THE BROWNS BOARD

Players getting PAID

Korsou Dawg

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I have often said that anything but a Superbowl win is a failed season. So if we are going to stick it on individual players, all of our players since the 1964 championship team have been complete failures.

Exactly.

People trying to make the next few years out to be a special kind of fuck up, even worse than the usual non-Super Bowl winning Browns seasons all tend to be guys who were solidly on the Baker Bandwagon. 

Now, that doesn't mean we can't look at the trade as a bad one, don't get that twisted. But this team wasn't winning poop with Baker or some middling rookie QB the Browns would have had without the Watson trade either. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ballpeen said:

What did Sipe do...he didn't win a Superbowl, he's a schmuck.

Bernie, he didn't win, he is just a clod.

Geezuz that's harsh.  Bernie gave his heart and soul for our team.  He took us to multiple AFC Championship games.  

Only one team can win the super bowl.  So, I guess, every other team should cut everyone on the team and start from scratch.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Geezuz that's harsh.  Bernie gave his heart and soul for our team.  He took us to multiple AFC Championship games.  

Only one team can win the super bowl.  So, I guess, every other team should cut everyone on the team and start from scratch.

Cowboys haven't won one in 28 years. You can hear desperation in Jerry Jones these days. Never should have run off his former Arky roommate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

ballpeen is making the same exact point you are.

Re-read what he said. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:21 AM, Orion said:

Which of course, is not true.  Else we have a complete failure currently being enshrined in the HOF.

My reply said I don't disagree.

My point is if we are going to hold individual players as complete failures as Nickers suggests, in this case Watson, then we need to do that with everybody.  Not just single out one player we may not like.  I like all the players I previously mentioned, but if winning the Superbowl is the standard of measure, none measure up and were complete failures.

Hopefully that makes it clear.

Which of course, is not true.  Else we have a complete failure currently being enshrined in the HOF.

My point is if we are going to hold individual players as complete failures as Nickers suggests, in this case Watson, then we need to do that with everybody.  Not just single out one player we may not like.  I like all the players I previously mentioned, but if winning the Superbowl is the standard of measure, none measure up and were complete failures.

To make it clearer, I don't think you can hold any one individual accountable for a Superbowl win.  Teams are who win a Superbowl.  Same with losing.

To make it clearer, I don't think you can hold any one individual accountable for a Superbowl win.  Teams are who win a Superbowl.  Same with losing.  You win as a team, you lose as a team.  End of story.

My point is if we are going to hold individual players as complete failures as Nickers suggests, in this case Watson, then we need to do that with everybody.  Not just single out one player we may not like.  I like all the players I previously mentioned, but if winning the Superbowl is the standard of measure, none measure up and were complete failures, again, if winning the Superbowl is the measure of success.

To make it clearer, I don't think you can hold any one individual accountable for a Superbowl win.  Teams are who win a Superbowl.  Same with losing.  You win as a team, you lose as a team.  End of story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

My point is if we are going to hold individual players as complete failures as Nickers suggests, in this case Watson, then we need to do that with everybody.  Not just single out one player we may not like.  I like all the players I previously mentioned, but if winning the Superbowl is the standard of measure, none measure up and were complete failures, again, if winning the Superbowl is the measure of success.

For what we gave up to get him... And the money were paying him... No excuses... I'm tired of if comes and but what ifs and all the other BS... We gave this asshole a kings ransom.. I expect a Kings ransom worth of results... You can't cheat your way to a championship... I'm not saying Watson has to do it all by himself.. Yes I know its a team fucking game... If he proves me wrong.. Great then we all win... Until that happens.. Or not... It's all talk to me... Yeah.. I make no bones about it.. I don't like Haslam.. And I don't like Watson.. But as my father always said... Assholes will eventually find each other...

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Ah, ballpeen we already have cal to give us multiple explanations in a row. One is enough. LOL!🤣

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, nickers said:

For what we gave up to get him... And the money were paying him... No excuses... I'm tired of if comes and but what ifs and all the other BS... We gave this asshole a kings ransom.. I expect a Kings ransom worth of results... You can't cheat your way to a championship... I'm not saying Watson has to do it all by himself.. Yes I know its a team fucking game... If he proves me wrong.. Great then we all win... Until that happens.. Or not... It's all talk to me... Yeah.. I make no bones about it.. I don't like Haslam.. And I don't like Watson.. But as my father always said... Assholes will eventually find each other...

LOL....I have always said that assholes always release a lot of gas....

As for what we are paying...just look around the league.  Watson is maybe the 6th highest paid QB.  As for the guarantee, all those contracts are guaranteed. Teams don't release those QB's.  All of them play out the full term.  Even if they get hurt the team stick with them for a few years.  I think you are getting fluffed up over a word and not looking at the reality of the matter.

As for not liking him or Haslam, I can respect that.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, ballpeen we already have cal to give us multiple explanations in a row. One is enough. LOL!🤣

haha...well, when someone doesn't seem to understand, I feel the need to clarify.  If you don't need the clarification, just move on.  That is what I do.  It saves time.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Watson is maybe the 6th highest paid QB.  As for the guarantee, all those contracts are guaranteed. Teams don't release those QB's. 

Truth.  Perhaps we were the first team to put the guarantee in writing because we have Trigguh-Finguh-Jimmuh.  (although he does that only to HC's & GM's)

....and don't ever call Bernie a Clod again.  :)   Big Bird, ok.  Clod, no.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Truth.  Perhaps we were the first team to put the guarantee in writing because we have Trigguh-Finguh-Jimmuh.  (although he does that only to HC's & GM's)

....and don't ever call Bernie a Clod again.  :)   Big Bird, ok.  Clod, no.  

I always called Bernie "Pizza Feet"

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2023 at 8:56 AM, nickers said:

I always called Bernie "Pizza Feet"

Imagine if he was fleet afoot.  I mean, he had everything else you need.  He was tall, smart (never fooled by a defense), a strong enough arm, accurate enough...and a real 'team' guy.  He'd do anything for his team mates.  He'd be in the HOF.

Just now, Orion said:

Imagine if he was fleet afoot.  I mean, he had everything else you need.  He was tall, smart (never fooled by a defense), a strong enough arm, accurate enough...and a real 'team' guy.  He'd do anything for his team mates.  He'd be in the HOF.

Agreed!