Browns Injury Reports

bbedward

The hits keep coming

---

Also this week:

Dawand Jones placed on IR, with MCL surgery

Mo Hurst Jr. on season ending IR with a pec injury

Grant Delpit on IR with a groin injury, will miss at least 4 games

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo has a pectoral injury that may end up season ending, probably awaiting tests 

As he heads to the IR, Hurst made a point to express his gratitude to his fellow teammates, the Browns, and the city of Cleveland:

“My 2023 season is over, and the frustration is unbearable. However I am grateful to my teammates, coaches, staff, and the city of Cleveland for welcoming me and making me a part of this family…. I’ll be back better than before.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

As he heads to the IR, Hurst made a point to express his gratitude to his fellow teammates, the Browns, and the city of Cleveland:

“My 2023 season is over, and the frustration is unbearable. However I am grateful to my teammates, coaches, staff, and the city of Cleveland for welcoming me and making me a part of this family…. I’ll be back better than before.”

Gonna miss the belly rubs, he was having a career year I think top 15 ranked DT, but he plays 40% of snaps and I think we have the depth to fill it - maybe siaki ika can fill in.

Hats off to Andrew berry for filling this team with incredible depth - aside from the QB position until recently 😁At least we can all admit we were wrong about dobbs

• Upvote 1

As far as I know, Ika was out the first 12 games with a foot injury. He has been active since week 13, but still hasn't played a snap. Could definitely help us against the run, if he is really in playing condition.

Also, maybe consider changing the title to: Injuries, as we are discussing several players? Might save other topics from being started. 

• Upvote 1

• bbedward changed the title to Browns Injury Reports
1 hour ago, bbedward said:

Delpit on IR, out the rest of the regular season, may make a playoff return. 

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo has a pectoral injury apparently that may also derail his season, not a lot of news about it yet

Yeah, I figured Delpit with a groin injury was going to miss some time.... And the owners want an 18 game schedule?  Better go the college route, and expand the roster to 70 or so...  We're not the only team that's getting hit with injuries... I've lost track of how many #1 quarterbacks are out for the season, or have missed serious playing time.  ...  

• Upvote 1

This is crazy. Just this week - Wills, Dawand, Hurst, now Delpit and Okoronkwo (potentially) all done for the year or out for the regular season. 

Ward, Hunt, Ford, Thornhill, Pocic, Elliott all banged up and questionable as of now. Hopefully all those guys suit up Sunday. At this pace we'll have a practice squad starting by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

This is crazy. Just this week - Wills, Dawand, Hurst, now Delpit and Okoronkwo (potentially) all done for the year or out for the regular season. 

Ward, Hunt, Ford, Thornhill, Pocic, Elliott all banged up and questionable as of now. Hopefully all those guys suit up Sunday. At this pace we'll have a practice squad starting by the end of the season.

Let’s just win out and get the 1 seed, we sure are desperate for a bye week 

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This why its so stupid that the NFL will eventually have a 18 game regular season.

High school plays 10 regular season games. College plays 12.

18 games is the epitome of quantity over quality. 

I’m ok with the NFL having more games than college, but 16 seemed plenty. If they want more games they should add another playoff round or something - let some of the fringe teams battle for the last wild card or something.

As-is it seems pretty evident they at least need to give teams 2 bye weeks. This team desperately needs a bye week now since theirs was so early on.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Apparently Ogbo has a torn pec, but hasn't been placed on IR. Is he expected back from that anytime soon?

Last I read is that Stef says it "may be" season ending, but he does not have a final reading on it yet.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, Dutch Oven said:

This why its so stupid that the NFL will eventually have a 18 game regular season.

High school plays 10 regular season games. College plays 12.

18 games is the epitome of quantity over quality. 

Even worse, this asks about 2 teams a week that played on Sunday afternoon to be ready to play again on Thursday (one of those teams may have to travel back home on Sunday and possibly somewhere else again prior to their matchup on Thursday).  The week of Thanksgiving now asks 6 teams to prepare and play on that kind of short week. Those of us that have played this game - do you remember what you felt like the day after a game?

Greed hasn't made this game better.  

And ratings?  Fantasy football has helped them. Furthermore, dangling the NFL carrot to countries across the Atlantic Ocean and/or below the teeny tiny Tex-Mex picket fence and pricker bushes.  The larger audiences helped to bring up the revenue for owners via the TV contract monopoly.

Just this year, the Browns have a very impressive record considering the unreasonable injury volume.  As I've said, I'm 59 years old going on 21 and I don't ever remember a more invasive/pervasive injury volume this franchise has had to overcome.  This seems to have been our bigger opponent every week.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Apparently Ogbo has a torn pec, but hasn't been placed on IR. Is he expected back from that anytime soon?

He’s wants to play through it, so I’d guess he’s going through rounds of doctors and tests and opinions to see if he can finish the season without surgery. I’d be pretty surprised if he doesn’t go on IR, but good for him for wanting to try to play through I guess.

• Upvote 1