THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's our kicker going to be?

Orion

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for the idea Aggies.  I worry he lost the art somewhat though.  I'd prefer Robbie Gould if we could make it happen.  

No worries there. Since he actually started out as a star high school soccer player before switching to kicker, Pele will inspire him to his former greatness for the Browns.

There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

EDGE Analysis
Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

EDGE Analysis
Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.

When you really think about it - Hopkins and Myles Garrett were Co-MVPs of this team before Flacco got here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

When you really think about it - Hopkins and Myles Garrett were Co-MVPs of this team before Flacco got here.

And Flacco understood what Cooper's capabilities were with a QB who trusted him to make the tough catches which denied interceptions.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, syd said:

sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

Sounds like a Festivus miracle 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

I can only  IMAGINE  what his agent is dealing now, lol.   "OK, my guy wants ......"

Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison 😁

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Sounds like a Festivus miracle 

well you know how it go's A couple of drinks and i do not ever have to deal with her bullshit any longer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...Damn glad we signed a kicker

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Living the life of Riley... For those old enough to remember the sitcom.  :D  

Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison 😁

Had a wonderful get together with old friends- good food and old wines.  1989 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chapelle, and others.   

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I can only  IMAGINE  what his agent is dealing now, lol.   "OK, my guy wants ......"

Well, based on Justin Tucker's current contract, he should ask "you're up shit creek without a paddle kicker situation"  About $350k per game.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:58 PM, Orion said:

In 4 days we play the Jets with playoffs on the line.  Our punter isn't even qualified to be a backup kickoff guy?  

THat's what I've been saying. This guy went through his entire football life and never kicked a ball off a tee before? Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

8ajj36(1).gif.5755adde528d39f8884eac24f890ab80.gif

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

We used to have a punter that could kick FG's.  It's a damned handy trait to have for a punter if you ask me.

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Steve Cox?

That was a looooooooong time ago. 

Him too.  The guy I'm talking about was fairly recent.  This century anyway.  :)   But like Cox, he was thought to be used on extremely long FG attempts like at the end of a game or half...although I'm not sure we actually used his FG talent.  (or portion thereof)

.........So, if I'm not mistaken, it was Spencer Lanning.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Him too.  The guy I'm talking about was fairly recent.  This century anyway.  :)   But like Cox, he was thought to be used on extremely long FG attempts like at the end of a game or half...although I'm not sure we actually used his FG talent.  (or portion thereof)

I can't think of who that was, but yeah, it would be great to have kickers who can half-assed do the other guy's job too, in case of emergency. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I think it was Spencer Lanning.

Funny you mention, because I have Madden 25 for my PS3 and Spencer Lanning is my punter on that game. Shayne Graham is the place kicker and if you lose him in FA, the guy that handles the kick offs is Lanning.

• Like 1