THE BROWNS BOARD

Weed

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, Jax said:

Alcohol is already legal, marijuana is not, 2 separate issues. However, if you want to have alcohol banned go at it. I can support one issue at a time.

Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Neo said:

As someone who used to smoke weed and drink alcohol, I don't see why anybody NEEDS to do any of that. I've been sober for quite some time and I can honestly say neither one has made my life "better". I'm voting NO, if you need weed go get a perscription. If could ban them both I would but that's not on the ballot.

Why not let other people reach the same decision you did? 

Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation. Why do you  get to take that from them?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation

I actually agree with you to a point. But when you're talking about moderation, that's just it. Americans don't know what moderation is. Every person I knew who did the same things I did was either a full blown alcoholic or a pothead, or both. I considered myself a social drinker and smoker but even then there were times where I just went away too far.

My neighbors who I'm not on good terms with, smoke pot from dawn to dusk. Every time I walk past their house I can smell the stench of weed in the air. Cars always come and go all hours of the day and night and don't stay for more than a few minutes. There's always a bunch of strange people coming and going. They walk out hand the person something and they hand them something back.

Not to mention the unwanted traffic it brings, these people are "OUT THERE" if you know what I mean. They don't understand simple things. Example. These people have a garage where the bay door is broken and they just leaned a couple pieces of plywood not secured or the opening, but he also went through the trouble to install a deadbolt on the man door that he makes sure that it's locked even though you can just move the plywood and walk right in. Point is if you smoke weed from dawn to dusk it's going to melt your brain.

13 hours ago, Vambo said:

Why?

Because I Don't believe in all of the negative press and misinformation spewed... And in fact... The late great Dr.Carl Sagan was an avid pot smoker and lover of Blues and Jazz music... I highly doubt he lost many brain cells along the way.. He was one of the greatest and most respected minds of our modern times.. I call bullshit ...

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

8 hours ago, Jax said:

I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

Weed fucked him up.....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jax said:

They're very much linked

But then why do you think weed should be illegal?

On 10/30/2023 at 8:33 AM, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

One thing to consider if you have a medical MJ card in ohio (or smoke weed )The short answer is no. Despite Ohio's medical marijuana program and the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms, having a medical card for marijuana makes it illegal to own, purchase, or possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law.

You can actually get sent to prison if you do.  Just an FYI.

I believe you're referring to 18 U.S. Code § 922(g)(3). This just recently got overturned by the 5th Circuit Court:

Reason: 5th Circuit Says Prosecuting a Cannabis Consumer for Possessing Guns Violated the Second Amendment

This pro-2nd Amendment lawyer does a good breakdown of the case and its implications: 

The 5th Circuit Court ruled that prohibiting individuals who use cannabis from owning or possessing firearms violated the 2nd Amendment and is unconstitutional. And if the government appeals this case to the US Supreme Court, it is likely that the Court will uphold the ruling of it being unconstitutional.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:21 PM, Neo said:

I actually agree with you to a point. But when you're talking about moderation, that's just it. Americans don't know what moderation is. Every person I knew who did the same things I did was either a full blown alcoholic or a pothead, or both. I considered myself a social drinker and smoker but even then there were times where I just went away too far.

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

It just sounds like your tolerance is extremely high.

It varies depending on use... I don't always have it..

On 10/29/2023 at 10:24 AM, Westside Steve said:

It's going to be a handful of hand picked corporate entities given licenses probably for political favor. And somebody is going to be raking in the money for a product that's as easy to produce as grass clippings after you mow the lawn.

WSS

We voted against that in 2015. The number of legal permits to sell for that vote was something ridiculous like 12, if I recall. I skimmed through the text and couldn't find any specifics on what the initial limits will be other than "up to forty additional [licenses for cultivators]" and "up to fifty additional [licenses for distributors]." That sounds like a reasonable starting point. 

Economically, it doesn't make sense to let all this money being spent on weed go to Michigan or Illinois, when we could offer the same services here. From a public safety perspective, I'm in agreement that legalization will lead to an increase in auto accidents and deaths, it's bad for brain development, it can cause long-term appetite/sleep issues. From a cynical woke bullshit perspective, I think the requirement for dispensaries and cultivators to be distributed in an "equitable" fashion will mean that these things will probably be most likely to pop up between hood liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores, and I don't think it will in any way improve our state's worst-off communities. 

All said, I'm probably going to abstain on this one. Yes on 2 is going to win in a landslide. 

12 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

We voted against that in 2015. The number of legal permits to sell for that vote was something ridiculous like 12, if I recall. I skimmed through the text and couldn't find any specifics on what the initial limits will be other than "up to forty additional [licenses for cultivators]" and "up to fifty additional [licenses for distributors]." That sounds like a reasonable starting point. 

Economically, it doesn't make sense to let all this money being spent on weed go to Michigan or Illinois, when we could offer the same services here. From a public safety perspective, I'm in agreement that legalization will lead to an increase in auto accidents and deaths, it's bad for brain development, it can cause long-term appetite/sleep issues. From a cynical woke bullshit perspective, I think the requirement for dispensaries and cultivators to be distributed in an "equitable" fashion will mean that these things will probably be most likely to pop up between hood liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores, and I don't think it will in any way improve our state's worst-off communities. 

All said, I'm probably going to abstain on this one. Yes on 2 is going to win in a landslide. 

I'm pretty much on the same page. I don't care about weed I just don't like having to work with guys that smoke it merely because it makes them stupid and they forget their parts. Same thing if a guy is drunk at the entire practice. But yes, it's going to pass with or without my vote. That's without any convoluted moral angles. Are we better off as Society with more and more ways for people to stay fucked up more and more of the time? And in the case of cigarettes sure, they're dangerous, but look at the money we make. And if I can't judge somebody's reaction to chronic pain how can I tell him that I'm doing him a favor by not allowing to have all the oxy he wants? But I digress. 🌤

WSS

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I believe you're referring to 18 U.S. Code § 922(g)(3). This just recently got overturned by the 5th Circuit Court:

Reason: 5th Circuit Says Prosecuting a Cannabis Consumer for Possessing Guns Violated the Second Amendment

This pro-2nd Amendment lawyer does a good breakdown of the case and its implications: 

The 5th Circuit Court ruled that prohibiting individuals who use cannabis from owning or possessing firearms violated the 2nd Amendment and is unconstitutional. And if the government appeals this case to the US Supreme Court, it is likely that the Court will uphold the ruling of it being unconstitutional.

Can You Buy a Gun if You Have an Ohio Medical Marijuana Card?

When you buy a gun from a Federally licensed dealer, you must fill out what’s called a Firearms Transaction Record.

Question 21e asks the following: " Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

Lying on this form can result in hefty penalties and even jail time, so we don't advise that you do so.

However, purchasing a firearm from a private seller and/or at gun shows does not require a background check or for the purchaser to fill out this form.

Can You Get or Renew Your CCW if You Have a Marijuana Card in Ohio?

Concealed Carry permits in Ohio are granted through the Sheriff's department in the county in which you reside. The form required asks if you are an unlawful user of a controlled substance, but does not include the clarification that even medical marijuana is considered federally unlawful.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Can You Buy a Gun if You Have an Ohio Medical Marijuana Card?

When you buy a gun from a Federally licensed dealer, you must fill out what’s called a Firearms Transaction Record.

Question 21e asks the following: " Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

Lying on this form can result in hefty penalties and even jail time, so we don't advise that you do so.

However, purchasing a firearm from a private seller and/or at gun shows does not require a background check or for the purchaser to fill out this form.

Can You Get or Renew Your CCW if You Have a Marijuana Card in Ohio?

Concealed Carry permits in Ohio are granted through the Sheriff's department in the county in which you reside. The form required asks if you are an unlawful user of a controlled substance, but does not include the clarification that even medical marijuana is considered federally unlawful.

Again, this was based on a statute that was just recently ruled unconstitutional. Unless and until the Supreme Court decides otherwise, it's legal to own a gun and while in possession of marijuana. 

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm pretty much on the same page. I don't care about weed I just don't like having to work with guys that smoke it merely because it makes them stupid and they forget their parts. Same thing if a guy is drunk at the entire practice. But yes, it's going to pass with or without my vote. That's without any convoluted moral angles. Are we better off as Society with more and more ways for people to stay fucked up more and more of the time? And in the case of cigarettes sure, they're dangerous, but look at the money we make. And if I can't judge somebody's reaction to chronic pain how can I tell him that I'm doing him a favor by not allowing to have all the oxy he wants? But I digress. 🌤

WSS

Weed or Alcohol has never affected my ability to perform on stage and I never once forgot my parts... However... everyone is physiologically different

On 10/31/2023 at 10:24 AM, MLD Woody said:

They're very much linked

But then why do you think weed should be illegal?

Yes linked. So, you believe because one drug has harmful effects on society and self that it constitutes legalizing yet another drug that has harmful effects?

The more the merrier is your argument?

Amsterdam and the effects of pot smoking:

As Amsterdam bows out, what will be the new capital of cannabis tourism? (nationalgeographic.com)

Amsterdam-Cannabis banned:

Amsterdam bans cannabis in its red light district - BBC News

• 1 month later...

well, I never smoked pot, but at the student union, everybody knew what it smelled like....

what pro pot folks don't consider is the reality - the damage to society:

That's much longer than alcohol. Colorado defines marijuana intoxication at 5 nanograms of THC in someone's blood. Sam Cole is the traffic safety manager for Colorado's Department of Transportation. He says 8 percent of fatal crashes are caused by drivers intoxicated from marijuana. "We only look at

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Issue 2 potential changes

Ignoring the voters. Not a good look Ohio Rs.

Opinion piece

Of course they want to change it. It wasn’t their idea, so it must be bad

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Issue 2 potential changes

Ignoring the voters. Not a good look Ohio Rs.

Opinion piece

actually, when I voted against it, it just said generally what the bill was about.

NOT all the provisions, if I recall correctly. So, all the intricacies were not

"voted on" by Ohioans.

But that is the left -

If you read the serious problems in Colorado, of course the Reps are doing the

RESPONSIBLE thing by adjusting the IMPLEMENTATION of the law that was approved.

You think anyone who is just a regular citizen that voted to approve the pot law read the entire document? come on.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, when I voted against it, it just said generally what the bill was about.

"voted on" by Ohioans.

But that is the left -

You think anyone who is just a regular citizen that voted to approve the pot law read the entire document? come on.

All the intricacies were in the bill that passed. They just weren’t on the ballot. If they put all the details,  for every bill, on the ballot, the ballot would be 500 pages 

An informed voter, which is what both sides DO NOT WANT, is supposed to read the bill, then go vote on it. But I would guess 99.9% of people just vote on what they see in TV ads or the internet 

https://www.10tv.com/amp/article/news/politics/elections/ohio-issue-2-marijuana-legalization-2023-november-election/530-0e02c315-10a9-4a16-b6f3-e7c30808de26

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is the official bill for issue 1 and  2 and all that it covers. Try reading all this legal BS in the voting booth

https://www.ohiosos.gov/globalassets/elections/2023/gen/issuesreport.pdf

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

"voted on" by Ohioans.

But that is the left -

Cal, just my opinion here.

The main reason it passed was the simple provision that people could grow their own, up to 6 plants. The new tweaks on this eliminate that. Why? 

Me thinks it's so the state gets it's hand$ on ALL the dough. 

Secondly, they want to up the taxed sales. That's not what the public voted on. 

It isn't a good look. 

The Browns go up 21-17 at the end of the 3rd Quarter, and tell the NFL "we won, no need to play the 4th Quarter." Change the rules in the middle of the game. Is that ok?