THE BROWNS BOARD

Do I feel bad about the ticky tack foul.........

Neo

against Teshaun Gipson that kept the drive going for the Browns? Nope, not at all. Considering how many of these in years past didn't go in Cleveland's favor, and some of the absolute horse shit calls like the one were they had Cooper stepping out on the TD reception where he wasn't within a mile of stepping out. I say take'em any way you can, a win is a win.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Neo said:

against Teshaun Gipson that kept the drive going for the Browns? Nope, not at all. Considering how many of these in years past didn't go in Cleveland's favor, and some of the absolute horse shit calls like the one were they had Cooper stepping out on the TD reception where he wasn't within a mile of stepping out. I say take'em any way you can, a win is a win.

You also forgot.....Fuck the 9ers.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

...still, he was laying out a defenseless receiver.  And we've had calls go against us at the end of games.  That's how it goes.  We Win.   ...this time... 

And the interception the 49ers had that resulted in their second touchdown sure looked like the DB pushed our WR (Cooper?) at the top of the route, well beyond five yards, before stepping in front and almost taking it back all the way. 

Yep, don't feel bad at all. 

Also don't feel bad to point out the "the NFL has it out against the Browns!" narrative looks kind of silly tonight, either. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

...still, he was laying out a defenseless receiver.  And we've had calls go against us at the end of games.  That's how it goes.  We Win.   ...this time... 

I thought it was bang bang. I saw a similar hit in the Bucs game that they actually picked up the flag. But like I said, we are almost always on the losing end of these kinds of calls. Overall, the officiating has been terrible this year.

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the interception the 49ers had that resulted in their second touchdown sure looked like the DB pushed our WR (Cooper?) at the top of the route, well beyond five yards, before stepping in front and almost taking it back all the way. 

Yep, don't feel bad at all. 

Also don't feel bad to point out the "the NFL has it out against the Browns!" narrative looks kind of silly tonight, either. 

I’m just glad they fixed the short spot that clear as day looked like we had a first down otherwise I might have been with the fixed side myself. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

f we can get rid of these turnovers on offense the browns will be fine

...and penalties.  But in reality, we need our QB back on the field.  

12 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Even 49ers fans were saying they didn’t deserve to win that game. Browns outplayed them most of the game. 

if we can get rid of these turnovers on offense the browns will be fine

This is something that still bothers me with the Browns... No discipline.. Penalties keep killing our drives and we still have a bit of a tough time with the run..

1 hour ago, nickers said:

This is something that still bothers me with the Browns... No discipline.. Penalties keep killing our drives and we still have a bit of a tough time with the run..

The Turnover margin is bothering me…how many teams are -8 in their first five games and have a winning record.  

It is explainable.  We had a rookie starting QB and a guy off the practice squad starting another game. The turnover margin can be an aberration or a sign of the team you have (careless with the ball).  

realistically we would be 4-1 if we protected the ball better.  

I thought we did a great job after the first drive limiting rushing yards.  That is one of the best running teams in the NFL but I think the passing attack they have is a tad overrated and I mentioned they feasted on weaker secondaries before our game.  But I was really impressed with the defensive adjustments after the first drives 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Turnover margin is bothering me…how many teams are -8 in their first five games and have a winning record.  

It is explainable.  We had a rookie starting QB and a guy off the practice squad starting another game. The turnover margin can be an aberration or a sign of the team you have (careless with the ball).  

realistically we would be 4-1 if we protected the ball better.  

I thought we did a great job after the first drive limiting rushing yards.  That is one of the best running teams in the NFL but I think the passing attack they have is a tad overrated and I mentioned they feasted on weaker secondaries before our game.  But I was really impressed with the defensive adjustments after the first drives 

Yeah , I love what Schwartz has brung to the team.. A structured no nonsense modern defense rooted in old school fundamentals... Yet it is diverse enough to move Garrett around and create mismatches.. The LB'ers are taking better angles and getting to the perimeter quick.. Our Secondary continues to smother and benefit in man coverage when asked to do so...

49er fan here. Was it a foul? No. Should you feel bad? No. Congrats to the browns. They brought it. First team this year ive seen a team bully the bullies. Browns d is no joke. They really building something special over there. Browns deserve that win. Punch my team in the mouth in all aspects. The 49ers needed that. Anyway just here to say congrats on an excellent win and wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

As a DB? Not a fan of the call. 

As a Browns devotee? About time we're on the positive end of some of these flags. 

And what's up with Wills picking the 1 time to get out of his stance on time and hustle downfield like he was going to hit someone before the screen pass was thrown?  He's played how many years of football and he didn't know this rule?

All that said, I dare say he played one of his better games.  I'm ecstatic a lot of people got to see how good Michael Dunn was yesterday.  As as improbable as it may have seemed, those 2 guys had pretty good chemistry.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:12 PM, Neo said:

I thought it was bang bang. I saw a similar hit in the Bucs game that they actually picked up the flag. But like I said, we are almost always on the losing end of these kinds of calls.

Any call that requires subjectivity can be like predicting the weather.  They get it right a lot...but they can get it wrong.  The one that gets me is when they called Cooper OB a couple games back.  He wasn't even near OB.  Therefore impossible for the official to have seen him OB.  How do you call something that you did not see?  

...and hell yeah, We're always on the losing end of these types of endings.  Countless times...a ticky tack defensive penalty...then watching another FG kicker put a lousy end to our weekend.  Countless times.

Now, going back to Stef...it's another rookie kicker, this one drafted in round 3...and he's already missed one......call time out and let the rookie think about this game winning or LOSING FG attempt for a minute..... 

20 hours ago, Flugel said:

All that said, I dare say he played one of his better games. 

Not saying much.  But even then, it still wasn't good.  When he was on Bosa, he would have surrendered pressures if Watson was the QB driving the ball downfield.  Beyond that, a lot of screen game and chip help.     JW is still who he is at this point.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Not saying much.  But even then, it still wasn't good.  When he was on Bosa, he would have surrendered pressures if Watson was the QB driving the ball downfield.  Beyond that, a lot of screen game and chip help.     JW is still who he is at this point.  

😆 I hear ya, but I still saw some effort from him even if he was inconsistent at best.  That's epic improvement from him. He hasn't exactly spoiled me as you know T from all the complaining I've done about him the last 2 years.  You are right he is who he is though....

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

Now I know what it feels like to be a Steelers/Chiefs/Tom Brady fan! 

Did you see the strollers get that call to end the game today?   TOTAL BS

15 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Did you see the strollers get that call to end the game today?   TOTAL BS

Yeah...I saw it. They just always win and frankly I'm getting a little sick of it. People made fun of Kenny Pickett but I'd gladly take him over whoever we have back there. And that includes Watson. For the first time since the trade I find myself wondering if he's any good...at all. For example, that play he got hurt on doesn't make sense. Why take the hit? Do you guys realize how many senseless hits he take by holding onto the ball? It's like the game speed passed him by somehow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah...I saw it. They just always win and frankly I'm getting a little sick of it. People made fun of Kenny Pickett but I'd gladly take him over whoever we have back there. And that includes Watson. For the first time since the trade I find myself wondering if he's any good...at all. For example, that play he got hurt on doesn't make sense. Why take the hit? Do you guys realize how many senseless hits he take by holding onto the ball? It's like the game speed passed him by somehow. 

Kenny Pickett is Colt McCoy. A career backup that is just that. He will never win anything 

21 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Kenny Pickett is Colt McCoy. A career backup that is just that. He will never win anything 

Kenny Pickett is closer to Bubby Brister 2.0,,,,,, McCoy still has a career...

• Upvote 1