THE BROWNS BOARD

Climate change: World's hottest day since records began

MLD Woody

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/overwhelming-consensus-climate-change-crisis-is-manufactured-says/

While the scientific community widely accepts that the Earth’s climate is changing and humans are playing a significant role, Judith A. Curry, a prominent American climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, questions the prevailing narrative.

In a recent interview with New York Post‘s John Stossel, Curry presents her perspective that the “overwhelming consensus” is largely “manufactured.”

“It’s a manufactured consensus,” Curry told Stossel. She points to a system where scientists gain more recognition, and subsequently, more funding by promoting catastrophic scenarios.

This ‘alarmism,’ she asserted, plays a pivotal role in shaping their careers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This all regresses into climate deniers thinking they know more than experts.

That’s because the “experts” have been wrong every time in the past.

A fact that you don’t take into consideration.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/extreme-weather-events-have-increased-significantly-in-the-last-20-years#:~:text=Climate-related disasters jumped 83,droughts%2C wildfires%2C and heatwaves.

Climate-related disasters jumped 83 percent — from 3,656 events during the 1980-1999 period to 6,681 in the past 20 years. Major floods have more than doubled, the number of severe storms has risen 40 percent, and there have been major increases in droughts, wildfires, and heatwaves.

nice try, but it's still bogus.

I did not ask "climate-related disasters".

I ASKED : "Hey, Woody - name one global climate disaster prediction that came true."

Yale? How about this?

• Feb 8, 2022Climate change is increasingly seen as the cause of natural catastrophes, from floods to famines. But a growing number of scientists are cautioning that blaming disasters solely on climate overlooks the poor policy and planning decisions that make these events much worse. One balmy summer evening in mid-July last year, the tiny river Kyll ...

' “Stop blaming the climate for disasters,” says Friederike Otto of Imperial College London, a climatologist who is co-founder of World Weather Attribution, an international collaboration of scientists dedicated to identifying the underlying causes of weather-related disasters. She is determined to call out climate change where it contributes to disaster but cautions that “disasters occur when hazards [such as climate change] meet vulnerability.” And vulnerability has many causes, including bad water or forest management, unplanned urbanization, and social injustices that leave the poor and marginalized at risk.

The danger too, she concluded in a paper in January with Emmanuel Raju, a disaster researcher at the University of Copenhagen, and Emily Boyd of Lund University in Sweden, is that knee-jerk attribution of disasters to climate change creates “a politically convenient crisis narrative … [that] paves a subtle exit path for those responsible for creating vulnerability.” '

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This all regresses into climate deniers thinking they know more than experts. Which is a dangerous trend shown by many conservatives. And one that affects us all unfortunately. 

You get partial truths to outright lies screamed at you by right wing propaganda outlets and that's enough for you to ignore a consensus of climatologists and scientific organizations

Hey, if you treated doctors the same way, this would be less of a problem... 

so, Woody, LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS say that they need to STOP BLAMING mmgw on disasters.

Have a nice day for once.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

That’s because the “experts” have been wrong every time in the past.

A fact that you don’t take into consideration.

An article on RedState that paraphrases an article from Fox that misrepresents an article from a scientific magazine that paraphrases it from a scientific study isn't the evidence you think it is. 

Consensus of scientists

Every reputable scientific organization

Rising temps, rising sea level, increased extreme weather

Etc etc etc

This issue has been politicized so you follow politics and not science. 

No different than conservatives saying asinine shit about COVID because a "Dr" that works at an urgi care in a strip mall grifted and said some shit they agree with

As always, I hope you don't fuck stuff up too much before you go

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

nice try, but it's still bogus.

I did not ask "climate-related disasters".

I ASKED : "Hey, Woody - name one global climate disaster prediction that came true."

Yale? How about this?

• Feb 8, 2022Climate change is increasingly seen as the cause of natural catastrophes, from floods to famines. But a growing number of scientists are cautioning that blaming disasters solely on climate overlooks the poor policy and planning decisions that make these events much worse. One balmy summer evening in mid-July last year, the tiny river Kyll ...

' “Stop blaming the climate for disasters,” says Friederike Otto of Imperial College London, a climatologist who is co-founder of World Weather Attribution, an international collaboration of scientists dedicated to identifying the underlying causes of weather-related disasters. She is determined to call out climate change where it contributes to disaster but cautions that “disasters occur when hazards [such as climate change] meet vulnerability.” And vulnerability has many causes, including bad water or forest management, unplanned urbanization, and social injustices that leave the poor and marginalized at risk.

The danger too, she concluded in a paper in January with Emmanuel Raju, a disaster researcher at the University of Copenhagen, and Emily Boyd of Lund University in Sweden, is that knee-jerk attribution of disasters to climate change creates “a politically convenient crisis narrative … [that] paves a subtle exit path for those responsible for creating vulnerability.” '

- you should read the whole article

- any act by the government to prepare for disasters would be met with screams of "communism! deep state!" but you and these other brain dead morons

- poor planning can make a hurricane worse, but it isn't going to make more hurricanes happen 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

- any act by the government to prepare for disasters would be met with screams of "communism! deep state!" but you and these other brain dead morons

- poor planning can make a hurricane worse, but it isn't going to make more hurricanes happen 

And man doesn't make a hurricane but we do make climate circles if you need one.

• Upvote 1

You calling people a moron is very funny.

The earth has been warming and cooling for centuries, THAT is a science FACT…unless you want to dispute that?

Sounds like you are the one that’s politicizing this nonsense.

BTW, you’ve never answered the question of how does giving the Europeans billions cool the planet? Do they control the planetary thermostat?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

An article on RedState that paraphrases an article from Fox that misrepresents an article from a scientific magazine that paraphrases it from a scientific study isn't the evidence you think it is. 

Consensus of scientists

Every reputable scientific organization

Rising temps, rising sea level, increased extreme weather

Etc etc etc

No different than conservatives saying asinine shit about COVID because a "Dr" that works at an urgi care in a strip mall grifted and said some shit they agree with

As always, I hope you don't fuck stuff up too much before you go

The same ones that thought it was a good idea to put sick patients in nursing homes?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I read the whole article - it was about a climate EXPERT contradicting you.

You should go back and read your whole denial of ever saying "moron" - in your reply to Steve.

Go squawk yourself.

This is misdirection nonsense. Stop pecking on the mirror and simply answer my question legitimately:

"Hey, Woody - name one global climate disaster prediction that came true."

It's really my fault for trying to debate a pack of science denying donkeys. Saying shit like "the earth has always warmed and cooled!" like it's ske scientific breakthrough. Tell me about the sun next. Christ. 

I'll never be able to play whack a mole debunking the nonsense posted by a bunch of politically blinded, social media brainwashed, retired with too much time on their hands old men. 

There's a consensus. Every reputable group agrees. We're seeing the effects. 

You continue to perform gold medal level mental gymnastics because you've been completely politicized. 

And yes, your responses will be berry, very political. But again, I should have known better. 

Remember, it is best you start disregarding experts across the board. From climatologists to doctors. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite 

woodpecker - the articles are quotes by CLIMATE EXPERTS DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING YOUR NONSENSE.

Your orgs go broke if they defy the UN mandates on conforming to their usual poltical dogma called "man made global warming".

seriously, it is SO fake, they had to change it to "climate change" because the other was bs and too many folks knew it.

LOL:

image.jpeg.5b049b1f64e5c5deec0d126cbf5165ef.jpeg

You used to think the climate wasn't changing at all

Then you agreed it was, but that humans weren't playing a role

Now you more or less agree they are, but are focusing in on the extreme way some folks talk about it, etc

It's progress

I mean, you'll be dead before you're actually believing anything that's beneficial

But progress nonetheless 

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Now you more or less agree they are, but are focusing in on the extreme way some folks talk about it, etc

It's progress

I mean, you'll be dead before you're actually believing anything that's beneficial

But progress nonetheless 

And chances are IF your assumptions are correct, your great grandkids will be dead before anything happens.

50 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

And chances are IF your assumptions are correct, your great grandkids will be dead before anything happens.

One positive note is that when the Democrats and the people who support them have turned the United States into a third world country we can apply for status as an emerging Nation and avoid all those EPA worldwide restrictions.

WSS 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's progress

But progress nonetheless 

When the Chinese take us over they will do away with all EPA guidelines.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's really my fault for trying to debate a pack of science denying donkeys. Saying shit like "the earth has always warmed and cooled!" like it's ske scientific breakthrough. Tell me about the sun next. Christ. 

I'll never be able to play whack a mole debunking the nonsense posted by a bunch of politically blinded, social media brainwashed, retired with too much time on their hands old men. 

There's a consensus. Every reputable group agrees. We're seeing the effects. 

You continue to perform gold medal level mental gymnastics because you've been completely politicized. 

And yes, your responses will be berry, very political. But again, I should have known better. 

Remember, it is best you start disregarding experts across the board. From climatologists to doctors. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite 

In other words, you don't have shit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's progress

But progress nonetheless 

What a bunch of dumb things to say.

Who the hell didn't think the climate changes? You really do say whatever.

1 hour ago, Jax said:

What a bunch of dumb things to say.

Who the hell didn't think the climate changes? You really do say whatever.

Members of this board were convinced temps weren't rising. 

As my previous post stated, they've slowly walked back their stance over the years 

43 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If you choose to disagree with a consensus of experts and scientific organizations then I'm not changing your mind

Your “experts” were warning of the coming ice age before you were born.

Carry on Pecker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

If you choose to disagree with a consensus of experts and scientific organizations then I'm not changing your mind

You have serious mental issues.

you seriously think your better than anyone that doesn’t believe what ‘the experts’ spew.

you do realize nobody knows everything.  We are

all wrong once in a while.

you are a prime example that a college degree isn’t worth crap without common sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You used to think the climate wasn't changing at allThen you agreed it was, but that humans weren't playing a roleNow you more or less agree they are, but are focusing in on the extreme way some folks talk about it, etcIt's progress

I mean, you'll be dead before you're actually believing anything that's beneficialBut progress nonetheless 

grow up, chicken bird. Nobody ever denied that climate changes. We've talked about the ice age, etc forever.

It's "man made global warming" and the fake hysteria that is in discussion.

It's about the re-distribution of wealth in the world. money. to poor countries, poor people - for votes. That comes as an admission by a UN official.

Above, you will see that there are EXPERTS who say it's not true, the crap dished out - but there is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made, by hawking the bs you squawk about.

again - NAME ONE MMGW DIRE CASTASTROPHIC PREDICTION THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.