THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Michigan, Again (Again)

MLD Woody

37 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Well said!  Unfortunately, they get a great big *Even though Casey Kasem isn't around to honor the real hero - Carly Simon would like to honor the adoration and affection of the guy stealing signs on the University of Missedagain's coin. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Not for nothing but what made Texas more worthy than FSU, Georgia or Ohio State?

I knew that Hail Mary pass for Alabama against a 5 loss Auburn team was gonna mess everything up for Florida State.

As much as I love tOSU, they were doomed as soon as they lost.

I actually thought the committee would leave out the SEC entirely. No team ever went from #8 to the playoff without chaos, and there really was no chaos on conference championship weekend. 

My hunch is the committee needed tOSU or 'Bama for ratings....these are teams that many love and many hate, like the Dallas Cowboys. Since 'Bama won, well they got their wish.

It should be interesting. The teams that make it usually put a few new wrinkles into the game plan. 

Me, I'm rooting for Texas, the only team of the 4 I can tolerate.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I actually thought the committee would leave out the SEC entirely. No team ever went from #8 to the playoff without chaos, and there really was no chaos on conference championship weekend. 

My hunch is the committee needed tOSU or 'Bama for ratings....these are teams that many love and many hate, like the Dallas Cowboys. Since 'Bama won, well they got their wish.

It should be interesting. The teams that make it usually put a few new wrinkles into the game plan. 

Well said Bob!  The ratings DO matter.  This will have to be one of those years where the Champion is just okay.  

I gotta be honest, the Big 10 & the SEC sucked this year.  Penn State  = Ole Miss in the sense they aren't beating the 2 highest rated teams in the conference. McCord never gave me the sense he could be come up as big as Justin Field or CJ Stroud.  Quite simply, if Marvin Harrison doesn't get a concussion when they were up 21-7 on Georgia - Ohio State wins another National Championship against the team that made Michigan call 911; but the poor operator thought it was Ghoolie screwing around again so she put them on hold.  Their season died on the spot because nobody was available for the Heimlich Maneuver.  

I'm glad the Big 10 is adding some Pac 12 Teams; because the Big 10 was horrible this year.  In the past the Big 10 had Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa and Purdue that could give Ohio State and Missedagain 60 minutes of battle.  In addition, Notre Dame would get on the schedule of some of the Big 10 teams - although Missedagain didn't schedule them this year.  This year, Iowa had a really good defense but their offense looked like something Cornell could put together so that worked out really good for TSUN!

I think I'll root for Texas or Washington.  

• Upvote 1

@Flugelyes, the Big 10 is down. I'm really miffed at Wisconsin's demise. Barry Alvarez left/retired, wow they stink. 

I'm a bit worried about tOSU. That's a lot of transfers, maybe I'm over reacting but it smells like trouble.

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

They missed a golden opportunity to pit Georgia vs Ohio State in a nationally televised game. I certainly think that rematch would be a bigger ratings draw than Missouri vs OSU.

Good point CD!  I read somewhere that McCord is already in the transfer portal; and one has to wonder how many of the top prospects will opt out of the Bowl Games like Caleb Williams at USC is doing.  It's tough to predict how some of the teams that got snubbed will respond; and how many top draft prospects will opt out.

15 hours ago, Flugel said:

No, after Urban Meyer went undefeated against TSUN - it was nice to finally get challenged.  I didn't realize Harbaugh was so insecure he needed a guy to steal signs to benefit his program.  That could have been a nice story for you Woody.  It's like getting Heidi Kluhm or Minka Kelly in the sack; and you're all done before you can even get your underwear off Woody.  

Whatever lies you have to tell yourself man. 

I guess we're in the denial stage 

15 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Genuinely curious, why don't you like Washington? It feels like they haven't done enough in recent history to have a string opinion of them one way or another. 

14 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well said Bob!  The ratings DO matter.  This will have to be one of those years where the Champion is just okay.  

I gotta be honest, the Big 10 & the SEC sucked this year.  Penn State  = Ole Miss in the sense they aren't beating the 2 highest rated teams in the conference. McCord never gave me the sense he could be come up as big as Justin Field or CJ Stroud.  Quite simply, if Marvin Harrison doesn't get a concussion when they were up 21-7 on Georgia - Ohio State wins another National Championship against the team that made Michigan call 911; but the poor operator thought it was Ghoolie screwing around again so she put them on hold.  Their season died on the spot because nobody was available for the Heimlich Maneuver.  

I'm glad the Big 10 is adding some Pac 12 Teams; because the Big 10 was horrible this year.  In the past the Big 10 had Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa and Purdue that could give Ohio State and Missedagain 60 minutes of battle.  In addition, Notre Dame would get on the schedule of some of the Big 10 teams - although Missedagain didn't schedule them this year.  This year, Iowa had a really good defense but their offense looked like something Cornell could put together so that worked out really good for TSUN!

I think I'll root for Texas or Washington.  

Fyi, ND backed out on us after they picked up their partial ACC schedule. 

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

They missed a golden opportunity to pit Georgia vs Ohio State in a nationally televised game. I certainly think that rematch would be a bigger ratings draw than Missouri vs OSU.

It would be a bowl of second stringers (and it should be, no reason to risk injury before going pro)

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Good point CD!  I read somewhere that McCord is already in the transfer portal; and one has to wonder how many of the top prospects will opt out of the Bowl Games like Caleb Williams at USC is doing.  It's tough to predict how some of the teams that got snubbed will respond; and how many top draft prospects will opt out.

I think OSU has the most players in the portal out of all top 25 teams right now. But the portal giveth too and OSU has good NIL so I'm sure they'll reload 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Genuinely curious, why don't you like Washington? It feels like they haven't done enough in recent history to have a string opinion of them one way or another. 

It's a Big 10 vs PAC 12 thing, actually more of a Big 10 vs PAC 8 Rose Bowl thing, that's all. While tOSU only played them once in the Rose Bowl (2021 I think), I always rooted for a Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl....and they usually came up short (USC, UCLA, Washington, Stanford). The PAC 8 pretty much dominated the Rose Bowl when I was a kid/young adult.

I did like Warren Moon however as he threw the best damn spiral 90% of the time ( even though he played for the rival Oilers). He might be considered an all-time NFL great if he was in the NFL right away instead of the CFL.

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It would be a bowl of second stringers (and it should be, no reason to risk injury before going pro)

So a Missouri vs OSU would be a competition between first stringers? 🤔

It boils down to a little history between Georgia vs OSU compared to no history between Mizz and OSU.

25 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So a Missouri vs OSU would be a competition between first stringers? 🤔

It boils down to a little history between Georgia vs OSU compared to no history between Mizz and OSU.

Tragedy... 1976 Missouri 22 tOSU 21....in Columbus. I was 13, I'm still bitter lol.

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's a Big 10 vs PAC 12 thing, actually more of a Big 10 vs PAC 8 Rose Bowl thing, that's all. While tOSU only played them once in the Rose Bowl (2021 I think), I always rooted for a Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl....and they usually came up short (USC, UCLA, Washington, Stanford). The PAC 8 pretty much dominated the Rose Bowl when I was a kid/young adult.

I did like Warren Moon however as he threw the best damn spiral 90% of the time ( even though he played for the rival Oilers). He might be considered an all-time NFL great if he was in the NFL right away instead of the CFL.

They're Big Ten soon so you'll have to start rooting for them haha 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Whatever lies you have to tell yourself man. 

I guess we're in the denial stage 

Fact:  Urban Meyer was a perfect 7-0 against TSUN and the last 4 of those were against Harbaugh in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Right before all that Tressel went 9-1-0 against your team and Luke Fickell went 0-1 as an interim Head Coach. That's a 16-2 record against your boys.

Fact: Harbaugh's program was dirty enough to warrant a 3 game suspension of the Head Coach. 

Fact: Harbaugh is 3-5 against Ohio State.  As much as Ryan Day has struggled in this rivalry - he didn't start off 0-4 like Harbaugh did.  He's 1-3 against your team.

All that said, we have to go all the way back to BC (Before Cell Phones) - before I have any need for denial in this discussion.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:52 PM, Flugel said:

Fact:  Urban Meyer was a perfect 7-0 against TSUN and the last 4 of those were against Harbaugh in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Right before all that Tressel went 9-1-0 against your team and Luke Fickell went 0-1 as an interim Head Coach. That's a 16-2 record against your boys.

Fact: Harbaugh's program was dirty enough to warrant a 3 game suspension of the Head Coach. 

Fact: Harbaugh is 3-5 against Ohio State.  As much as Ryan Day has struggled in this rivalry - he didn't start off 0-4 like Harbaugh did.  He's 1-3 against your team.

All that said, we have to go all the way back to BC (Before Cell Phones) - before I have any need for denial in this discussion.

Hahahahaha

Whatever you have to tell yourself man

Day inherited a Ferrari. Born on third

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Who is OSU playing in their CFP match?

Mizzou.  It took you 3 days to come up with that?  😆

Poor Florida State went undefeated and got snubbed from the final 4 without doing anything corrupt like your school. This college football season will definitely need the * 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

And it just keeps coming.

Buh bye harbutt.

As soon as they get clobbered by Alabama, he will be off to the Chicago Bears

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39156339/michigan-receives-ncaa-notice-allegations-recruiting-violations

• Haha 1