THE BROWNS BOARD

"First Amendment for Me and Not for Thee"

VaporTrail

I'm not going to rehash the pending SCOTUS case regarding the Biden administration pressuring tech companies to censor "disinformation" and "hate speech." It was cheered on by a bunch of idiots in the media and government who genuinely think "hate speech is not free speech" trumps the Constitution. The tech companies' decisions to go along with the Biden administration was rightfully derided by "conservatives."

Now, these same "conservatives" are chipping away at the first amendment in the wake of the crisis in Israel. 

Exhibit A: If your college has anti-Zionist protestors, then your federal funding will get pulled. Thank god this retard has no chance at the presidency. 
image.thumb.png.72002a32048f4d0fc25ff4ff05e89440.png

Exhibit B: Desantis bans pro-Palestine groups from Florida state universities campuses citing terroristic threats. Below is the chancellor's letter. 

image.thumb.png.0fe3d0800e8fa8b30e3b6cacab245867.png

Didn't we already go through this shit in 2001 with the Patriot Act? Erosion of the Bill of Rights is bad and should be opposed in all forms because, as the last 8 years have demonstrated, it can be applied to anyone the current government doesn't like. Someone needs to tell these GOP idiots that they're running for president of the US, not president of Israel. 

I'm still waiting for more of the Jewish mega-donors to the nation's failed academies, 

to wake up and stop donating to them.

Leon Cooperman comes close with a threat but fails to act. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/jewish-billionaire-donor-leon-cooperman-threatens-to-cut-off-columbia-university-for-anti-israel-activity/ar-AA1j2AVj

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 6:40 AM, VaporTrail said:

Now, these same "conservatives" are chipping away at the first amendment in the wake of the crisis in Israel. 

Exhibit A: If your college has anti-Zionist protestors, then your federal funding will get pulled. Thank god this retard has no chance at the presidency. 

You are being ignorant - supporting terrorism can not be "free speech".

supporting hamas vile war crimes is not "free speech".

With freedoms come responsibility and supporting terrorists is irresponsible and threatening to every

American everywhere.

That is "inciting to riot" and is death threats to Jewish Americans, as well as an entire nation, as well as death threats to all of us who support Israel.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

You are being ignorant - supporting terrorism can not be "free speech".

supporting hamas vile war crimes is not "free speech".

With freedoms come responsibility and supporting terrorists is irresponsible and threatening to every

American everywhere.

That is "inciting to riot" and is death threats to Jewish Americans, as well as an entire nation, as well as death threats to all of us who support Israel.

Case in point. Stop trying to ban speech you don't like. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Face it; the ship we call freedom of speech has sailed long long ago. So has life liberty and the pursuit of happiness but that's another discussion.

(Gag order; are you fucking kidding me?)

WSS

No, it hasn't. We are NOT Europe (at least not yet). Here's a picture of an English soccer fan getting arrested this year for wearing a jersey making light of the 97 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough crush incident. These tea sipping assholes just can't handle the banter. We can still wear shirts to Browns games with all sorts of imaginative depictions of killing A*t, and no one would bat an eye. I'm going to continue to advocate for the Bill of Rights no matter how scared people get of the bogeyman of the month. 

image.png.ef6322465529956b65e597b57f7aa97e.png

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

No, it hasn't. We are NOT Europe (at least not yet). Here's a picture of an English soccer fan getting arrested this year for wearing a jersey making light of the 97 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough crush incident. These tea sipping assholes just can't handle the banter. We can still wear shirts to Browns games with all sorts of imaginative depictions of killing A*t, and no one would bat an eye. I'm going to continue to advocate for the Bill of Rights no matter how scared people get of the bogeyman of the month. 

image.png.ef6322465529956b65e597b57f7aa97e.png

Keywords being not yet. Europe is worse, no doubt, but history did not begin 25 years ago. Go back a few decades and ask people what they would think of getting fired for using the incorrect pronoun.

WSS

13 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

this means nothing. would you care to try to explain ?

you can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

It isn't that speech isn't liked, it's that that speech is destructive to society.

Your pro-palestinian bias is tough to follow.

In the 18th century it was common for someone who printed pamphlets advocating democracy over monarchy or one church over the other to be flogged or hung for sedition. That's why they wrote the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment as simple as that. Sometimes conservatives are accused of wanting to turn the clock back to the 1950s but these guys want to turn it back to the 1750s.

WSS

On 11/1/2023 at 6:40 AM, VaporTrail said:

I'm not going to rehash the pending SCOTUS case regarding the Biden administration pressuring tech companies to censor "disinformation" and "hate speech." It was cheered on by a bunch of idiots in the media and government who genuinely think "hate speech is not free speech" trumps the Constitution. The tech companies' decisions to go along with the Biden administration was rightfully derided by "conservatives."

image.thumb.png.72002a32048f4d0fc25ff4ff05e89440.png

Exhibit B: Desantis bans pro-Palestine groups from Florida state universities campuses citing terroristic threats. Below is the chancellor's letter. 

image.thumb.png.0fe3d0800e8fa8b30e3b6cacab245867.png

Didn't we already go through this shit in 2001 with the Patriot Act? Erosion of the Bill of Rights is bad and should be opposed in all forms because, as the last 8 years have demonstrated, it can be applied to anyone the current government doesn't like. Someone needs to tell these GOP idiots that they're running for president of the US, not president of Israel. 

Big difference between supporting terrorists and hiding behind the new made up ideologies of hate speech in which that term is specifically introduced to control speech or opposition such is being used by the left to suppress maga voters.

Speech should not incite violence, and there are times when there is actually a valid concern but because the lefties blurred that line to abuse it's meaning it's difficult to agree when such times actually exist.

Having laws against supporting terrorists seems pretty clear cut, where is the problem exactly with this law in specific?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 4:17 AM, VaporTrail said:

I agree, free speech is free speech regardless of whether you like it or not.

What are your thoughts on the WH and DNC censoring conservative tweets on Twitter?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jax said:

Big difference between supporting terrorists and hiding behind the new made up ideologies of hate speech in which that term is specifically introduced to control speech or opposition such is being used by the left to suppress maga voters.

Speech should not incite violence, and there are times when there is actually a valid concern but because the lefties blurred that line to abuse it's meaning it's difficult to agree when such times actually exist.

Having laws against supporting terrorists seems pretty clear cut, where is the problem exactly with this law in specific?

To the left conservative speech IS violence. The left reacts with physical violence feeling justified and entitled to do so.

So the blame is on conservatism. Suppressing all conservative speech is the solution.

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I agree, free speech is free speech regardless of whether you like it or not.

What are your thoughts on the WH and DNC censoring conservative tweets on Twitter?

Personally, I think it was a blatantly illegal abuse of power. I'm looking forward to Missouri vs Biden getting elevated to the Supreme Court. I'm also looking forward to these Silicon Valley twats being charged with perjury for lying about it to Congress. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, Westside Steve said:

Keywords being not yet. Europe is worse, no doubt, but history did not begin 25 years ago. Go back a few decades and ask people what they would think of getting fired for using the incorrect pronoun.

WSS

It's all cyclical. The last time inflation was this high and tranny shit being pushed on the public was Weimar Germany in 1932...

57 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Good news. The Florida universities are refusing to enforce Gov Desantis' mandate because they're concerned about being personally liable for damages (i.e. - their lawyers know damn well it's a blatant 1A violation). 

Refresh my memory; what was the mandate again?

WSS 

This idiot cannot help herself. Here's the shot.

image.png.9d3756230ad63f9b3fa9b22c7a8b6386.png

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1724524144954380794

And after a few days of everyone roasting her... Here's the chaser

image.png.10a3cebab07b1c22d4e426df4cb11f08.png

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1724828429923811794

It's no wonder that the legacy media chose her as their darling candidate

see Vapor change subject. Avoids, again, criticizing hamas' horrific war crimes.

including using hospitals and civilians as a defense while they shoot thousands of rockets

at Israeli civilian targets....

14 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

He ordered that the Florida universities deactivate the pro-Palestinian groups on campus because they're "associated with terrorism." The actual document from the school is in the first post in this thread. 

Oh, okay. Well I can certainly grasp the concept of a hands-off approach to free speech but I can't imagine the courts being as lenient if somebody wanted to start a pro American Nazi party or Ku Klux Klan group on campus. I'm struggling to find the silver lining in Hamas or hezbollah.

WSS

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh, okay. Well I can certainly grasp the concept of a hands-off approach to free speech but I can't imagine the courts being as lenient if somebody wanted to start a pro American Nazi party or Ku Klux Klan group on campus. I'm struggling to find the silver lining in Hamas or hezbollah.

WSS

Brandenburg vs Ohio is the precedent for that. I'd be shocked if an example of your case today would even make it to the Supreme Court. The lower courts would uphold that decision, IMO. 

15 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Brandenburg vs Ohio is the precedent for that. I'd be shocked if an example of your case today would even make it to the Supreme Court. The lower courts would uphold that decision, IMO. 

a bit of baloney ..... you have to differentiate between "inflammatory speech", which makes some folks mad, and speech that incites an illegal action.

intentionally inciting to riot, illegal. yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, illegal. Saying or directly inferring to rape, murder and torture Jews or anyone else - illegal.

So, no, it is no precedent for the latter.

When you blur the lines between legal and illegal, you know you're a left-wing liberal knee-jerking sombeitch.

(see? that was mildly inflammatory, but does NOT espouse any committing of any illegal action.

Therefore, the "pro-hamas" , Pro-"palestinian chants are the latter, which is illegal.

Without responsibilities, there is no freedoms. Anyone would be free to usurp all your freedoms.

You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...