THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 2 Power Rankings…Browns Get No Love

Canton Dawg

I mean power rankings are subjective as hell, and usually don’t mean shit.

However, putting a beat down on a team that’s made the playoffs the last several years should account for something.

After all, the Bills and Chiefs haven’t won a game yet. 🤔

IMG_4804.jpeg

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

However, putting a beat down on a team that’s made the playoffs the last several years should account for something.

IMG_4804.jpeg

Power Rankings are just the weekly "Beauty Contest".  There's probably at least a half dozen of them. NFL.com has the Jets at #9 BTW.  Week one somewhat dependent on what a given team did last year. Watch for big movement this coming week, should the Browns beat the Steelers, and Cincy beats the Ratbirds.  

If makes you feel better, power ranking wise, the Browns have #30 (Colts), #31 (Texans) and #32 (Cardinals) upcoming on our schedule.  :)   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Power Rankings are just the weekly "Beauty Contest".  There's probably at least a half dozen of them. NFL.com has the Jets at #9 BTW.  Week one somewhat dependent on what a given team did last year. Watch for big movement this coming week, should the Browns beat the Steelers, and Cincy beats the Ratbirds.  

If makes you feel better, power ranking wise, the Browns have #30 (Colts), #31 (Texans) and #32 (Cardinals) upcoming on our schedule.  :)   

Niners with that ground and pound and tough defensive front that will be a tough one. 

And I think these are tough matchups for us….Eagles, Pats, Dolphins, Chiefs, cowboys.  And We seem to hang in the last two times we’ve played the Chiefs.  These teams have one other thing in common….they aren’t on the schedule.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

IMG_4804.jpeg

I hear ya CD; but we're also old enough to know how quickly something can change from going well in the beginning of the year to losing the franchise at the end of the year.  It's the Cleveland Browns.  The second the Browns start thinking they're good - they lay an egg against someone they're favored/supposed to beat. That even happened to some of our playoff teams in the 80s.  A bad Detroit team in November would beat a good Cleveland team on it's way to 10 or more wins.  No such thing as this team being favored to win until there's 1 second left with a 10 point lead...  

In 2020, I went 1 week at a time with no expectations and things fell into place to make that a fun season.  I'd like to try that again but I already found myself putting an 11-6 or better expectation on this team.  In the meantime, I hope the power rankings keep snubbing the Browns so they play with a something to prove edge all year...  

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1