THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade WR Donovan Peoples-Jones to the Lions for 6th round pick in 2025

dusty

But really this makes 0 sense to me, I know it’s his contract year and he’s gone after the season. But our WR room is not exactly bulging with talent to give away dpj for nothing.

Allegedly browns were unwilling to give more than a 6th for Jacoby too. If Watson is sucking ass or missing in Baltimore the fan base will be very unhappy with that decision

I get this part…Tillman needs to play…DPJ was probably never in the fold after 2023.  

But Depth is always needed I think you could have still worked Tillman in the lineup regardless so for what is essentially a 7th round pick two drafts from now…C- on this trade.  

i predicted he was going to be dealt before the deadline during camp

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Neo said:

I haven't heard his name called hardly at all this year. Maybe it was time to part ways.

I think probably partially because the dumpster fire qb play. Which probably also torpedo’d the value he had a couple months ago.

i get getting something over nothing, but what’ll probably be a late 6th 2 years from now just seems not worth the thinning of the receiver corps.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bbedward said:

Allegedly browns were unwilling to give more than a 6th for Jacoby too. If Watson is sucking ass or missing in Baltimore the fan base will be very unhappy with that decision

The DPJ trade makes total sense to me.

The above on the other hand is mind-boggling. Do they think Walker is doing well? His stats say otherwise! It is questionable whether Watson returns to form, if he returns at all, and we are effectively without any back-up!!

frustration-frustrated.gif

DPJ's numbers are quite low.  Do we want to blame the QB for that?  

I'm sorry to see him go.  He was a hard worker.  Never heard a bad word from or about him.  As far as contested catches, he excelled.  And he improved his punt catching and returns.  But sadly, he apparently was never open to throw the ball to him.  As a receiver, ya gotta create some separation.  I wish him the best of luck!  

• Upvote 1

I liked DPJ. Certainly not a breakaway type WR but has good hands (despite the pre draft scouting reports saying otherwise). Weird he was nearly invisible this year though.

The last scUM guy we traded was pretty good too, and is still playing in NE ( Peppers). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Dumb trade... They literally gave him away... Stupid Browns still doing stupid things...

he was not being productive #1

#2 we would lose him in F.A at years end

# 3 the money we save was can give to Cooper. and we get a 5 th round pick

14 minutes ago, syd said:

he was not being productive #1

#2 we would lose him in F.A at years end

# 3 the money we save was can give to Cooper. and we get a 5 th round pick

Still... We got basically zilch for him...

Trading is now over for this season.   All we can do is sign FA's.  

DPJ is no longer here.  Lets face it, he had Cooper, Njoku and Moore around him to draw coverage.  Time to see if the other WR's that we drafted can produce in the NFL.

Player REC YDS YDS/REC LNG TD

Amari Cooper 30 478 15.9 58 1

David Njoku 28 293 10.5 41 1

Elijah Moore 27 256 9.5 33 0

Jerome Ford 15 106 7.1 19 2

Donovan Peoples-Jones 8 97 12.1 29 0

Part of me hates trading away a capable player at a position that isn't exactly a strength, especially for a late draft pick, but the other sees that he was barely contributing and was gone after the season anyways, and if Tillman is ready to move into a more important role, I guess the Browns might as well let him.

The other part of me thinks that might be the longest run-on sentence in history.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Orion said:

A big if at this point.  But we'll probably find out soon enough.

Yeah, complete stab in the dark by me regarding this... I honestly had to think for a minute what his name was, he's been invisible this season so far. 

• Like 1

DPJ was a dime a dozen WR.  He had some nice moments, but he is just a guy.  We probably have 2-3 guys on the practice squad who can fill his shoes.

We got a 2025 6th round pick for the guy.  Low compensation for a guy not in high standing around the league.  Good deal IMO.  We got something for nothing.  The Lions got a punt catcher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Trading is now over for this season.   All we can do is sign FA's.  

DPJ is no longer here.  Lets face it, he had Cooper, Njoku and Moore around him to draw coverage.  Time to see if the other WR's that we drafted can produce in the NFL.

Player REC YDS YDS/REC LNG TD

Amari Cooper 30 478 15.9 58 1

David Njoku 28 293 10.5 41 1

Elijah Moore 27 256 9.5 33 0

Jerome Ford 15 106 7.1 19 2

Donovan Peoples-Jones 8 97 12.1 29 0

Jerome Ford is leading our team in TD receptions with 2?   Even scarier, that's 50% of the TD receptions after 7 games?   And Amari Cooper only has 1 TD at this point?   

A passing game reduced to the vision of a backup QB's reading glasses isn't going to keep the WR Corps happy for long, if at all. - Captain Obvious

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, complete stab in the dark by me regarding this... I honestly had to think for a minute what his name was, he's been invisible this season so far. 

Lucky for him, look at the volume of TD receptions by the WRs on this roster.  There's department store mannequins with just as many TD receptions as all of the WRs on this roster except Cooper (who has 1 TD reception).