THE BROWNS BOARD

Age old question....

Kvoethe

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Is it Watson that sucks or is it Stefanski that sucks.

Seems like stefanskis play calling has sucked long before DW got here.

I wonder what DW would be like with a better play caller.

Probably not much better.. Despite coaching.. You still have to show you can be accurate with the football.. Deshauns problems are his alone I think...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Probably not much better.. Despite coaching.. You still have to show you can be accurate with the football.. Deshauns problems are his alone I think...

In that you're right.. DW's accuracy has gone to hell. 

5 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Yes, there's times when his playcalls suck, but in general I think he's the best coach we've had since the return in '99. They averaged 24 points a game with Brissett, who's decent but limited. Joe Woods clearly held the D back. 

Watson needs to "get it" again, or everybody will be canned. Once again, this is all on Haslam/DePodesta, & Berry. 

The Browns need a win tomorrow or the impatience with the fans will reach it's peak (including me). All we heard in the offseason was how good DW looked. While it's not all on him, he needs to show us something....

• Thanks 1

I think it's a mix of both. I'm hoping Watson gets his confidence and I hope he still has a desire to play.

I think Stef does a good job overall, but at times he makes what seems are some really bone headed play calling. I also am questioning just how they are going about helping Watson progress.

10 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Kv, first off, I believe it is Depo, and not ShitMyPantski who calls the plays, but this big issue is the one you raised.

Watson is never going to beat anyone as a pocket QB. Neither would Mahommes. The Browns harnessed Mayfield as well.

Some executives, regardless if it with a salesman or a QB, just cannot take a back seat to nature and let talent bloom.

Watson is a run-first QB. He is not being allowed to play his game. He looks uncomfortable in this system.

Would a run-first type offense make a difference? I don't know, but for sure what the team is doing now isn't working.

Admittedly, I've only seen bits and pcs so far this year with my largest viewership slice being this past Monday. And I was on the air at the time with this on a studio monitor so I can't say the game had my undivided attention. Having said this,from what I've seen,last yr thru the beginning of this yr, my gut feeling from my limited viewing is Watson is no where near the advertised goods we expected given the cost.

12 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Greg Cosell is correct on Watson imo..

add these below after 2 game reviews of all 22's

a.) Watson/ like Baker, needs to take the easy underneath throws that are open on the all 22.. few thrown balls are trailing behind even those receiver.. No WR YAC opts.

b.) Stef play-call design & Watson preferring getting route's with depth are 2 different things.. 

C.) Our Tackle play in pass pro even with TE help, is on players not executing their blocks.. Watson can't continue to hold the ball vs the Titans.. nor continue being late on throws 

12 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

-AND-  DW was out of football for a long time without throwing a pass in an NFL game........ rest & rust ?   He had great years way back when.  

He shows signs of good  QB stuff.   QUESTION :  Will he break through the rust ?

Oh and you never get the years back !    Over-paid for those lost years ?    ( yes or no ? ..... easy answer is YES ! )