THE BROWNS BOARD

Jason, Aloy, Ytown, Shep

Vegasdogg

After Anderson tied the franchise record for TD passes in a game and was NFL player of the week, the hot topic was when would Quinn replace Anderson, week 3 or week 4?

Is it possible that many of us, while certainly enjoying the ride, knew Anderson's play was merely a mirage?

Seems those folks were proven correct.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS
I hate to have to explain history over and over but here goes.

There were two groups of people in 2007. Those who wanted Charlie Frye to start and those who wanted Brady Quinn to start.

Both groups agreed that Anderson should get cut. Tony Grossi predicted that Anderson would be cut prior to week 1.

Ken Dorsey was their favored choice for the #3. Something about him being very intelligent and coach-like (probably because he looks like an accountant)

When Frye got a one way ticket to Seattle, the Frye fans converted to Quinn fans.

After Anderson tied the franchise record for TD passes in a game and was NFL player of the week, the hot topic was when would Quinn replace Anderson, week 3 or week 4?

The consensus was that the change would take place no later than the bye week 7.

However some especially overzealous Quinn fans made weekly proclimations that Anderson would put the team in a 3 TD hole by halftime and Quinn would come in riding a white horse at halftime and lead a glorious comeback. (inspecta, shep)

This is when somebody named lumbergh decided to join up and pimp smack you BQ homos back into your mommas basements.

LOL ... Lum's right. No one ever gave DA a chance. Only thing missing from the above truth, is how DA saved Crennels & Savages jobs, making even those losers look good for a period of time.

Quinn has nice biceps though and one day, he too may accomplish something.

Nah, not those other fellas, theyre great no lie, but not on that level.

Youve been getting better lately, so be nice (i cant tell if your being bad sarcastic, or good sarcastic), I'd hate to see you relapse Riffer

I still dont understand why so many people are reluctant to give Quinn time? Is it because most of you are older and dont have much time left? Are you impatient? I repeatedlt bring up the Eli Manning situation and it doesnt seem to soak in. zombo has dodged that one quite effectivel

Eli to me is always a bad example. Because one could really argue that if going by Eli, CLE should have given DA another year (although Eli did show a bit more growth than DA).

Guest ATENEARS
Is it possible that many of us, while certainly enjoying the ride, knew Anderson's play was merely a mirage?

Seems those folks were proven correct.

A mirage? The guy saved that season. After Charlie Frye imploded in the first half of game #1, the season was over. DA at least gave us a good run, even if for a handful of games.

The Miarge so far has been Quinn ... a mirage by definition is an 'optical phenomenon', but once get up upon it, there's nothing there. What's the guy done?

yeah Anderson's good games are actually bad.

and Quinn's bad games are actually good.

that's the jist of your reasoning. I get what you're trying to say.

And that's why I call you BQueer Nation.

LOL ... Lum's right. No one ever gave DA a chance..

WTF are you smoking? He was the starting QB last year, and could not surpass 135 YPG his first 4 games, and in 6 of 9 starts he had 140 YPG. Are you serious with this shit? Then, he is given equal reps and equal opportunities this season the take the job and failed. He had many chances, 27 of them.

Guest ATENEARS
Hey, you're back! Just in time...

Did they have the cords for ya in waist 46?

Now thats a real knee slapper ...

You know that you can go back and edit or even delete your own posts right? ... you should have, but I can understand the giddiness to duplicate your funny of yesterday.

The Miarge so far has been Quinn ... a mirage by definition is an 'optical phenomenon', but once get up upon it, there's nothing there. What's the guy done?

Anderson got his shot. I advocated he get his chance this spring/summer, too. He got that chance. He lost.

Quinn hasn't done jack shit yet, but Anderson got his shot and failed, so now it's Quinn's chance to see if he can do any better.

It's actually quite simple, and the posters who frequent your forum deserve better than being insulted by someone's douchey alter-ego for no good reason.

that's the jist of your reasoning. I get what you're trying to say.

Shocking how a marionette fails in the reasoning dept.

Sorry to tell you nobody's ever understood anything LESS.

Now thats a real knee slapper ...

You know that you can go back and edit or even delete your own posts right? ... you should have, but I can understand the giddiness to duplicate your funny of yesterday.

Guess they didn't have your size...did you try Aeropostale?

Look no further than the HOU game last season, when both sucked. Anderson just knows how to suck better than Quinn.

...but don't look as far back as the previous houston game, because Anderson beat them. (not good for Quinn comparisons)

And don't forget, in last yrs HOU game, if you apply "BQ Nation Logic" to Braylon's TD drop, Anderson's rating was actually 137.

I was at the houston game last year jackass (it was freezing cold by the way) and after quinn went out due to injury, DA came in, people began booing, I said "oh shit, here we go" 2 plays later DA throws a pick, just as I expected

FYI Quinn went out due to getting yanked on that sunny day, not due to injury and/or chilly temps.

And Anderson's pick was on his 14th and final throw of the day, not 2nd.

I understand it's probably a tough day for you to remember, Quinn sucking as terribly as he did. Very traumatic day for BQ Nation I imagine.

I understand it's probably a tough day for you to remember, Quinn sucking as terribly as he did. Very traumatic day for BQ Nation I imagine.

LOL....dude, Anderson had 51 yards passing in 15 attempts. He sucked worse than Quinn did that day, but I know how bad last season was for you seeing as how your HERO could pass for 140 YPG. Hell we have 5th graders who could do that.

LOL....dude, Anderson had 51 yards passing in 15 attempts. He sucked worse than Quinn did that day

as I was saying, simply apply "BQ Nation Logic" to Braylon's dropped TD pass and DA has a 137 QB rating for the day.

again by applying "BQ Nation Logic" which wipes out the pick off of Jason Wrights hands and DA has a 158.33 QB rating for the day.

but if you take away the penalties, the dropped passes, the tip's for picks, he was the best rated passer in the league.

hehe....at least keep an argument consistent. we can't go back to 2007 when discussing DA, but we can go back to quinn's college years?

this shits getting pretty damn funny!

So Anderson is getting rooked somehow?

He was THE LOWEST RATED PASSER IN THE NFL LAST YEAR... yet he was still given a chance to compete for the job.

He lost. Quinn won. Anderson put up a 53. Quinn put up and 86. It was clear cut.

I do not understand Ate and Z's affection for a passer who posted a rating of 70 over his last 18 starts, couldn't beat a playoff team, and couldn't beat Pittsburgh. Is it the Lincoln beard? The vacant smile?

Shep you don't undestand it because you purposely slant it and use selective memory.

Seems you forget Winslow going down last year, as well as receivers #2 and #3. And Braylon dropping more game-changers than a guy should ever have the right to.

Despite all that, and the lackluster all-around offensive and team performance last season, Anderson has 13-11 record and a 77 passer rating over the past two years (don't get your 18 game cutoff ... either you count a season or you don't) which is by far better Quarterbacking than I have seen anybody else do with the position in over a decade.

He has a quick release, a strong arm, throws a beautiful ball, avoids sacks and seems to have the support ond comraderie of his teammates. His achilles heal is his consistency and accuracy, that was Quinn's window of opportunity, he took advantage of it, and now it is his chance to show that he is a better more consistent QB than Anderson and gives us a better chance to win a football game each Sunday.

Zombo

but if you take away the penalties, the dropped passes, the tip's for picks, he was the best rated passer in the league.

:rolleyes: Yes, because that is what people are implying or getting at. Especially when the "Quinn fags" are saying Quinn had a bad game. :rolleyes:

Shep you don't undestand it because you purposely slant it and use selective memory.

Seems you forget Winslow going down last year, as well as receivers #2 and #3. And Braylon dropping more game-changers than a guy should ever have the right to.

Despite all that, and the lackluster all-around offensive and team performance last season, Anderson has 13-11 record and a 77 passer rating over the past two years (don't get your 18 game cutoff ... either you count a season or you don't) which is by far better Quarterbacking than I have seen anybody else do with the position in over a decade.

He has a quick release, a strong arm, throws a beautiful ball, avoids sacks and seems to have the support ond comraderie of his teammates. His achilles heal is his consistency and accuracy, that was Quinn's window of opportunity, he took advantage of it, and now it is his chance to show that he is a better more consistent QB than Anderson and gives us a better chance to win a football game each Sunday.

Zombo

Winslow played in all but 3 of DA's starts last season. Stallworth played in 4 of DA's starts las season.

If you give DA credit for every one of BE's drops, he is still completing well below 60% of his passes. The math has been done on here before. Sure BE has dropped game changers. DA has also thrown more game changing pick 6's than BE has dropped game changing passes.

If you are going to say it goes back more than 18, then why not all of DA's starts? His QB rating is closer to 74~75 over the last two years. That is the same as Couch for his career in CLE.

He was THE LOWEST RATED PASSER IN THE NFL LAST YEAR...

yeah it was almost as low as Brady Quinns.

that leads me to a question you've never been able to answer except for speculation about a non-painful finger bruise:

how come THE MOST NFL-READY QB IN A DECADE can't produce a better passer rating than the lowest rated passer in the NFL?

His QB rating is closer to 74~75 over the last two years.

It is 77. Exactly what I said it is.

But it is those things like yards, first downs, touchdowns, and wins that really appeal to a football coach. Quinn has a very strong backup and needs to play well and win to keep his job. There is no agenda here ... I'm just trying to explain some sanity to you guys.

Zombo

So Shep doesn't get his 18 game cutoff but you don't get to count 2006 right?

Because again, when you count his STARTS in 2006 that turns him into a QB with an overall LOSING record. and lowers that wonderfull 77 down to 75.

and I know BLAH BLAH I'll respond to anything BLAH BLAH..

All I am saying is, if you don't want other people cherry picking stats, then no one should.

I went with the past two seasons because I'm not really that concerned with how he performed as an emergency starter in 06, nor do I beat Quinn's stats over the past two years over your heads either. Really the only start that matters to me regarding Quinn right now is his next one.

If you don't understand the difference between saying "over the past two seasons" and "over the last 18 games", which draws a line in the middle of a season then ... Christ I don't know why I even try with you people you're going to bang your quinnie drums and give each other gay high fives no matter what I do ... I just hope we win a game this week.

Zombo

ONLY if you totally forget 2006 which I would understand why you want to do that.

a 12.3 rating in one game really kills that average.

OK, if you think a game in 06 is a good barometer on how Anderson would perform today then go with it. I doubt Eric Mangini is sitting around going "don't put him in ... remember that 12.3 in 2006?!?!"

It is 77. Exactly what I said it is.

But it is those things like yards, first downs, touchdowns, and wins that really appeal to a football coach. Quinn has a very strong backup and needs to play well and win to keep his job. There is no agenda here ... I'm just trying to explain some sanity to you guys.

Zombo

Acutally I stand corrected. I just did all the math and it is actually a 78 QBR. My bad on that. It is still the bottom 1/3 of the NFL for guys with the same number of starts over that period of time.

In fairness it's also those big turnovers, poor play againt winning record teams, and inaccurate passing that really don't appeal to a football coach.

Archived