THE BROWNS BOARD

Practice Squad

gumby73

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I remember saying at the time MakeMeSick was drafted, What happened?  Did everyone go to the bathroom and the computer made the pick?  (although, the computer was probably too smart to make that pick)

Wasn't the guy's career ended by concussions?

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wasn't the guy's career ended by concussions?

He only played two seasons.

So, like a complete fool, I just looked up his stats.  He had more kickoff return yards (4 for 46) than yards from scrimmage (39).  A waste of a 4th round pick.  I think the idea was to try and throw to the FB more often.  Like the guy from the 49'ers, Rathman?  He wore #44.  And our FB, though a great blocker, was not someone you could throw to.  And so MakeMeSick caught 5 passes for 31 yards on 11 targets.  -  We've had so many bad HC / GM tandems.  

47 minutes ago, Orion said:

He only played two seasons.

So, like a complete fool, I just looked up his stats.  He had more kickoff return yards (4 for 46) than yards from scrimmage (39).  A waste of a 4th round pick.  I think the idea was to try and throw to the FB more often.  Like the guy from the 49'ers, Rathman?  He wore #44.  And our FB, though a great blocker, was not someone you could throw to.  And so MakeMeSick caught 5 passes for 31 yards on 11 targets.  -  We've had so many bad HC / GM tandems.  

The nickname Makemesick is killing me.  I had to google him to find out if he’s playing the Arena League but he’s an Ortho Surgeon Resident according to LinkedIn I should have known better with that Stanford education. 

I almost forgot about him because we drafted guys like Manziel (who should be (makemesick), Justin Gilbert, Trent Richardson (although the Colts bailed us out but we deserved it - Sorgi starting fools), Barky Mingo (Makemesick part 2)…and I’m not even out of the first round. 

Agree Awful pick.  I am going to admit I didn’t cheer any of these picks…maybe a small fist pump for Richardson that went away after the week 2 Bengals game 

Keep reading about our passing options coming out of the backfield. But I don't feel we have a  Kareem  Hunt= RB, that can pass-pro/chip any Watt out of our backfield

Read Nick Harris played some FB at Camp ?

and Elijah Moore's not going back there to pass pro anyone?

Does anyone feel this team should add a real blocking FB to the PS?

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

Keep reading about our passing options coming out of the backfield. But I don't feel we have a  Kareem  Hunt= RB, that can pass-pro/chip any Watt out of our backfield

Read Nick Harris played some FB at Camp ?

and Elijah Moore's not going back there to pass pro anyone?

Does anyone feel this team should add a blocking FB to the PS?

A blocking Fullback? 

Do those even exist anymore?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A blocking Fullback? 

Do those even exist anymore?

I've not* seen Akins TE X-back blocking ability. But I've seen Harrison Bryant's ability at it & it's normally followed by not good results 

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I've not* seen Akins TE X-back blocking ability. But I've seen Harrison Bryant's ability at it & it's normally followed by not good results 

Akins was brought in as a familiar pass catcher for Watson.  I read something that he’s a liability as a blocker and we haven’t seen him enough to confirm or deny that label.  I don’t see why he can’t lineup at the TE spot and chip a pass rusher.  

23 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I almost forgot about him because we drafted guys like .... Barky Mingo (Makemesick part 2

Yeah, but Mingo was a very high 1st rounder.   I remember ballpeen posting right after he was picked, "Geeze, the guy doesn't even play the position we drafted him for!"

......poetic justice that MakeMeSick became a surgeon to UnMakeMeSick....    :)

--------

I'm glad AJ Green is back with the team. (PS)

To elaborate on AJ Green.  I don't think that he's all that good.  But, if you have injuries, and you have to bring him in...he's not terrible.  You could do a lot worse than him...and he's been around the team for a while now...he knows the culture, the players, etc.  I understand that they're trying to improve upon him...and that they brought in a guy.  But until you're sure that he's better than Green, I'm glad they were able to get Green back with the team.  

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 featured this topic