THE BROWNS BOARD

My upcoming Browns Tour, Ticket advice required please.

I'm planning on coming over for Christmas and New Year and doing games at Houston and the home game against the Jets. Last time I came to a Browns game I bought a ticket at the stadium but that was back in 1992 against Chargers. I've been checking the Browns website and I've come to the conclusion that there are no stadium ticket sales and that everything is now online via Ticketdisaster. I'm a self confessed Ludite when it comes to tickets on mobile phones and I've never been in a position where that has been the only option. It says on the Browns website that you need to download the Browns app, is this the only way it works? When I sort my ticket for Houston do visiting fans have there own section or is everyone just sat together with no fan segregation. The first game I went to in 1991, we bought tickets from a Sports Shop in Tower City, this was a Ticketmaster outlet. Does this place still exist? Many thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

20 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

I'm planning on coming over for Christmas and New Year and doing games at Houston and the home game against the Jets. Last time I came to a Browns game I bought a ticket at the stadium but that was back in 1992 against Chargers. I've been checking the Browns website and I've come to the conclusion that there are no stadium ticket sales and that everything is now online via Ticketdisaster. I'm a self confessed Ludite when it comes to tickets on mobile phones and I've never been in a position where that has been the only option. It says on the Browns website that you need to download the Browns app, is this the only way it works? When I sort my ticket for Houston do visiting fans have there own section or is everyone just sat together with no fan segregation. The first game I went to in 1991, we bought tickets from a Sports Shop in Tower City, this was a Ticketmaster outlet. Does this place still exist? Many thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

Yes, Cleveland Browns stadium is all paperless. E tickets, and concessions are all by credit card.

I have season tickets. If I sell any seats, I do it through the Browns App and the person receiving has to have the Browns App as well.

Funny....I'll be in Houston visiting family over Christmas so we'll be at the game also. My son handled the tickets, I'm assuming they are also E tickets. There is no ticket segregation there ( I've watched the Browns lose there twice😥)

There are secondary tickets sellers, like Stub Hub & Seat Geek. If you're on Facebook,look up the West 4th Tailgate. People post in there about trying to sell seats. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, Cleveland Browns stadium is all paperless. E tickets, and concessions are all by credit card.

I have season tickets. If I sell any seats, I do it through the Browns App and the person receiving has to have the Browns App as well.

Funny....I'll be in Houston visiting family over Christmas so we'll be at the game also. My son handled the tickets, I'm assuming they are also E tickets. There is no ticket segregation there ( I've watched the Browns lose there twice😥)

There are secondary tickets sellers, like Stub Hub & Seat Geek. If you're on Facebook,look up the West 4th Tailgate. People post in there about trying to sell seats. Good luck.

Thanks Bob, I think the first thing I'll have to do is get a new phone. I've been checking out the Houston Bar scene and it looks like a cracking place for a Beer up!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Thanks Bob, I think the first thing I'll have to do is get a new phone. I've been checking out the Houston Bar scene and it looks like a cracking place for a Beer up!

They have quite a few local brew houses if you're into the craft beers/IPAs. The Karbach Brewery is pretty nice with good food🍻

Just now, Bob806 said:

They have quite a few local brew houses if you're into the craft beers/IPAs. The Karbach Brewery is pretty nice with good food🍻

Brilliant! I'll write these down cos I'm a massive real ale fan and lucky for me, being from York I'm surrounded by the stuff. I'm also a keen Darts player so I've been checking out darts pubs and there's loads of em in Houston so happy days. That's the beauty of internet, when I check Karbach Brewery out it will even tell me what bus I need to get on to get to it. All pub recommendations will be checked out and that goes for Cleveland aswell, must be 30 years since I last drank down at the Flats. Thanks for your help.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

seatgeek.com

stubhub.com

vividseats.com

and there are others where you can pick what section and seats you want and is where i have had the best luck getting tickets,you just have to look around for the best deal and before you buy make sure you check for additional charges cause just because it sez a ticket is 200,you may end up paying 350

good luck have fun

edit: or you can just go thru a scalper at the game

10 minutes ago, syd said:

seatgeek.com

stubhub.com

vividseats.com

and there are others where you can pick what section and seats you want and is where i have had the best luck getting tickets,you just have to look around for the best deal and before you buy make sure you check for additional charges cause just because it sez a ticket is 200,you may end up paying 350

good luck have fun

edit: or you can just go thru a scalper at the game

I checked out TicketMaster on the Browns website and there looked to be plenty of availability at both my games or have I overlooked something.

1 minute ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

I checked out TicketMaster on the Browns website and there looked to be plenty of availability at both my games or have I overlooked something.

secondary markets screw ticket basterd you can usually find a better price

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, syd said:

secondary markets screw ticket basterd

Can't say I'm a fan of them myself. The sections I've been looking at look quite reasonably priced if I get in soon enough. Can I expect addons bumping the price up with them aswell? This advice is much appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Can't say I'm a fan of them myself. The sections I've been looking at look quite reasonably priced if I get in soon enough. Can I expect addons bumping the price up with them aswell? This advice is much appreciated.

we are going  to Seattle  to see The Browns without tickets and roll the dice to see what the scalpers want

3 minutes ago, syd said:

we are going  to Seattle  to see The Browns without tickets and roll the dice to see what the scalpers want

Seattle was my initial idea for a trip over then my sister went and broke her ankle so I had to spend time looking after her instead of planning my trip,  so everything has been put back a couple of months and Houston is looking like an excellent plan B. I'll check out those ticket sites and compare prices. Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Seattle was my initial idea for a trip over then my sister went and broke her ankle so I had to spend time looking after her instead of planning my trip,  so everything has been put back a couple of months and Houston is looking like an excellent plan B. I'll check out those ticket sites and compare prices. Thanks for your help. 

Yorkie, my wife and I joined two of her sisters and their husbands for a 10day visit last fall in York. Loved going to museums and history lessons on the area. I had no idea the Vikings had lived there over 200 years. I did know about the Romans, but I had always seen Vikings as basically raiders and not domestic inhabitants. Loved the inner walled city including walking along the top of the wall.

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yorkie, my wife and I joined two of her sisters and their husbands for a 10day visit last fall in York. Loved going to museums and history lessons on the area. I had no idea the Vikings had lived there over 200 years. I did know about the Romans, but I had always seen Vikings as basically raiders and not domestic inhabitants. Loved the inner walled city including walking along the top of the wall.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to my fine City.  My family name is of Norse origin and my ancestors on my dad's side were from Wearside which is another river north of York that the Vikings settled next to. So all that considered, I'm probably of Viking stock so I have an interest in that part of our history. They certainly left their mark on my City with many street names being Norse.  Hope you got to sample some fine ales in our many historic pubs.       

10 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Glad you enjoyed your visit to my fine City.  My family name is of Norse origin and my ancestors on my dad's side were from Wearside which is another river north of York that the Vikings settled next to. So all that considered, I'm probably of Viking stock so I have an interest in that part of our history. They certainly left their mark on my City with many street names being Norse.  Hope you got to sample some fine ales in our many historic pubs.       

Yes, I did for sure. But we had to limit exposure due to COVID or risk getting stuck there if we came up positive with a test required within 24 hours of leaving GB. So we had to pick places with either outside seating or with areas within that were isolated from the main bar area. My wife reminded me that this was not last fall, but the fall of 2021, thus all the COVID requirements for visitors.

9 hours ago, syd said:

my son is over at innsbrook austria he was goona go to a pub to watch some world cup rugby,just to check out the vibe and ofcourse watch the match

There are two Irish boozers in the Old Town which should have the Rugby on, The Galway Bay is biggest and best.  Innsbruck is brilliant and surrounded by mountains. They've got a good Ice Hockey team with a cracking bar at the stadium with Hockey stuff on the walls. Two soccer teams playing next door to the Ice hockey stadium. And a space age type train that takes you on the mountain. I've been a good few times and I love the place. We go  there for The Four Hills Ski Jumping Tournament which is spectacular and a massive deal to the Austrians. Is your son doing a tour or just staying in Innsbruck? 

16 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

There are two Irish boozers in the Old Town which should have the Rugby on, The Galway Bay is biggest and best.  Innsbruck is brilliant and surrounded by mountains. They've got a good Ice Hockey team with a cracking bar at the stadium with Hockey stuff on the walls. Two soccer teams playing next door to the Ice hockey stadium. And a space age type train that takes you on the mountain. I've been a good few times and I love the place. We go  there for The Four Hills Ski Jumping Tournament which is spectacular and a massive deal to the Austrians. Is your son doing a tour or just staying in Innsbruck? 

he was there for work week,then he was going to explore and he was gonna drive to vienna ,he is in the sky now flying home

6 hours ago, syd said:

he was there for work week,then he was going to explore and he was gonna drive to vienna ,he is in the sky now flying home

Innsbruck to Vienna is wonderful drive through Austria's most mountainous regions and Vienna ls one magnificent city. I think your son will have had a very enjoyable week.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:07 AM, syd said:

my son is over at innsbrook austria he was goona go to a pub to watch some world cup rugby,just to check out the vibe and ofcourse watch the match

Now that just sounds really  -cool-  alright  syd.    :)

• Like 1

I used ticketmaster when I last flew over (just checked it was 2015 man that’s gone fast 😩) and the prices were not much different to what they originally sold for from the browns. But as I say, a lot longer ago than I thought!

I assume you’ll be hitting up the Great Lakes Brewery ! 

18 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I used ticketmaster when I last flew over (just checked it was 2015 man that’s gone fast 😩) and the prices were not much different to what they originally sold for from the browns. But as I say, a lot longer ago than I thought!

18 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly check it out. I see you are a Spurs fan, I've not done your new place but went to you're old place on many occasions from 90/91 onwards. Had some brilliant piss ups down there. Used to meet up with a good Spurs lad called Tony Parsons and Clair Tomlinson the Sky TV lass who would turn out now and again. Do you know either of em? Tony used to do the lot and go everywhere and drink in The Victoria. Have you ever had the pleasure of a day out in Leeds? 

1 hour ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly check it out. I see you are a Spurs fan, I've not done your new place but went to you're old place on many occasions from 90/91 onwards. Had some brilliant piss ups down there. Used to meet up with a good Spurs lad called Tony Parsons and Clair Tomlinson the Sky TV lass who would turn out now and again. Do you know either of em? Tony used to do the lot and go everywhere and drink in The Victoria. Have you ever had the pleasure of a day out in Leeds? 

~      Most of the time you can get some pretty good information from the guys here on  THE BROWNS BOARD  on where to go for eats, places to go and stay.

Hope your travels work out good for you.   mjp.

9 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Leeds is one of the very few I haven’t done! Leeds at home was always a lively one around the ground. Met CT a few times abroad over years not seen her at home games and that name TP definitely rings a bell

The Victoria is one of the few remaining pubs still going, Tottenham is a very bad place compared to the 90s when pubs filled the length of the high road

On 10/9/2023 at 9:50 PM, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

I strongly advise you to get in contact with the Space City Browns Backers (you need to register on their Facebook page).   https://brownsbackersworldwide.com/chapters/space-city-dawg-pound/

I've made two trips to Houston to see the Browns, and these guys will steer you right. Besides throwing a bash Saturday night, they also have a great Tailgate, and If you need a hotel (don't know if their block of rooms is sold out yet) Holiday Inn NRG- if the hotel was any closer, it would be in the stadium parking lot.    😉

PS- if you buy your tickets through the NFL site, there's only moderate difficulty loading them into a Ticketmaster app on your cell phone. Trust me, using the Texans app was one unholy nightmare getting my ticket usable.  

PPS as London Brown suggested- the Great Lakes Brewery on West 25th Street would be a place to check out Saturday night. It's not near the stadium, but I'll attest their beers and selection are first rate.  :) 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I strongly advise you to get in contact with the Space City Browns Backers (you need to register on their Facebook page).   https://brownsbackersworldwide.com/chapters/space-city-dawg-pound/

I've made two trips to Houston to see the Browns, and these guys will steer you right. Besides throwing a bash Saturday night, they also have a great Tailgate, and If you need a hotel (don't know if their block of rooms is sold out yet) Holiday Inn NRG- if the hotel was any closer, it would be in the stadium parking lot.    😉

PS- if you buy your tickets through the NFL site, there's only moderate difficulty loading them into a Ticketmaster app on your cell phone. Trust me, using the Texans app was one unholy nightmare getting my ticket usable.  

PPS as London Brown suggested- the Great Lakes Brewery on West 25th Street would be a place to check out Saturday night. It's not near the stadium, but I'll attest their beers and selection are first rate.  :) 

Brilliant info! Thank You. If I buy my Tickets on The Browns website for both games will I just need the one Browns App or am I better off getting a Ticketmaster App. I have no clue about this sort of thing as I have only ever used paper tickets before. Definateley interested in the Browns piss up on saturday night. Had a look at the Great Lakes Brewery and it's half hour walk from where I plan on staying and looks well worth a visit. Are you familiar with the Harbour pub down on the flats? I've got my eye on chucking some darts in there. Cheers!

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So what pubs around High Wycombe would you guys recommend? My now British citizen sister (got her official papers last year after 30+ years of marriage) lives there.

Been to Wycombe a couple of times and I remember a couple of decent boozers with real ale but can't remember the names. I have an extensive knowledge of great London pubs as I've boozed it up round there so many times and organised themed Piss Ups down there, The Krays/ Jack the Ripper pubs as an example. Wycombe is a short train ride from London so if you ever pop down there on an all dayer I can give you tons of ideas. Not bad for a Yorkshire Lad that lives nowhere near London.