THE BROWNS BOARD

It's over.......... thanks cleveland.

dawgdiggler

They knew something was wrong . The trade deadline passes and they said forget it. They put all their chips on table   NOW WHAT he's gone for season. Pj walker???? Won't even watch 

I went to Seattle and had sideline rickets WITH the team.. They don't like walker  he sucks and they grumble about it while he's on field. . Talk about lockerroom issues 

The browns need to call fitzmagic  he SAID he would play for them in national TV. 

If not........its over

Yet another season ......poof

• Upvote 1

I know it's hard being positive, but sheesh. 

I for one cannot wait to tailgate & go to the game Sunday. The potential of beating the two teams I hate the most in back-to-back weeks is exciting. What happens from there, who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I know it's hard being positive, but sheesh. 

I for one cannot wait to tailgate & go to the game Sunday. The potential of beating the two teams I hate the most in back-to-back weeks is exciting. What happens from there, who knows. 

"And we'll have fun, fun, fun till the squealers take the f-bird away"

"Help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda!"

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dawgdiggler said:

They knew something was wrong . The trade deadline passes and they said forget it. They put all their chips on table   NOW WHAT he's gone for season. Pj walker???? Won't even watch 

I went to Seattle and had sideline rickets WITH the team.. They don't like walker  he sucks and they grumble about it while he's on field. . Talk about lockerroom issues 

The browns need to call fitzmagic  he SAID he would play for them in national TV. 

If not........its over

Check my rant in another thread....  Berry screwed the pooch at the trade deadline not going  after Dobbs or Brissette.  Either could have been had for a 5th round pick. But NO!!!!!   Nostradumbass Andy looked into his crystal ball and ascertained that there was ZERO chance that Watson could get hurt again. 🤬🤬🤬

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Check my rant in another thread....  Berry screwed the pooch at the trade deadline not going  after Dobbs or Brissette.  Either could have been had for a 5th round pick. But NO!!!!!   Nostradumbass Andy looked into his crystal ball and ascertained that there was ZERO chance that Watson could get hurt again. 🤬🤬🤬

Well, allegedly they offered a 6th for brisket. The other rumor is Washington wanted a third (which I don’t buy, who would give a 3rd for an expiring contract backup). 

I’m sure they could have packaged DPJ and a 5th or something.

Oh well, my guess is we get stuck with a Cam Newton type.

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Berry screwed the pooch

For the record, I believed in Watson when we first got him, stood behind him while his shoulder was injured, and I still stand behind that when he is right that he is the best QB the Browns have had in a while. He is the guy, the team rallies behind him. I don't see how you could give someone a fully guaranteed contract and all those draft picks without some heads rolling. Berry is in a pickle, the defense is playing as good as any historic defense and has us in position to contend for a Super Bowl. He needs to get the QB situation ironed out as soon as possible. Which is why I said in another thread if DTR comes out and stinks the place up AGAIN, it would not surprise me to see him on the street. He needs to find a long term solution to QB and fast.

29 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Well, allegedly they offered a 6th for brisket. The other rumor is Washington wanted a third (which I don’t buy, who would give a 3rd for an expiring contract backup). 

Speak of the devil bb...  did you just see some of those Internet rumors?  Seems Cam is a free agent, and available...  Would Fitzpatrick give up his cushy network gig to get beaten up again? Don't think so.  :)  

Thing is the Browns have two 5th round picks next year, and Berry tried the lowball approach- and screwed the team in the process.  They could have gotten Dobbs for even less..."The Cardinals are trading Dobbs and a 2024 seventh-round pick to the Vikings in exchange for a 2024 sixth-rounder" :(  Sure seems like one of those 5th round picks would have been plenty...  

18 minutes ago, Neo said:

For the record, I believed in Watson when we first got him, stood behind him while his shoulder was injured, and I still stand behind that when he is right that he is the best QB the Browns have had in a while. He is the guy, the team rallies behind him. I don't see how you could give someone a fully guaranteed contract and all those draft picks without some heads rolling. Berry is in a pickle, the defense is playing as good as any historic defense and has us in position to contend for a Super Bowl. He needs to get the QB situation ironed out as soon as possible. Which is why I said in another thread if DTR comes out and stinks the place up AGAIN, it would not surprise me to see him on the street. He needs to find a long term solution to QB and fast.

For this season Neo... there isn't a viable solution... It's ride it out with DTR, or some scrap heap has-been qb waiting by the phone for an eight game payday.  Maybe, hopefully DTR can flash some of what we saw out of him in preseason. But, as is too often the case- what happens in preseason is no indication of what happens when the games start counting.   

Berry, pickle?  You got that right... Pickle-head Berry should have stabilized the backup quarterback situation BEFORE the trade deadline- while he still had the chance. 🤬

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"And we'll have fun, fun, fun till the squealers take the f-bird away"

"Help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda!"

For the record, I was never into the Beach Boys' music🤣

I don't like the Bee Gees a whole lot either, but if Casey Kasem was still alive, I'd ask for a long distance dedication..."this is Bob, could you please play TRAGEDY for NE Ohio and all the Browns fans elsewhere." 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

Washington hates us.  The guy signed a one year deal and they are out of it and will give the young guy all the snaps anyway. And they would save 4M.  

On 11/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, dawgdiggler said:

If not........its over

Did America say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

On 11/15/2023 at 10:36 AM, dawgdiggler said:

If not........its over

maybe not "poof". On the news they said Joe Flacco was visiting the Browns....he was the qb when the ratbird defense took them to the superbowl.

The first half - at one point....watson's qb rating was ...... 6.3.

Sadly, that isn't even a joke. Flacco would be a very interesting upgrade. I think....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

maybe not "poof". On the news they said Joe Flacco was visiting the Browns....he was the qb when the ratbird defense took them to the superbowl.

The first half - at one point....watson's qb rating was ...... 6.3.

Sadly, that isn't even a joke. Flacco would be a very interesting upgrade. I think....

You really do have a hard time with saying "14 of 14" don't you.

• Haha 3