THE BROWNS BOARD

Enjoy Cooper while we can.

Kvoethe

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

23 hours ago, Flugel said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

The problem is Half of the teams have a Wills type player at tackle they would like to replace next season.  

If you are good to solid tackle you are going get paid this coming offseason.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Believe it or not, I said that before the game.  His agent will probably sell him as a RT (his previous comfort/experience at Bama).  Somewhere within the 31 other teams I think they can find a taker for the former 10th pick overall.  We'll see.

I've been a big critic of his but I actually felt bad for the guy when he got injured yesterday.  He got injured earlier in the game and returned.  Then he got the serious knee injury later playing through his other lower leg injury.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:12 PM, Unsympathetic said:

he's only 29 [30 next season] and is one of if not the best route-runner in the game

gotta have somebody be the #1.. every time a team tries to have a collection of WR3's, every one turns out to stink

Additionally, while extremely good as a player I'm confident he understands the market for him isn't in the top 7 of the league (where $24 million is roughly). On top of his age, you're right- he's a great candidate for something like you're describing to keep him through his contract in 2024. Dude can still ball and no one on the team appears poised to take over that spot.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Believe it or not, I said that before the game.  His agent will probably sell him as a RT (his previous comfort/experience at Bama).  Somewhere within the 31 other teams I think they can find a taker for the former 10th pick overall.  We'll see.

I've been a big critic of his but I actually felt bad for the guy when he got injured yesterday.  He got injured earlier in the game and returned.  Then he got the serious knee injury later playing through his other lower leg injury.

Ditto.. He's a good kid.. it's just a bad break.. No pun...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

3 minutes ago, syd said:

i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

well you know what they say about assumptions ? and so i will assume a certain poster wasn't wearing his helmet again 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

well you know what they say about assumptions ? and so i will assume a certain poster wasn't wearing his helmet again 

Ahhh I see your Boyfriend Dutch is sending you love letters again... Whens the wedding?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, syd said:

na dude im not part of the poli board > I just post facts. Which i will say again, Facts are something nickers can not deal with

Fact is you're a drunken asshole with a drinking problem.. Get help

https://www.stellamariscleveland.com/

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I saw something somewhere on the interwebs that Wills won't be out for the season.  It was an MCL sprain and some bruises. You know, Wills catches a lot of shot on here but my heart went out for him when I see him in tears. Not much being said about his injury here on this board. I wish him well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Are there concerns with the cap, yes.

Don't let that toxic "heavy.com" stuff influence you too much. I quit reading it, it's all innuendo & negativity.imho.

No kidding; heavy really is a piece of crap site.

And yes Cooper has been a pleasant surprise the rap on him in Dallas is he didn't want to be there and didn't want to put in a lot of effort. Seems like he's perked up. Don't know how much he's making. I guess it doesn't matter if he's into it.

WSS

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No kidding; heavy really is a piece of crap site.

And yes Cooper has been a pleasant surprise the rap on him in Dallas is he didn't want to be there and didn't want to put in a lot of effort. Seems like he's perked up. Don't know how much he's making. I guess it doesn't matter if he's into it.

WSS

I expect some restructure throughout the Browns if the season plays out really well. Players want to help a winner get even better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I expect some restructure throughout the Browns if the season plays out really well. Players want to help a winner get even better.

Yeah , I doubt Coop is going anywhere folks.. He's all class...

Yeah , I doubt Coop is going anywhere folks.. He's all class...

I hope not, but to keep him- Berry is going to have to do some real creative bookkeeping tricks. Coop is scheduled to make $20 million next year- ouch... #1 WR money. Can't say he doesn't deserve it. 

The problem comes with the $$$ Wills and Conklin are due in 2024.  Add in big money we're paying to Garrett and Ward. As of now, the Browns are $6 million under water next year on cap space. Would Watson play nice nice and restructure some of that money he's due? FYI Nickers, this isn't just a Cleveland problem- it's a league wide issue for any NFL team that is shelling out huge contracts to their starting quarterbacks.  Look no farther than Kansas City having to unload Tyreek Hill- because they couldn't afford both him and Pat Mahomes. 😉

Maybe in fantasy land, Watson, Cooper, Wills, and Conklin will all restructure- but I wouldn't count on it. After all "it's a business".  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL you talkin' about me son? LOL, this isn't the Poli Board nickers, so I deleted some of the insults....  

No Lar.. While we have disagreements on a couple of things , I think we're both civil enough to look past that.. I only give back to people what they give to me.. Syd and Dutch can take their holier than thou selves and drown in Lake Erie for all I care...  I have bigger and better aspirations in life... You reap what you sow...

• Haha 1

No Lar.. While we have disagreements on a couple of things , I think we're both civil enough to look past that.. I only give back to people what they give to me.. Syd and Dutch can take their holier than thou selves and drown in Lake Erie for all I care...  I have bigger and better aspirations in life... You reap what you sow...

Finally moving out of your mother's house nickers?

Good for you!

• Haha 1