THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign Veteran DT Shelby Harris

TypicalBrowns50

The Cleveland Browns have finally added the final piece to their defensive tackle room on the heels of their second preseason game against the Washington Commanders, inking veteran Shelby Harris to a one-year deal. Harris, who visited the Browns last week, signs a deal worth up to $5.25 million in incentives. Jordan Schultz broke the news.

The look of the Cleveland defensive line has dramatically changed in a calendar year. From Taven Bryan and Jordan Elliott to Dalvin Tomlinson and Harris up front, the Browns continue to push all of their chips to the middle of the table in 2023.

And with Jim Schwartz now leading the defensive side of the football, that unit may finally perform like one of the top in the league.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-ink-veteran-dt-shelby-234234319.html

• Thanks 1

I get the feeling if Anthony Schwartz played on Jim Schwartz defense? He'd already be gone. Jim's playing chess skipping checkers w/this defense.

Jim proved his point to Berry, by moving Jordan Elliott to late reps vs Jets, that Elliott did nothing with vs Jets 3's. Jim can't trust Elliott nor a Rookie Ika (i'm fine with) at this point getting starting DT reps

Maybe a slight overpay for 1 year? but media in Dallas thought 5M would land Shelby Harris on a fair 1 year deal 

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-shelby-harris-twitter-reacts/

Suh must be holding his cards till he see's a SB favorite again ?  stay tuned SuH !   

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 5:57 AM, ballpeen said:

I think most of us would like to rediscover our 2017 form.

How about our 1987 form ?   Or maybe 1977 ?   Nope, aIn't happening.     :lol: