THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

I sure hope it is this simple  - or - ends up that way. A good D +  an experienced QB  + win the t/o battle  + win the kicking game  =  a big  W !   (at any level of football, any game !  ) .    Right ?      

I think Mr Flacco has enough of what it takes to be a  playoff team  thank goodness.   Coupled with the (pretty much) solid defense to do enough to win.

An overly simplistic way of saying they will do just enough to win a road game as a slight favorite  with an experienced quarterback.

And win the turnover battle.    Cleveland  26   Houston 22.       GO BROWNS !         [ And I'll go with the ol' gal .... anytime. ]       :D

352d029635ded758d0fcd2cbcea36b32-1.jpg

Nobody should be surprised the feel good Jake browning story hit a wall, he made so many really lucky lame duck throws where his receivers bailed him out last night.

I hope I can find a pub to watch the browns in Istanbul tonight, if so:

browns 30 Houston 17

And ravens I won’t watch but

49ers 23 Ravens 17

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Steelers & Bengals both with 7 looses now.   Steelers 4 - 1  in the division though.

As much as we never want Pittsburgh or Baltimore to win in our division, it felt like we needed Pittsburgh to knock Cincy back to 2 more losses than the Browns. The Browns control their own destiny - just win.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Steelers & Bengals both with 7 looses now.   Steelers 4 - 1  in the division though.

Browns win two out of three, and it doesn't matter. Bengals lose all division tiebreakers. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

As much as we never want Pittsburgh or Baltimore to win in our division, it felt like we needed Pittsburgh to knock Cincy back to 2 more losses than the Browns. The Browns control their own destiny - just win.

This is true... I said it elsewhere, as a Browns fan- you wanted the Steelers to win, and in the process- they mutually shot their playoff chances in the feet.  

I haz composed a little tune...  

Rudolph the Steeler QB wasn't very good

Sitting on the bench... was understood

Mason the Steeler QB was so lame,

they wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any Steeler games...  

then one foggy Christmas Eve, Tomlin came to say 

Rudolph with your arm so lame, just go out and win this game.

then all the Yinzers loved him

and they shouted out with glee,

Rudolph the lame arm QB you'll go down in history 

THE END  :)    

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Browns win two out of three, and it doesn't matter. Bengals lose all division tiebreakers. 

This is true... I said it elsewhere, as a Browns fan- you wanted the Steelers to win, and in the process- they mutually shot their playoff chances in the feet.  

I haz composed a little tune...  

Rudolph the Steeler QB wasn't very good

Sitting on the bench... was understood

Mason the Steeler QB was so lame,

they wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any Steeler games...  

then one foggy Christmas Eve, Tomlin came to say 

Rudolph with your arm so lame, just go out and win this game.

then all the Yinzers loved him

and they shouted out with glee,

Rudolph the lame arm QB you'll go down in history 

THE END  :)    

Was that Chardonnay or Moscato on vocals? 😂

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

In Istanbul there is a big soccer match apparently, that will be over by the browns game but the bar that shows the browns game would rather show the postgame of the soccer match since I guess people care about that here 🙃

Fenerbahçe VS Galatasaray The Intercontinental Derby No chance they are showing anything else I'm afraid.

A rivalry with quite a bit of history: "The first game played between the two sides was a friendly game on Sunday, 17 January 1909." 

Steelers game was on script.  Pickens who pissed off everyone in pittsburgh( radio callers ready to bench him) with his crying and refusing to block or takes plays off and lost his teammates support.  Tomlin on fire ...he needs to go..blah blah blah.  He catches 2 long tds and mason rudolph looked like Big Ben.

Now everyone is happy...steelers will win out...tomlin will keep his never having a losing season streak intact and they will shut the nay sayers up.

Pathetic.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I'd say this is a must win game.  

#5 seed   vs   #6 seed,   I'd say  MUST  win !

4 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Fenerbahçe VS Galatasaray The Intercontinental Derby No chance they are showing anything else I'm afraid.

A rivalry with quite a bit of history: "The first game played between the two sides was a friendly game on Sunday, 17 January 1909." 

Apparently they do have it because there’s some weird pay per view stuff and the bar has people pay money to watch it in a separate area, the part nobody wants to be has the browns game 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

#5 seed   vs   #6 seed,   I'd say  MUST  win !

I really thought that this would be a closer game,  honestly,  CLE 26   TEX 22 .    I was thrilled by the results   CLE  36   TEX  22,   

What a game,  only 4 days until the  NY Jets  vs  CLE  hit the field Thursday night ...  OMG I can't wait for what's next !    GO BROWNS 2023 !   :D

Ana was 3-1 last week, is 3-0 this week and is now 10-1 Overall. On fire!

s-l1600.jpg

Updated ZomBabe Standings 

Ana De Armas 10-1

Minka Kelly 2-1

Alexandra Daddario 4-4

Bryce Dallas Howard 4-4

Isabela Merced 7-8

Kate Upton 5-8

7 hours ago, syd said:

just for the hell of it. Lets say all 3 wildcard teams win out (and we are still the 5 seed) We would get a home playoff game ?

No, at least not in the first round. The division winners always get a home playoff game, even with an inferior record to a wildcard.  In theory- the Browns could host a playoff game as the #5, but with the current standings...  the wildcards would 1) ALL have to beat the Jags, Chiefs and Dolphins- on the road... And top it off 2) someone would have to knock off the #1 seed Ravens in the second round too. 

If the season ended today, the Browns would get a rematch with the Jaguars in Jacksonville. But FWIW, wildcards have won the Super Bowl, being the road team entirely. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

No, at least not in the first round. The division winners always get a home playoff game, even with an inferior record to a wildcard.  In theory- the Browns could host a playoff game as the #5, but with the current standings...  the wildcards would 1) ALL have to beat the Jags, Chiefs and Dolphins- on the road... And top it off 2) someone would have to knock off the #1 seed Ravens in the second round too. 

If the season ended today, the Browns would get a rematch with the Jaguars in Jacksonville. But FWIW, wildcards have won the Super Bowl, being the road team entirely. 

Sucks if we get to 12 wins and still not win the division, sucks to be in the best I guess.

if we clinch the 5 seed, then playing the AFC South winner is the best matchup we could hope for. I wouldn’t wanna go into arrowhead to kick things off 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Sucks if we get to 12 wins and still not win the division, sucks to be in the best I guess.

if we clinch the 5 seed, then playing the AFC South winner is the best matchup we could hope for. I wouldn’t wanna go into arrowhead to kick things off 

Yeah, it looked for a while that the NFC south winner could host a playoff game with a losing record. If that happens, it wouldn't be the first time in recent playoff history.  

On 12/24/2023 at 11:29 AM, Kvoethe said:

Steelers game was on script.  Pickens who pissed off everyone in pittsburgh( radio callers ready to bench him) with his crying and refusing to block or takes plays off and lost his teammates support.  Tomlin on fire ...he needs to go..blah blah blah.  He catches 2 long tds and mason rudolph looked like Big Ben.

Now everyone is happy...steelers will win out...tomlin will keep his never having a losing season streak intact and they will shut the nay sayers up.

Pathetic.

Should have played the lottery...