THE BROWNS BOARD

Dumbest Bastard I ever met.

I am on a recumbent bike at the gym when a 60 ish guy stars talking to the old farts on the two bikes next to me.

They start talking football, and I overhear the guy not working out say that the Browns never won a championship, and, get this......were originally the Baltimore Colts but moved in 2000.

I correct this sphincter and show him my picture w Jim Brown in 1962. He responds to me....oh, that's you and Nick Chubb.

Yes I was 7 years old when we signed Chubb. Then the moron tells me that it was Eric Metcafe in the  Met-cafay was his pronunciation. 

I joked with the guy, gave him a few pointers, but also told them that he would lose to shit on Jeopardy.

Then....yep....he tells me he is a Steeler fan.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am on a recumbent bike at the gym when a 60 ish guy stars talking to the old farts on the two bikes next to me.

They start talking football, and I overhear the guy not working out say that the Browns never won a championship, and, get this......were originally the Baltimore Colts but moved in 2000.

I correct this sphincter and show him my picture w Jim Brown in 1962. He responds to me....oh, that's you and Nick Chubb.

Yes I was 7 years old when we signed Chubb. Then the moron tells me that it was Eric Metcafe in the  Met-cafay was his pronunciation. 

I joked with the guy, gave him a few pointers, but also told them that he would lose to shit on Jeopardy.

Then....yep....he tells me he is a Steeler fan.

I thought cal was a Tampa Bay fan now.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Once a person establishes themself as a simpleton, I just find a way to remove myself from the conversation and let them carry on with their simple minded life.

Yeah, but you never know what you may have missed. 😁

• Upvote 1

That would be fist pumping Ray Farmer walking thru the crowds at the Philly NFL draft...

Beer in left hand, tossed browns towel in right hand on my head to do so 🤯  😆 (quick reaction classic move..Not sorry)

On 8/12/2023 at 11:36 AM, ballpeen said:

Once a person establishes themself as a simpleton, I just find a way to remove myself from the conversation and let them carry on with their simple minded life.

Yes ..... it shows why I don't get involved in these  cartoon contests especially when they can not even spell the word  tailgate,  a big pass for me.   

tail·gate.  /ˈtālˌɡāt/   noun
  1. 1.   a hinged flap at the back of a truck that can be lowered or removed when loading or unloading the vehicle.   ○  the door at the back of a station wagon.

31 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

IMG_3224.jpeg)

Actually gaite is not a word in an English dictionary.   Urban dictionaries are more or less  "slang"  but interesting to talk about. 

Gait is a word,  tailgate  is a word ...... just FYI or maybe playing crosswords or Scrabble.   (definitely  not in the Scrabble dictionary )

But this is  The BROWNS BOARD where things are a bit less strict here.   :)

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually gaite is not a word in an English dictionary.   Urban dictionaries are more or less  "slang"  but interesting to talk about. 

Gait is a word,  tailgate  is a word ...... just FYI or maybe playing crosswords or Scrabble.   (definitely  not in the Scrabble dictionary )

Or it can be construed as a compound word.

Tail + gaite let your conscious be your guide.

11 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Or it can be construed as a compound word.

Tail + gaite let your conscious be your guide.

If football games are 60 minutes long - how come it takes us 3 hours to watch 60 minutes?  I've tried it without the tailgate, and it still takes 3 hours.  When our team was going 0-16 - that 3 hours felt long as Hell. 

Welcome to Summer school folks!  I am your teacher; so give your soul to God because your ass belongs to me...

• Haha 2

English Translation of "gaîté" | The official Collins French-English Dictionary online. Over 100,000 English translations of French words and phrases.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, mjp28 said:

Yes,  back to  The BROWNS BOARD  where things are definitely a bit less strict here  ...... and more fun.  And of course ........

GO BROWNS  !     :D     

On 8/15/2023 at 6:54 AM, Flugel said:

If football games are 60 minutes long - how come it takes us 3 hours to watch 60 minutes?  I've tried it without the tailgate, and it still takes 3 hours.  When our team was going 0-16 - that 3 hours felt long as Hell.   How true !

Welcome to Summer school folks!  I am your teacher; so give your soul to God because your ass belongs to me...  And funny too, now class ......

Well I guess that we can say that the HOF GAME  +  three weeks of preseason  P1, P2 and P3  are pretty much our summer school before the  " real football season "  starts !

Preseason  P2  coming up soon.  ● Remember our BROWNS had a free  P Zero game,  the HOF Game. ● Aug.  WON   21-16  !

X Aug. 11 Commanders Fri. 7:30 p.m.The "LAST" Home Game  - and - the Cleveland Guardians are in Tampa Bay , LOST 15-17  ....  just  FYI.  P1.  
■ Aug.17 at Eagles Thu  7:30 p.m.  In PHI on Thursday Night  P2  ■  
Aug. 26 at Chiefs

Sat. 1 p.m.      The LAST Preseason Game. P3

" Are you ready for some  real  football "  .....  oh yeah  !      September  football.     :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

And why when the Browns are ahead with 2 miniutes left in the game, does it take 45 minutes for the game to end?

It just seems that long because the Browns have 45 ways to manufacture defeat from the jaws of victory.💩

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:54 AM, Flugel said:

If football games are 60 minutes long - how come it takes us 3 hours to watch 60 minutes?  I've tried it without the tailgate, and it still takes 3 hours.  When our team was going 0-16 - that 3 hours felt long as Hell. 

Welcome to Summer school folks!  I am your teacher; so give your soul to God because your ass belongs to me...

Imagine how long the games are for Syd, who has to watch them in slow motion so he can keep up!

Just fucking off Syd, I love ya man!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

And why when the Browns are ahead with 2 miniutes left in the game, does it take 45 minutes for the game to end?

Great question!   When John Elway was the QB, that last 2 minutes felt like an hour.  If that wasn't enough; then we had to gag on the overtime.   

I'm still really pissed at the knucklehead that threw batteries at Elway a couple years later; BECAUSE HE FREAKIN MISSED!  

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I understand that sometimes you just get trapped in to it.

The funny thing is the Steeler fan was probably thinking he had to save Ghoolie; when it was actually Ghoolie that had to see what kind of miracle he could pull off helping the Steelhead out in just 9 minutes... 

Edited by Flugel

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I had 9 minutes on the recumbent bike left

I hear ya.  Way back in 98 when I first started posting on the AOL Browns Board, I had 3 TOS violations in my 1st week. The lady they had in charge of babysitting us told me I can't talk like I was in a locker-room so she gave me a choice of running the Browns chat room on Sunday Nights or serve a temporary suspension.  So I told Boo (that was her screen name) I would agree to running the chat.  That was like letting Bart Simpson or Eddie Haskell babysit a bunch of Hell raisers.

Needless to say, the Honor Roll of Pittsburgh showed up to one of our chats.  One of them proclaimed "We're gonna sweep your ass in 99." I had to remind him to stop confusing "we're gonna" with "we still haven't."  As fate would have it - they split the series in 99.    Another glue sniffer proceeded to tell me "the Steelers have the hottest looking cheerleaders in the NFL."  I had to tell the guy "those aren't cheerleaders - they're security guards."   

It was entertaining as long as I reminded myself there was no chance at intelligent conversation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2