THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign Joe Flacco to Practice Squad

bbedward

The browns losing to Denver is what it is, I don’t think we can point fingers at stefanski at strong at Walker. Shit happens. If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card they would be the biggest collapse in NFL history.

We’re destined to be a wild card, Joe Flacco is destined to meme the ravens at M&T bank stadium in the playoffs. 

Joe Flacco knocks out the ravens on the way to his second Super Bowl MVP. Ultimate fan fiction 

2 hours ago, bbedward said:

The browns losing to Denver is what it is, I don’t think we can point fingers at stefanski at strong at Walker. Shit happens. If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card they would be the biggest collapse in NFL history.

We’re destined to be a wild card, Joe Flacco is destined to meme the ravens at M&T bank stadium in the playoffs. 

Joe Flacco knocks out the ravens on the way to his second Super Bowl MVP. Ultimate fan fiction 

Just for the record, nobody really wants Flacco starting. It's unfortunate DTR got hurt. Now the Browns may have to start him just to stave off any kind of losing skid. If Flacco gets hurt, then what? Does anyone really want PJ Walker or Harrison Bryant starting a playoff game for the Browns? We can only hope DTR is back ASAP.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Just for the record, nobody really wants Flacco starting. It's unfortunate DTR got hurt. Now the Browns may have to start him just to stave off any kind of losing skid. If Flacco gets hurt, then what? Does anyone really want PJ Walker or Harrison Bryant starting a playoff game for the Browns? We can only hope DTR is back ASAP.

Didn't want to see any of our players get hurt, but definitely done with DTR starting. That leaves Flacco, because PJ is just a train wreck. Hopefully DTR recovers soon, but only to be Flacco's back-up.

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

Well when you eat Butterfingers for breakfast it tends to make you Swartzlike in your yards after no catch.😋🧈🙌

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bbedward said:

He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

What school does he play for?

• Haha 1

People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Flugel said:

I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

Funny because were dead last in YAC... I think all of our TE's are inconsistent.. Part of that is having a diff QB every other week... Part of it is lack of focus..Njoku must be gettin some good Ganj or he's to worried about celebrating before he makes the catch..

28 Cleveland Browns 11 217 391 55.5 1993 9 2.3 13 3.3 59 5.7 4.6 10.2 181.2 65.8 33 225 7.8 4.7 3.7  

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Funny because were dead last in YAC... I think all of our TE's are inconsistent.. Part of that is having a diff QB every other week... Part of it is lack of focus..Njoku must be gettin some good Ganj or he's to worried about celebrating before he makes the catch..

28 Cleveland Browns 11 217 391 55.5 1993 9 2.3 13 3.3 59 5.7 4.6 10.2 181.2 65.8 33 225 7.8 4.7 3.7  

Thanks Nicks!  I just like how physical Njoku can be after the catch.  Sometimes watching Hunt get the tough yards near the goal line is fun as Hell.  It ain't gonna break any yards after contact but it has a way of getting us 6 points when we need it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

Browns QB Joe Flacco is taking snaps as QB1 and could start vs. the Rams, per

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been made official yet. 

Can't see DTR failing concussion protocol one Sunday and then starting seven days later, and PJ Walker should always be the absolute last resort. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, syd said:

competitive edge ? I have no idea 

Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

9 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

4 minutes ago, syd said:

I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

For DTR and Flacco I'd say...yes

The practice reps for the rams would be significantly different for those 2 quarterbacks. How much it matters is another matter, it might mean the rams are underprepared for one of the options - it might mean they spent all week practicing containing a mobile quarterback and now all that practice time was wasted.

In practice how much does it actually impact things with pro teams, idk - but even for the 0.01% advantage might as well keep it tight lipped.

Though to be fair for Walker it does not matter, he is absolute shit. DTR may clear concussion protocol and start but I think that's pretty rare to do in a week, so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway

Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference 

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference 

Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?

I think Flacco can win a lot of games for the browns actually, but it may not be that pretty. At the least, he won’t turn it over that much and he’ll give us a deep threat which we haven’t had without Watson.

Flacco at his current state can give us average, which is better than what we’ve had all season long (except for some Watson games)

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2023 at 6:25 PM, Orion said:

He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

On 11/26/2023 at 11:51 PM, bbedward said:

If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card

I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen! 

I'm actually really optimistic on what the offense will look like with Flacco under center compared to the one DTR pilots. I'm expecting that the defense won't be put on nearly as many short fields with turnovers and I'm expecting a much better TOP will go even further to helping the D.

I do think a loss is the most realistic outcome, but I'm as hopeful as I've been all year, and yes, that means with Watson as well.... I worry far less about Joe and his play than I do Kevin and his ability to call the best offensive game plan for his new toy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen! 

With the best defender being a one armed man, even the Fugitive would have a difficult time pulling off a win.💪