THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Well, it was a great debut for Ana De Armas, as she went a smoking 4-0 versus the spread and took the ZomBabe lead.

s-l1600.jpg

This week we've got two of our rivals playing today on a Saturday, so double up the weekend beer purchase!

Minnesota at Cincinnati, Saturday, 1:00 PM

Vikings defense is playing lights out so its time to come back to earth for Jake Browneye with a few weeks of film on him. VIKINGS 17 BUNGLES 14

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis, Saturday, 4:30 PM

It's that time of the year when everyone counts out Tomlin and the Steelers ... Seen this movie too many times. STEELERS 20 COLTS 16

Chicago at Cleveland, Sunday, 1:00 PM

Now that the Browns have a QB that can stretch out the defense, the running game should start rolling for the playoff run. And Browns defense dominates at home. BROWNS 20 BEARS 9

Baltimore at Jacksonville, Sunday Night Football, 8:20 PM

Duval County will be up for this challenge under the lights, Jags ready for a statement game. JAGS 27 RATBIRDS 20

Updated ZomBabe Standings 

Ana De Armas 4-0

Minka Kelly 2-1

Alexandra Daddario 4-4

Bryce Dallas Howard 4-4

Isabela Merced 7-8

Kate Upton 5-8

TGZ

Cinncy   20    Minn    17  (Browning is real)

Colts 21  Pitt  10 (No real QB = not many points)

Rats   24     Jags   17    (they miss Kirk more than most realize) 

Good guys 21     Bad Guys   24  (injuries finally catch up with us)

• Upvote 1

Cincy 13 Vikings 20 (I think browning is not real and they come back to earth)

Colts 27 Pitt 15 - I can’t see Tomlin overcoming Mitch trubisky

Jags 30 Ravens 17 - Jax really wants this one and Lamar probably sprains his ankle and is out until the playoffs since he usually does that this time of year

Brown 34 Bears 10 - everybody is overhyping the bears but fields gets sacked 5 times and turns it over a few times

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And then Browning being real.  LOL!😁

I feel like he lobbed some high airtime ducks and got lucky, that combined with tiny Vikings and giant bengals receivers. He still didn’t look impressive to me, but both teams have some crazy receivers 

edit:

but not nearly as lucky as Mullens holy shit he chucked some awful passes that his receivers bailed him out on 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

We need to win the next three games.  I don't want to have to win the last game of the season against the Bengals.

I was hoping they would have nothing to play for and that may not be the case.  

Buffalo is on a roll.

Denver has a tough one.

Hopefully the Texans get bounced with Davis Mills tomorrow.

Getting tight in here 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

There's a whole bunch of teams with 6 losses.  We don't want to join them.  Gotta beat the Bears.

We hold tie breakers over most of them thankfully…losing to the bears wouldn’t be the worst since it’s not an afc opponent.

Obviously beating them is preferable though. If we win and the jags upset Baltimore then there will be 5 million posts about the browns winning the division. It’s insane how close the AFC is. Some of those 7-6 teams play each other though which helps us, we play the Texans too

Browns to win Division..

1.) Browns have to win all four remaining games on their schedule (Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, New York Jets, and Bengals).

2.) Ravens have to lose two out of the three matchups against the Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers, and Miami Dolphins. 

Crazier things have happened in the 2023-24 installment of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Browns to win Division..

1.) Browns have to win all four remaining games on their schedule (Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, New York Jets, and Bengals).

2.) Ravens have to lose two out of the three matchups against the Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers, and Miami Dolphins. 

Crazier things have happened in the 2023-24 installment of the NFL.

Im more concerned with the browns winning than the ravens losing 2, I’m pretty confident in the ravens dropping 2 actually. If we get the bears and they drop the jags then it looks a whole lot better though.

Some crazy things to think of.

1. The Browns have the same record as Kansas City who won the Super Bowl last season.

2. The team with the best record in the AFC is the Ravens who Cleveland already beat once and in their own stadium.

3. The Browns have beat all of their division rivals once.

4. There is a three-way tie for first place in the NFC with teams that have a 10-3 record and one team the Browns have already beat this year.

And all of this without a franchise QB and most of the key players out on IR. I'm starting to remember back to 2016 when the Cavs were playing the Warriors like every year in the finals and did that thing by beating the Warriors in such a memorable fashion. Maybe the Browns can do this thing this year. Anything's possible.

Broncos losing gives us a chance to separate further from some of the pack at least, too bad the Vikings did everything in their power to lose. I really wanted week 18 to be a home game in Cincinnati, but it probably won’t be since they won’t go away. At least stefanski owns the bengals.

I just hope the browns keep doing the winning thing, I like that.

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

Im more concerned with the browns winning than the ravens losing 2, I’m pretty confident in the ravens dropping 2 actually. If we get the bears and they drop the jags then it looks a whole lot better though.

TBH, I'd rather see Jags losing this one. They are in a close race with KC for the #3 seed. Winning the division is a long shot, and I'd much rather play the Jags than KC in the first round.  

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

TBH, I'd rather see Jags losing this one. They are in a close race with KC for the #3 seed. Winning the division is a long shot, and I'd much rather play the Jags than KC in the first round.  

Agree on playing KC vs Jax, but always want Baltimore to lose. Depends a lot on how our game goes, though. Baltimore has a very tough final stretch and I don’t want em resting starters in week 18

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

There's a whole bunch of teams with 6 losses.  We don't want to join them.  Gotta beat the Bears.

IMO, margin of error says we can't afford to lose until we're at least 2 games up on everyone chasing us.  If we didn't have the unreasonable injury volume - I'd be a lot more relaxed about it all.  

• Upvote 1

Not good prognosticating Z, damn Viqueens, couldn't beat the Bungles...  I'll take a Squealer loss, but unfortunately I don't see them beating the Bengals- at least once.  Yeah, them Bungles now hold the #7 seed, but not if either the Texans or Bills win today... 

However I have very BAD news for you today Z....   Due to the nephew backing out of going to the game at the last minute.... Both me AND "The Curse" will be in attendance today, in duck weather no less... Not too happy about it either.  I'll accept donations to stay at my pal's house and stay dry.   😉

MHO? Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game, the pigskin is going to be really slippery in the rain.  

Browns should beat da'bears by more than 10 at home.. 

This might be the week we'd want to play at the Texans? ? Texans offense is all dinged up playing at Tennessee

searching the internet to root for the Cowboys for a day at Buffalo?  Fuk' them Cow-gals ! but win in Orchard Park 😁

images.jpg.2a155cb100bc3288c0e5231e80fe48db.jpg

Go Browns ! screw scoreboard watching  ☝️

The Vikings really gave us a prime example of grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. So many browning ducks the Vikings DBs just couldn’t get in position, and trying and failing to call the tush push twice in overtime - just give it to the damn back who was gashing the banged up bengals front all day. Mullens chucking two red zone interceptions, one of which to a guy 6 inches from him laying on his back.

Blech, thankfully the bengals have atrocious tie breaker positioning.

^ at least Joey Flacco has big hands, should help him in the rain.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:01 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Cinncy   20    Minn    17  (Browning is real)

Colts 21  Pitt  10 (No real QB = not many points)

Rats   24     Jags   17    (they miss Kirk more than most realize) 

Good guys 21     Bad Guys   24  (injuries finally catch up with us)

Heh, I don't mind being 3-1 after getting a miracle kick off a muffed on-your-back reception. I'll take it any day of the week. Shoulda been a 23-20 loss, almost as predicted.