THE BROWNS BOARD

This is the best year yet!

Ghoolie Always Ghoolie

17 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Normally we don't predict disaster until Halloween week. 

Well.. Andrew Berry & pro scouting staff did start scouting D.Watson around Halloween of 2021 😇.. can't blame Stef, while coaching on that decision

Seriously, TBB is like Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Cheers is a shit, overrated show. Apologies for any fans of it👍😆

Well color me intrigued...

If you are going to call Cheers a "shit, overrated show" I'd like, in return, a short list of TV sitcoms/comedies that you believe are the opposite of that. 

I mean, as exciting as one thread after another on the same topic being started by the same two people are, we might as well talk about TV sitcoms while our favorite football team starts their annual death spiral, right? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you are going to call Cheers a "shit, overrated show" I'd like, in return, a short list of TV sitcoms/comedies that you believe are the opposite of that. 

I mean, as exciting as one thread after another on the same topic being started by the same two people are, we might as well talk about TV sitcoms while our favorite football team starts their annual death spiral, right? 

Well given our recent injuries to key players, let's start with M.A.S.H.🧑‍⚕️🧑‍🦽

3 hours ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Cheers is a shit, overrated show. Apologies for any fans of it👍😆

You take that back right now mister! 

I’m not gonna say it’s a best ever or anything, but it’s genuinely witty and funny and warm and fuzzy. 

I had a recent run in with it, some minor vacation down time watching in Maine. Flew through Boston, which sparked the notion to watch it. 

It’s a lovely show. 

• Haha 2

Not a Simpson show watcher but there are some weird parallels with the show and how some current events over the years have unfolded.  I gotta imagine the show is chart topper.

My list (aren’t many) I’m not a huge sitcom guy anymore.

Seinfeld. The show about nothing. 

Fresh Prince (weird but strangely entertaining).

The Office.  I binged watched it a couple years ago after hearing so much about it over the years. Very good dry humor.

Just like following the Browns I like a good drama: Sopranos and Breaking Bad tops my list …Tulsa King is climbing.

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You take that back right now mister! 

I’m not gonna say it’s a best ever or anything, but it’s genuinely witty and funny and warm and fuzzy. 

I had a recent run in with it, some minor vacation down time watching in Maine. Flew through Boston, which sparked the notion to watch it. 

It’s a lovely show. 

I watched the first four or five seasons a year or so ago and it was still very funny, I really enjoyed it. 

I remember watching it on reruns when I was a kid, but it holds up well still. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not a Simpson show watcher but there are some weird parallels with the show and how some current events over the years have unfolded.  I gotta imagine the show is chart topper.

The Office.  I binged watched it a couple years ago after hearing so much about it over the years. Very good dry humor.

Just like following the Browns I like a good drama: Sopranos and Breaking Bad tops my list …Tulsa King is climbing.

Yeah, for comedies it doesn't get much better than The Office for me. 

And you named two excellent dramas. 

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Something tells he like Rau Paul

21 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Sopranos and Breaking Bad were awesome... I'm a big fan of Tulsa King.. Leave it to Sly to come up with a name like Dwight Manfredi... Totally hilarious!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Brilliant writing with Breaking Bad. 

When is Tulsa King back for Season 2 it’s been almost a year 

November I'm pretty sure.. I guess it depends on the Hollywood writers strike...

On 9/23/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Haha just never liked it friend!

In my opinion these shows are tons better:

Seinfeld

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Curb your Enthusiasm

King of Queens

Psych

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Haha just never liked it friend!

In my opinion these shows are tons better:

Seinfeld

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Curb your Enthusiasm

King of Queens

Psych

I've got to start watching Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, it looks like a goofy show I'd really like. Seinfeld of course is great, King of Queens is an interesting choice among the others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Honestly, I can't see you liking ANY comedies. 🤣

Cheers, Seinfeld, Scrubs, Modern Family, Married with Children 

ALL HILARIOUS 

• Like 1