THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Bengals @ Browns

Orion

14 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?

Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country. 

Edit....here's a link

https://www.bengals.com/broadcast/radio

I’ll do 700 if l have to. I was hoping to get the Browns radio feed though and l figure that’s my better shot coming from WV anyway. 

I think you’re right about AM being my best bet. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.

But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE. 

White water rafting on the New River? 

Yep! Cincy born and raised, Browns fandom inherited from me pops who grew up in Van Wert, Oh. Dating’s tough in the middle age years man. 

The gal and l have a running joke that l’m going to convert her to Browns fandom. Little does she know it’s not a joke though. Mua ha ha… I’ll tell her “it’ll start off slow, like you’ll find yourself yourself rooting for the Browns when they’re NOT playing the Bengals. But then next thing you know…”

The Michigan thing isn’t really a dealbreaker for me. I’ve done my fair share of rooting for Ohio State but no college football team has that upper level of in investment for me. 

Doing the Gauley river! It’ll be trip number 5 for me. Super fun, it’s a hell raiser. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IBleedbrown- GF/Wife as a bengals fan not ideal but certainly not IMO a dealbreaker.  Now Steelers no way no how…you should end it as soon as you realize…and go home and shower and scrub the yinz off yourself.

Back to game…the Browns offense foreshadowed something in the preseason that I think is going to be effective and we are going to see it week 1.  We’ve had Elijah Moore lineup in the backfield and against man coverage we’ve seen him pull a DB or Safety away from coverage allowing others to feast…most notably Njoku on his TD against the Chiefs.  And the Bengals roll in with new secondary pieces (lovely!!!) We got guys that can win matchups when Moore is that shiny decoy.  Now if the LB decides to take Moore good luck.   This was Hunts job but he wasn’t scary to a safety or DB or even beating LBs consistently.  So upgrade for sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

This was Hunts job but he wasn’t scary to a safety or DB or even beating LBs consistently.  So upgrade for sure.

Upgrade in the passing game for sure.  But Hunt provided a more serious threat to hurt the D with the run from there.  Not so much last year, but then I thought that the OL didn't perform as well last year as in previous years.  I think running Moore from there too often will eventually get him injured. 

Fwiw 1290 WHIO out of Dayton was the winning radio station for most of the trip back. I know all about 1290, it’s been my go to many a time living on the NW side of Cincy, but l had no idea it reached so far. I think we were still SE of Cbus before the signal came in really well, which is funny because prior to that all l was finding was the Bengals radio feed on 1010 am and another am station. 

Got back in time to watch the 2nd half on the tele. All is right in the world today.