titanic before so he should know what kind of craft that is needed to reach those depths. Although the Titanic wreck site is in international waters, they need to somehow outlaw visiting the site.  If they don't, the grave will continue to get bigger and bigger. This is what happens at pressures of just a 100 or so PSI 👇  The Titanic lies at thousands of PSI. 

Make that 5,000 PSI.. I did the math.... That would be like putting the entire weight of an elephant on your thumb.  :) 

I've heard plenty of comments and suggestions that the Titanic should be off limits to further joy rides to see it... Let the dead rest in peace.  But then again, some folks are fascinated visiting cemeteries. But you don't usually need $250k to visit them.   🙄

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Completely different set of circumstances.  One was on our coast, the other on the coast of Greece.  One was an overcrowded ship with many people trying to illegally enter Europe.  The other was 5 people on a SUBMARINE that was to look at the wreck of the Titanic.  When a sub goes missing and has limited air supply it naturally peaks the interest of people.  When a ship full of illegals sinks, its just another day in this shit world we live in.  You have obviously completely become a fucking liberal.  Peace out.

Retired Navy Captain Dave Corley described to Express US what a catastrophic submarine implosion would involve: “When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour – that’s 2,200 feet per second. A modern nuclear submarine’s hull radius is about 20 feet. So the time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond. A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response is at best 150 milliseconds. The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapors. When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine. The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Sounds gruesome but as a submariner I always wished for a quick hull-collapse death over a lengthy one like some of the crew on Kursk endured.”...anyone inside would be instantly vaporized

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hehe, compared to Donnie, Biden is a saint. DJT apparently likes to peruse top secret classified documents when he's sitting on his crapper.

AGAIN: (I've never posted all of them, only about 3/4)

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

Now, AGAIN, you list your biden list.

Go ahead. Try again, the last time you tried surely embarrassed you badly.

Worse, your gleeful slur against the Proud Boys, whatever they are,....

they unmasked non-membres who tried to infiltrate them. Feds? antifa?

same thing with Jan 6th.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/06/26/portland-proud-boys-unmask-attackers-at-pride-protest-and-well-well-well-what-have-we-here-n1706368

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

There ain't enough riches in the universe to make me jump in any submersible of any kind... Fuck that!

There really is no hope for humanity, is there? If you are alive and live on this planet, you know how these people died, or so one would think. It happens everyday in our daily lives. When your ears pop when air pressure changes, when you inflate a tire, or drink a 20oz Pepsi out of a plastic bottle and suck the air out of the bottle and watch the atmospheric pressure collapse it. 

The same thing happened to the Titanic 111 years ago when a hole was ripped in the hull and water rushed in to the low pressure void inside the hull. These forces are at work all around us at all hours of the day, you would think somebody would notice? DO they really have to explain what happened to the sub?

5 hours ago, Neo said:

There really is no hope for humanity, is there? If you are alive and live on this planet, you know how these people died, or so one would think. It happens everyday in our daily lives. When your ears pop when air pressure changes, when you inflate a tire, or drink a 20oz Pepsi out of a plastic bottle and suck the air out of the bottle and watch the atmospheric pressure collapse it. 

The same thing happened to the Titanic 111 years ago when a hole was ripped in the hull and water rushed in to the low pressure void inside the hull. These forces are at work all around us at all hours of the day, you would think somebody would notice? DO they really have to explain what happened to the sub?

Have you seen those videos where people, mainly college age are asked simple questions? If you are alive on the planet, you should know that Europe is not a city, and "Lance" Armstrong didn't land on the sun.

I highly doubt people understand atmospheric pressure.

Take using a straw to drink out of a glass or bottle.

They are amazed when I tell them that when they suck on a straw that they are not pulling the liquid up the straw. What they actually are doing is lowering the atmospheric pressure within the straw. The resulting higher atmospheric pressure outside the straw pushes down on the liquid in the glass or bottle forcing the liquid up the straw and into their mouth.

The above-mentioned stupidity vote democrat. They are why we have democrat presidents, so to answer your question, no, there is no hope for humanity.

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

Take using a straw to drink out of a glass or bottle.

They are amazed when I tell them that when they suck on a straw that they are not pulling the liquid up the straw. What they actually are doing is lowering the atmospheric pressure within the straw. The resulting higher atmospheric pressure outside the straw pushes down on the liquid in the glass or bottle forcing the liquid up the straw and into their mouth.

The above-mentioned stupidity vote democrat. They are why we have democrat presidents, so to answer your question, no, there is no hope for humanity.

And given the overwhelming number of liberal cockaholics you'd think they would understand that concept ;)

it is profoundly reckless to have not sent that sub down to extreme depths to test it WITHOUT humans aboard. I don't understand how callus they were about not pre-testing the structure in case of failure.

59 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it is profoundly reckless to have not sent that sub down to extreme depths to test it WITHOUT humans aboard. I don't understand how callus they were about not pre-testing the structure in case of failure.

I thought this sub had been down to the wreckage before?

Whens the new knee?

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

We have one source that says it made 2 trips prior to this one....

How many trips did OceanGate's Titan sub make to the Titanic wreck? | US News | Metro News

...and another source stating it made 10.

How many times did doomed Titan sub travel to the wreckage of the Titanic before disaster struck | Daily Mail Online

On 6/26/2023 at 7:06 PM, hoorta said:

Hehe, compared to Donnie, Biden is a saint. DJT apparently likes to peruse top secret classified documents when he's sitting on his crapper.  :D 

No he's really not.

Aside from that, no credit to Trump for appointing Supreme Court justices which resulted in shooting down Affirmative Action, college loan forgiveness, and overturning Roe vs. Wade leaving abortion up to the states where it belongs?

My guess is no, that you're no different than the liberal demonrat scum that supports that shit.

Peace OUT.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:33 PM, hoorta said:

Obviously, you didn't open Steve's link. What the fuck does that have to do with the media stringing out the story for 3-4 days to distract from the idiot you voted for.

It was announced by the US Navy, that the explosion occurred Sunday which would have killed all those aboard. Pieces and parts of the sub all over the ocean floor.

Peace OUT, ya buffoon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, hammertime said:

I thought this sub had been down to the wreckage before?

Whens the new knee?

really? I didn't know that. been too busy, I guess. New knee is in one week. It will be robotic-assisted. This enables amazing accuracy, smaller incisions, fast recovery - and you go home about six hrs hr. The same day. The very best robotic system there is. I did ask my surgeon, who is very highly rated.... when we met with him, if the robotic system precluded him from using the best artificial knee on the market - he said the one they use is proprietary, only uses one knee, he said "great question - the only knee they use, several advanced studies have shown, is the very best knee."

He said he was startled at how much worse my knee was after the CAT scan 3-D showed a lot of damage that x-rays would never show.

For the first time in my life, I will have two terrific knees. I told him after I get done with phys therapy, I was thinking to go back to hs and play tootball, rb, just for one game. Yeah, it's good to have a surgeon and a Wife that laugh at your jokes. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

really? I didn't know that. been too busy, I guess. New knee is in one week. It will be robotic-assisted. This enables amazing accuracy, smaller incisions, fast recovery - and you go home about six hrs hr. The same day. The very best robotic system there is. I did ask my surgeon, who is very highly rated.... when we met with him, if the robotic system precluded him from using the best artificial knee on the market - he said the one they use is proprietary, only uses one knee, he said "great question - the only knee they use, several advanced studies have shown, is the very best knee."

He said he was startled at how much worse my knee was after the CAT scan 3-D showed a lot of damage that x-rays would never show.

For the first time in my life, I will have two terrific knees. I told him after I get done with phys therapy, I was thinking to go back to hs and play tootball, rb, just for one game. Yeah, it's good to have a surgeon and a Wife that laugh at your jokes. Thanks.

Hoorta could take a lesson here, Cal admitted he didn't know something instead of twisting things just to argue lol.

That's pretty cool with the knee. I work with a guy that has bad arthritis in both knees, mind if I ask who the doctor is?

On 6/30/2023 at 3:44 PM, FY56 said:

No he's really not.

Aside from that, no credit to Trump for appointing Supreme Court justices which resulted in shooting down Affirmative Action, college loan forgiveness, and overturning Roe vs. Wade leaving abortion up to the states where it belongs?

My guess is no, that you're no different than the liberal demonrat scum that supports that shit.

Peace OUT.

And you'd be DEAD WRONG.  How many times do I have to post here for you short attention spans that I'm 100% pro life?  & I pretty much support those decisions? Golly Gee- the Orange menace has driven us moderate republicans out to the sidelines. We're RINOS don't ya know, because we won't kiss Trumps puckered up ass. LOL...  Or you want to try and debate me on the mental instability of this ass clown?  :D Malignant narcissist, pathological liar.   God help the MAGA cult- they want this loose cannon in charge of the nuclear football again.  :( 

Maybe Cal & Co. need to realize DJT's continual insults and lies aren't playing very well in Peoria anymore.