THE BROWNS BOARD

Weed

Westside Steve

32 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Cal, just my opinion here.

The main reason it passed was the simple provision that people could grow their own, up to 6 plants. The new tweaks on this eliminate that. Why? 

Me thinks it's so the state gets it's hand$ on ALL the dough. 

Secondly, they want to up the taxed sales. That's not what the public voted on. 

It isn't a good look. 

The Browns go up 21-17 at the end of the 3rd Quarter, and tell the NFL "we won, no need to play the 4th Quarter." Change the rules in the middle of the game. Is that ok?

Govt BS at its finest.

“We didn’t want this, but the voters did, so let’s change it and piss people off”

• Upvote 1

Just my opinion, I don't want it legalized at all, so I'm biased, yes?

You betcha, lol.

But voting on a bill doesn't take into consideration the complications that the left wants to be kept quiet, and there isn't enough money to put it all in a bunch of tv ads.

The implementation of the law requires complexity - it isn't a simple "yes" vote for pot.

but voting to grow at home - this stuff isn't in the bill - but it is seriously relevant:

• Potential health effects include hypersensitivity pneumonitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma and other respiratory diseases. Another concern was elevated carbon dioxide levels which, if generated using fossil fuel combustion, can result in the production of carbon monoxide resulting in significant health effects, or death, to exposed individuals.
    • Research & Publishing

Non-Peer-Reviewed Publications. Books. Thurstone C and Tatum C (2015), Clearing the Haze: Helping Families Face Teen Addiction, published by Rowman and Littlfield, New York, New York Book reviews. Thurstone C (2003), Children with Autism and Asperger Syndrome: A guide for Practitioners and Carers, by Patricia Howlin [Book Review].Residential Treatment for Children and Youth 21: 71-73

• The Big Deal

In late 2011, Education Department officials asked my husband, Dr. Christian Thurstone, to develop a presentation aimed at helping teachers and other school workers understand why marijuana is especially harmful to adolescents. Educators would benefit from a refresher course on brain science, they said.

• Events

Dr. Christian Thurstone is honored to deliver the Viola Bernard Psychiatry Grand Rounds Lecture at the New York State Psychiatric Institute on the campus of Columbia University Medical Center in New York. Dr. Thurstone's talk will focus on these learning objectives: 1) To understand the possible impact of changing marijuana policy on adolescent substance treatment; […]

• Dr. Christian Thurstone

Dr. Christian Thurstone speaks on dangers of teen vaping with Fox 31. by Christine Tatum | Jun 29, 2022 | Denver's Health, Media. The United States Food and Drug Administration on June 23, 2022, issued marketing denial orders to JUUL Labs Inc., for all of their products currently marketed in the United States, effectively banning the maker of e-cigarette devices and other vaping products from...

• Commenting Rules

Unfortunately, we don't have time to ensure each reader receives an individual explanation for why we rejected a comment. We hope the following guide helps explain our editorial judgment. Our profound thanks to the New York Times for articulating its own commenting rules clearly because they have been very helpful to the development and ...

• Military

Thurstone named recipient of Meritorious Service Medal. by Christine Tatum | Apr 11, 2022 | Military. U.S. Army LTC Christian Thurstone is the recipient of The Meritorious Service Medal. To All who shall see these presents, greeting: This is to certify that the President of the United States of America authorized by Executive Order, 16 January 1969 has awarded The...

• Here are a few of the most common indicators: Mold growth in corners where walls and ceilings meet. Condensation on walls or windows. Bubbling paint or wallpaper. Discoloration of the walls, ceiling or roof. Gaping holes in walls. Electrical work that has been tampered with. Bypassed hydrometer. High relative humidity.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Just my opinion, I don't want it legalized at all, so I'm biased, yes?

You betcha, lol.

But voting on a bill doesn't take into consideration the complications that the left wants to be kept quiet, and there isn't enough money to put it all in a bunch of tv ads.

The implementation of the law requires complexity - it isn't a simple "yes" vote for pot.

No problem with a "yes" or "no" vote at all, that's what we do.

My point is the will of the people, educated or uneducated on the issue(s) voted, voted on the issue/proposed language. Our state "representatives" have no right to alter the will of the people, regardless of where we stand. 

• Upvote 1

If you don’t want pot grown in your house, don’t grow it

Should we stop people from growing tomato’s indoors, or flowers? 

I know a person, who lives in suburban Cleveland, and he has a very big grow room. He doesn’t grow pot, he grows flowers and vegetables that he then transplants into his yard over the spring and summer. He’s been doing this for decades

Should he be stopped? Plants and vegetables are legal, just like pot is now

• Upvote 1

We planted a whole field of sunflowers. why can't some of these people smoke sunflower seeds and flowers? (mixed in with buckwheat - they can smoke buckwheat, too).

and there's no illegality about it.

The old days, they smoked with corncob pipes.

kids nowadays don't know how to solve problems.

I'm all for legalization , however. I do believe it should follow standards, Be safe, and be metered and distributed properly to those who need/benefit from it. I always thought alcohol was/is a much bigger danger and responsibility. Many of us have seen first hand. I'm not here to tell people how to live... You have to be responsible no matter what you chose to do.. To trust a fart or not.. therein lies the question!