THE BROWNS BOARD

Supreme Court knocks down Biden’s student-debt forgiveness plan

23 hours ago, Jax said:

Unless someone doesn’t like you. Or what you are

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh right, none of you understand how modern college works, tuition costs, inflation, etc etc

These threads always remind me of that

It's not just "modern college" though.

Colleges have always raised tuition 5-6% a year for the better part of 40 years. Most folks may get a 2 or 3% pay raise yearly. Colleges have extorted us.

That, to me at least is the issue....colleges grabbing more than their "fair share" of the market. 

Yes, I graduated from college in 1985, paid off my loans. 

My other rant on this is for folks who went to trade schools ( I don't know how much those cost)- the silly debt forgiveness on college loans only give the optics that trade schools are unimportant. If a person needs to take out a loan(s) for the prospect of making their life better, then ALL those loans need to be paid off, or ALL need forgiveness. Don't draw a line in the sand. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

It's not just "modern college" though.

Colleges have always raised tuition 5-6% a year for the better part of 40 years. Most folks may get a 2 or 3% pay raise yearly. Colleges have extorted us.

That, to me at least is the issue....colleges grabbing more than their "fair share" of the market. 

Yes, I graduated from college in 1985, paid off my loans. 

My other rant on this is for folks who went to trade schools ( I don't know how much those cost)- the silly debt forgiveness on college loans only give the optics that trade schools are unimportant. If a person needs to take out a loan(s) for the prospect of making their life better, then ALL those loans need to be paid off, or ALL need forgiveness. Don't draw a line in the sand. 

I went through Trade School sponsored by the JTPA at no cost to me because I am a person with disabilities or so they deemed my situation because I'm blind in one eye and profoundly hearing impaired since infancy... However.. I did land a job and paid my taxes like everyone else untill I had a stroke that impaired my right side and got full disability benefits because of that and my visual impairments... But that said.. There are people with college degrees flipping burgers in fast food joints... At least my certification allowed me to work several types of maintenance and repair jobs and construction which was a benefit on my resume/applications.. Then eventually was in business with my father.. I worked hard and am damn proud of it... Never was afraid to get my hands dirty and do an honest days work...

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh right, none of you understand how modern college works, tuition costs, inflation, etc etc

You say the dumbest things, anything to make it twist to whatever delusional crap in your propagandist little mind.

Inflation is on the idiot you elected, enjoy.

Modern? It's always been expensive and it's always been a burden to pay back, the answer lies in the college cost and loan terms, not giving free hand outs from the taxpayers. If people want to pull themselves up, as everyone does, it's on them to do it. I too had to go to college at night while I worked day turns. No one handed me anything and I went to a community college, nothing special, and I didn't cry over a bunch of bullshit excuses.

Sure there are those that can afford bigger and better schools, maybe because of generational wealth, but that's ok. I'm not part of that crowd but you don't need a Harvard degree to be a lawyer.

Furthermore, many of us have kids that go to college, so explain how the older lot wouldn't understand?? You can't because as you always do, you say things that aren't true and talk out of your ass like it's a fact.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Unless someone doesn’t like you. Or what you are

You mean, not accept you with your 4.0 grade average because they had to make room for someone that barely passed high school all because you didn't fit the description?

Thankfully, the SC just put a stop to this discrimination.

Biden knew all along his debt forgiveness wouldn't pass, even Pelosi stated as such in 2021.

This was all a crap show to garner votes, and now you watch all the suckers that thought taxpayers owed them anything cry.

But don't worry, they're not giving up and will fight for you as they come out with another plan, all you have to do is vote them in again during the next election cycle.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jax said:

You mean, not accept you with your 4.0 grade average because they had to make room for someone that barely passed high school all because you didn't fit the description?

That’s one example. They fixed that. But there are still plenty of people that are not treated equal

20 hours ago, Vambo said:

Nearly half of student loan forgiveness recipients will use relief to go on vacation

https://www.intelligent.com/nearly-half-of-student-loan-forgiveness-recipients-will-use-relief-to-go-on-vacation/

73% of Student Loan Borrowers Would Spend More on Travel & Other Non-Essentials After Debt Relief

Oh right, none of you understand how modern college works, tuition costs, inflation, etc e

I see what you did there !  LOLOLOL 😂😂

2 hours ago, Jax said:

You say the dumbest things, anything to make it twist to whatever delusional crap in your propagandist little mind.

Inflation is on the idiot you elected, enjoy.

Modern? It's always been expensive and it's always been a burden to pay back, the answer lies in the college cost and loan terms, not giving free hand outs from the taxpayers. If people want to pull themselves up, as everyone does, it's on them to do it. I too had to go to college at night while I worked day turns. No one handed me anything and I went to a community college, nothing special, and I didn't cry over a bunch of bullshit excuses.

Sure there are those that can afford bigger and better schools, maybe because of generational wealth, but that's ok. I'm not part of that crowd but you don't need a Harvard degree to be a lawyer.

Furthermore, many of us have kids that go to college, so explain how the older lot wouldn't understand?? You can't because as you always do, you say things that aren't true and talk out of your ass like it's a fact.

Oh right, inflation has only existed for the past few years. Genius

Definitely no need to look up how college tuition costs have increased compared to everything else...

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Oh, darling, you have no idea what you're talking about. How precious 

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Definitely no need to look up how college tuition costs have increased compared to everything else...

So does this mean you're in favor of college loan forgiveness? Speak up!

21 minutes ago, FY56 said:

That is not a valid argument. It says you're the one not knowing what you're talking about.

Of course he doesn't.. He ovulates like a dumb broad......

Uggh, you're so dumb.

21 hours ago, MLD Woody said: