THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam Under Federal Investigation Again

Dutch Oven

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is being investigated by federal prosecutors over whether he gave illegal payments to Pilot executives to boost the value of the company before its sale to Berkshire Hathaway, according to Bloomberg.

The investigation stems from a civil suit over the sale of part of Pilot to Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway. Bloomberg reports prosecutors are investigating whether payments were made, and if they caused the value of Haslam’s shares of Pilot to increase before being sold to Buffett.

7 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Well boys, looks like we're going to be getting one of our home games moved to Brazil. Jimmy needs to pay his lawyers to defend against Warren Buffett's lawyers. 

Well the real Girl From Ipanema still lives there. I'd go to the game and a search just for that even if she is 78 now.🥰

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well the real Girl From Ipanema still lives there. I'd go to the game and a search just for that even if she is 78 now.🥰

That was Lola Falana or Carmen Miranda.. Right?.. LOL!

I know someone wants to shout "Gloria Estefan" Not to be confused with "Esteban"

1 hour ago, nickers said:

That was Lola Falana or Carmen Miranda.. Right?.. LOL!

I know someone wants to shout "Gloria Estefan" Not to be confused with "Esteban"

Nice try. LOL!

https://www.today.com/news/brazilian-beauty-meet-woman-who-inspired-girl-ipanema-t101592

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Miami  Sound Machine played here at the Riverbend Festival in maybe 1995.   My wife was a board member and we had stage seats for the show....like 30 feet from the performance, side stage.   It was a stormy, windy night.  Several times the updrafts took her dress up above her head.

Got to admit, she looked pretty darn good.

Can a year go by without this organization making the news that's disparaging or negative?

Was it this year that the Browns trashed the airplane they flew in? The years run into each other.

Thank god that at least we are finally a formidable team and are winning.  No one is laughing at the Browns now. 

• Upvote 1

This season reminds me a lot of the 2020 season when the Browns went 11-5 and then BEAT Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh in the 1st round of the playoffs.  The final score of that game looks way closer than the reality.  The score was 48-29 with about 69 seconds left when Pitt scored a meaningless TD and got the 2 point conversion.

That was a fun year like this season has been so far.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flugel said:

This season reminds me a lot of the 2020 season when the Browns went 11-5 and then BEAT Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh in the 1st round of the playoffs.  The final score of that game looks way closer than the reality.  The score was 48-29 with about 69 seconds left when Pitt scored a meaningless TD and got the 2 point conversion.

That was a fun year like this season has been so far.  

I'd be curious how the injury situation of that '20 team compares to this year. 

Didn't Baker literally meet one of his new starters on the OLine in the locker room of the Steelers playoff game? Or something like that? 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd be curious how the injury situation of that '20 team compares to this year. 

Didn't Baker literally meet one of his new starters on the OLine in the locker room of the Steelers playoff game? Or something like that? 

I think OBJ was injured like usual; BUT the injury volume overall wasn't nearly as bad as this year.  That said, the Browns did have to occasionally work around some of the COVID land mines sidelining players just like other teams had to.  We lost Stefanski for the 1st playoff game and the team scored 48 points with OC Alex Van Pelt finally getting the chance to call plays. 

Before that season began, I remembered my biggest worry being the LBer Corps.  They weren't the most talented bunch per say BUT I remembered they never prevented us from losing.  Takitaki even had a 50 yard pick 6 on poor Carson Wentz-Wrong.  He also had the last one of our team's 4 INTs on Roethlisberger.    Constant pressure up front that game gave us the goodies to celebrate.

As for the Olineman you mentioned - I remember that too.  I think it might have been Michael Dunn but you better double check me on that. I believe we signed him late in that season.  He's been pretty solid when called upon IMO.  

14 hours ago, Flugel said:

I think OBJ was injured like usual; BUT the injury volume overall wasn't nearly as bad as this year.  That said, the Browns did have to occasionally work around some of the COVID land mines sidelining players just like other teams had to.  We lost Stefanski for the 1st playoff game and the team scored 48 points with OC Alex Van Pelt finally getting the chance to call plays. 

Before that season began, I remembered my biggest worry being the LBer Corps.  They weren't the most talented bunch per say BUT I remembered they never prevented us from losing.  Takitaki even had a 50 yard pick 6 on poor Carson Wentz-Wrong.  He also had the last one of our team's 4 INTs on Roethlisberger.    Constant pressure up front that game gave us the goodies to celebrate.

As for the Olineman you mentioned - I remember that too.  I think it might have been Michael Dunn but you better double check me on that. I believe we signed him late in that season.  He's been pretty solid when called upon IMO.  

I believe Michael Dunn just hung up his cleats just before or when the season started.. I'll have to double check that..

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I believe Michael Dunn just hung up his cleats just before or when the season started.. I'll have to double check that..

We were talking about the playoff game the Browns won against Pittsburgh in January of 2021.   As for thoughts about this year -  Dunn filled in/started 1 game for Bitonio and played well against SF. After the game, he went on IR with a calf injury.  On November 18th the Browns activated Dunn and he's still with the Browns.  That said, the way injuries are going Nicks - don't blink.

• Upvote 1